Kendrick Norton

B7j7XoWIUAAmbha.jpg

Advertisement
Only remaining DT in mix worth a ****. Must get

Looking right now like it's.

Green
Norton
Scott

Don't forget 2015 WDE Shelton Johnson from Delray Beach.

Here the million dollar question regarding the dline. Al Golden has said Miami only has 5 spots left in the 2015 class, so that means roughly only 1 spot left for a dlinemen whether he be a NT, DT, SDE, or WDE. So with that said what happens if Green picks USC, Scott visits Mississippi but decides it is a little to country for him and picks Miami. An then in a whopping surprise Norton picks Miami also because his desire to play defense overrides his need for big school fan base attention. Finally as icing on the cake Johnson chooses the home team also because he wants to stay close to family an help bring UM back to prominence.

So now UM has 3 plug an play recruits that with a redshirt year will provide quality dline depth for the 2016 season.

So the question is what does Golden do, because there is a real high possibility this scenario plays out? Does he cut earl moore and Hunter wells (weed head OL who hasn't panned out) to make room?

Go Canes

I keep hearing that if FSU misses on bigger targets they may go after S. Johnson

Johnson is a VT and Miami battle at the moment, if FSU misses on some higher targets they will try and reel him in. Johnson also comes from the same school former VT corner Jayron Hosley came from. Another big miss by the University of Miami in the past.

We are desperate for DTs. Anyone who can play the position half way decent, our coaches want them. The kid is a better OG but wants to play defense and that's also the spot that we are desperate for players. At the All Star game I've heard coaches there were telling him he could be great on the offensive line but he is insistent on being a DT and that's where we need him. So I think he comes to the U. Also if FSU wants Shelton Johnson he will go there from what I hear. They are actually his first choice but it depends on how badly they push for him these last few weeks. He's visiting there soon. If they make it known that they really want him it will be a wrap.

Last edited:
Only remaining DT in mix worth a ****. Must get

Looking right now like it's.

Green
Norton
Scott

Don't forget 2015 WDE Shelton Johnson from Delray Beach.

Here the million dollar question regarding the dline. Al Golden has said Miami only has 5 spots left in the 2015 class, so that means roughly only 1 spot left for a dlinemen whether he be a NT, DT, SDE, or WDE. So with that said what happens if Green picks USC, Scott visits Mississippi but decides it is a little to country for him and picks Miami. An then in a whopping surprise Norton picks Miami also because his desire to play defense overrides his need for big school fan base attention. Finally as icing on the cake Johnson chooses the home team also because he wants to stay close to family an help bring UM back to prominence.

So now UM has 3 plug an play recruits that with a redshirt year will provide quality dline depth for the 2016 season.

So the question is what does Golden do, because there is a real high possibility this scenario plays out? Does he cut earl moore and Hunter wells (weed head OL who hasn't panned out) to make room?

Go Canes

If I'm not mistaken the five spots was before Dexter decommited, so that should open it up to 6 spots. I assume we adjust to take 2-3 more than we have currently room for, if some surprise LOIs are sent in, because there is always attrition.

Advertisement
That was after the Dexter Williams decommit. He said it the week after the bowl game during a WQAM interview.

I would agree that over signing would be a good thing in this situation.

Go Canes

Shelton Johnson is a beast. Load up on D-Lineman and O-Lineman as much as you can. That's where you win games at, in the trenches.

That was after the Dexter Williams decommit. He said it the week after the bowl game during a WQAM interview.

I would agree that over signing would be a good thing in this situation.

Go Canes

Dexter decomitted on January 2, which was the Friday after the bowl game. Golden's interview was before that.

Advertisement
Back