Kendrick Norton

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
Rivals has him a 4 dt. espn as a 4 star og. I know we want him at dt but alot want him on OL. is this kid a scrub DL? whats the deal? is he good on def?

Advertisement
FSU didn't want him at DT that is why decommitted from them. I think we are one of the few schools that want him at DT. If we get him the GoldenKnights are going throw a victory parade because he is a "4*" recruit that plays DT.

Rivals has him a 4 dt. espn as a 4 star og. I know we want him at dt but alot want him on OL. is this kid a scrub DL? whats the deal? is he good on def?

I don't know if he is a scrub DT or not, but if he struggles here in this crappy scheme fans here will sure call him one.

There are several threads about this guy already. But to answer your question Norton is a MONSTER AT OG, and is very strong at holding the point of attack. So as a natural 2 gapping NT/DT this kid is perfect for Goldens 3-4 two gap defense and could have a Louis Nix type affect on UM's defensive front.

So ultimately if he wants to play defense UM is his only true option all te other schools are lying to him an switch him once he signs an Norton knows it but loves the attention. So in the end it is choice of how badly does he want to play defense? In the end I think he ends up at Miami.

Norton thread #2
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/83899-Kendrick-Norton?highlight=norton

Norton thread #3
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/82393-Kendrick-Norton-2015-NT-Updates-Top-3?highlight=kendrick+norton

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
See Louis Nix. Played OT and DT in HS, and we recruited him at DT (as did ND). Worked out well for the Irish.

He wants to play defense but most schools want him at OG miami is the only major school recruiting him as a DT

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Seems like he really wants to be here, but Mom (who loves Miami), wants him to take his visits. Remember, he decommitted from FSU, so I think she wants him to be patient. He was actually tweeting up a storm during his visit, and it was all great stuff. His twitter page has pics of his cookie cake and a photo with Golden.

Seems like he really wants to be here, but Mom (who loves Miami), wants him to take his visits. Remember, he decommitted from FSU, so I think she wants him to be patient. He was actually tweeting up a storm during his visit, and it was all great stuff. His twitter page has pics of his cookie cake and a photo with Golden.

Yeah he left FSU because they wouldn't give him the chance to play DT, they only wanted him as a OG

Only remaining DT in mix worth a ****. Must get

Looking right now like it's.

Green
Norton
Scott

Don't forget 2015 WDE Shelton Johnson from Delray Beach.

Here the million dollar question regarding the dline. Al Golden has said Miami only has 5 spots left in the 2015 class, so that means roughly only 1 spot left for a dlinemen whether he be a NT, DT, SDE, or WDE. So with that said what happens if Green picks USC, Scott visits Mississippi but decides it is a little to country for him and picks Miami. An then in a whopping surprise Norton picks Miami also because his desire to play defense overrides his need for big school fan base attention. Finally as icing on the cake Johnson chooses the home team also because he wants to stay close to family an help bring UM back to prominence.

So now UM has 3 plug an play recruits that with a redshirt year will provide quality dline depth for the 2016 season.

So the question is what does Golden do, because there is a real high possibility this scenario plays out? Does he cut earl moore and Hunter wells (weed head OL who hasn't panned out) to make room?

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back