Kendrick Norton

CanesNation55

Thunderdome
Jacksonville (FL) Trinity Christian DT Kendrick Norton says UM remains in the thick of his recruiting picture.

"I still have to set up my visit date to Miami," Norton said. "I've visited Florida, FSU and Auburn so far and Miami will definitely get one of my final two visits. I'm also visiting Notre Dame the middle of January."

Norton says he has no frontrunners among those five programs.

He says of UM that "I like the program, like their style of football. It would be a good fit for me there."

Coach Jethro Franklin is recruiting him to Miami.

"I like him," Norton said. "He's a good person, nice guy. Their coaches are really recruiting me hard, telling me a lot of things how I'd work in their defense, fit in their defense."

Norton says that "playing early is not a big factor for me. I want to go a place I fit in best, feel at home, where I can get some playing time down the road."

He adds "I see Miami as a winning program, but for me if it's a good program and losing program I wouldn't go there."

Norton plans to wait until signing day to announce his decision.

"I just have to weigh out all my options, weigh out the good and bad of all the programs," he said.

Norton will play in the Under Armour game but says there's "no chance" he'll make a decision while there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The Golden lovers will retort:

"He's afraid of competition. Don't want"!
They'll do that after he commits to fsu, who is 3 deep in 5 stars at his position.

HE decommitted from FSU already an they have moved on to better Dlinemen that fit FSU's scheme more so than Norton does.

Norton is hoping the new staff at UF wants him, because the old staff took a slow play approach with him because he didn't exactly fit defensively. But now with DC coming over from Miss St where they loved to take big bodied dline, Norton may now have a 2nd chance at getting a UF committable offer in which case he would take it in a heart beat. But the new DC at UF may also break with what he did at Miss St an instead play to UF's strengths which is pulling in athletic dlinemen, because they are much easier to land at UF then at Miss St. So this most likely why Norton is pushing his announcement back to Signing Day, in order to give UF's new staff time to sort out their defensive scheme and recruiting board.

Auburn with Muschamp going there means Norton is a no for them.

ND is filled at Dline for this class so he may not even get to take the visit.

So this in the end could be a Anthony Moten 2.0, where Kendrick Norton falls to UM on National Signing Day or earlier by default. But truth be told UM's 2 Gap scheme is ideal defense for Norton to play in, he is just stuck on UF / SEC because he is from Jacksonville an if he wants to play defense then UM is his only viable option.

Go Canes

The Golden lovers will retort:

"He's afraid of competition. Don't want"!
They'll do that after he commits to fsu, who is 3 deep in 5 stars at his position.

Considering we are the only school recruiting him at DT, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at FSU to play guard. They lose 4/5 of their OL this year. But they don't want him on defense, and watching his tape idk about him on that side anyway, he just looks slow and not much push, like most Miami DT lol

moten didnt fall to us by default.

Oh no, your crazy if think not. That young man had eyes on UF big time, but they gave him the hurry up and wait slow play so he went with the school that had open arms for him. I am thrilled Anthony Moten came to Miami, but don't be confused he was waiting to the 9th hour for that call that didn't come.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Moten was a UF commit who decommited and then chose Miami. I highly doubt he was waiting on a last second call from a school he was already committed to at one time.

Oh no, your crazy if think not. That young man had eyes on UF big time, but they gave him the hurry up and wait slow play so he went with the school that had open arms for him. I am thrilled Anthony Moten came to Miami, but don't be confused he was waiting to the 9th hour for that call that didn't come.

Go Canes
Wrong, Florida didn't consider him as a kid that "committed" to Florida because he never visited the school.... While on the other hand he visited miami countless number of times in that span...

Go Canes
Wrong, Florida didn't consider him as a kid that "committed" to Florida because he never visited the school.... While on the other hand he visited miami countless number of times in that span...

He verbally committed to Florida and then later decommitted. Just because you visit somewhere multiple times while you are committed somewhere else means nothing. Also, lots of players never visit Miami that are committed. Like Bar Milo, never came to Miami before but was committed for months until he came in for the FSU game

Don't see him excelling as a DT. But, would be a good offensive guard if he would make that decision.

Advertisement

Go Canes

He verbally committed to Florida and then later decommitted. Just because you visit somewhere multiple times while you are committed somewhere else means nothing. Also, lots of players never visit Miami that are committed. Like Bar Milo, never came to Miami before but was committed for months until he came in for the FSU game

Bar Milo officially committed on his visit here.

Go Canes

Bar Milo officially committed on his visit here.[/QUOTE

He was "committed" before but that sured it up because his mom approved after that. He committed 8/27/2014 a week before the first game

As much as I hate this defensive scheme, it is the best fit for Norton. He is the perfect NT for Coach D'Onofrio.

Maybe I'm a homer but I think we land him. He has visits scheduled to Miami, Ole Miss and VTech. Tito is pretty plugged in with legit sources in Florida, and he is hearing they will pass due to scheme-fit issues. Miami makes the most sense.

Advertisement
As much as I hate this defensive scheme, it is the best fit for Norton. He is the perfect NT for Coach D'Onofrio.

Maybe I'm a homer but I think we land him. He has visits scheduled to Miami, Ole Miss and VTech. Tito is pretty plugged in with legit sources in Florida, and he is hearing they will pass due to scheme-fit issues. Miami makes the most sense.

Isn't most of the other schools offering at his best position, ol?His defensive film was quite meh,but the ol tape was great

Isn't most of the other schools offering at his best position, ol?His defensive film was quite meh,but the ol tape was great

An Miami's dline are glorified blockers to keep the LB'ers clean.

Go Canes

An Miami's dline are glorified blockers to keep the LB'ers clean.

Go Canes

Ya the dude fits what our scheme calls for. A big body that can man 2 gaps not necessarily make plays which is why the big time DTs dont come here. We rely on DE and LB to make the plays. I've heard rumors that we were switching to a 4-3 which he doesn't fit so good into but I don't see us switching anytime soon

Advertisement
Back