Kendrick Norton go fund me

Actually it doesn't do any such thing, on the contrary it looks like we're not as dumb as some think and it's only prudent to ask the questions being asked as opposed to jumping on the bandwagon and throwing money at something you have no idea where it will go.
Despite all the negative stuff said about FRM on this site do you really believe they would start a go fund me for Kendrick and then pocket the money themselves?

Advertisement
Yes. At least some it it. Wouldn’t shock me at all.
I’m sorry but that’s a ridiculous thing to believe. Do you understand the ramifications of doing something like that would have on there business? What evidence do you have the would sugges they would steal money intended for an injured client?

I’m sorry but that’s a ridiculous thing to believe. Do you understand the ramifications of doing something like that would have on there business? What evidence do you have the would sugges they would steal money intended for an injured client?
I am good friends with Pete and know malki and abe personally they are not the monsters they are made out to be on this site. They are good guys and are trying to help out Kendrick they would never steal money intended to help him.

I dont think they are in it to steal money from Norton they are in it for the publicity to get more clients... Hey look what we did for our client! We started a gofund me and got him more money! His parents or family members couldve easliy started one but FRM decided to do it.. yea okay

Last edited:
Advertisement

What business?

Advertisement
I never said that nor implied it. All I said was questioning the who/what/where/how of a GoFundMe is not a bad thing all things considered.
I understand and despite the NFL stepping to help with initial costs this is going to be a life long sitouation for Kendrick to deal with so any money raised im sure will be appreciated and helpful.

I did some research on this and found the NFL will pay an active player who suffers a "total and permanent" injury $165,000 per year.

Here's the catch: the NFL and its insurance coverage, sadly, DOES NOT WANT TO PAY. Look up Charles Dimry and his lawsuit against the NFL (Dimry v. Bert Bell/Pete Rozelle NFL Player Ret. Plan, 16-CV-01413-JD, 2016 WL 7971198, at *1 (N.D. Cal. June 14, 2016)). The NFL alleged that Dimry's cervical injuries weren't "total" because he could work a desk job. Well, a lot of people with only one arm work desk jobs so it's very possible the NFL and its coverage will attempt to deny Norton on that same basis. The league giveth no fvcks.

Very common on disability policies . Especially in Florida because we lead the nation in insurance fraud . When buying a disability policy make sure it's an "own occ" policy( own occupation). Almost impossible for an individual to buy in Florida.

GoFundMe aside, why doesn't FRM just tell Kendrick that he has a job with them for as long as they're an agency?

The NFL has stepped up. The Dolphins will hopefully follow suit in some manner with his current contract.

His current representation should go public with a financial commitment of their own. That p-r might have lessened the immediate response by ProFootballTalk and a bunch of others that are seemingly trying to negate the GoFundMe be being like "Whoa. The NFL is picking up all these costs."

Advertisement
Very common on disability policies . Especially in Florida because we lead the nation in insurance fraud . When buying a disability policy make sure it's an "own occ" policy( own occupation). Almost impossible for an individual to buy in Florida.
Since Norton is a member of a union, I'm not sure he had a say in the insurance coverage provided by the NFL and I wouldn't fault any player for failing to consider a catastrophic accident such as this and purchasing some supplemental policy on the side.

@Tad Footeball the NFL has done a partial step up here. Yes, they've stated they'd cover his medical bills, but there has been no mention of the NFL granting Norton "Total & Permanent" disability status. The former is a drop in the bucket compared to the $165k per year (apparently for life) that the NFL would otherwise pay him. Why not just state he's covered?

I understand and despite the NFL stepping to help with initial costs this is going to be a life long sitouation for Kendrick to deal with so any money raised im sure will be appreciated and helpful.

Here is what’s making my spidey sense tingle. The gofundme page was initially set up by FRM to specifically cover all surgeries, rehab, the prosthetic, etc and the ask was $395,000.

The NFL stepped up to cover all medical costs /rehab /prosthetic, etc for nearly $400,000, which mitigated the initial “ask”. After confirming the NFL would cover all costs, FRM reversed course updated the gofundme page in an effort to give $150,000 cash to Norton, because his football career is over??

I know I might seem like an @ss for saying this, but something just don’t feel right about this. I’m not trying to being callous, I’m just looking at this in a level - headed way.

Assisting with medical bills assuming he were uninsured and had no way to pay for those bills ate one thing, but moving the goal posts and asking everyone to give him straight cash after we’ve confirmed all medical costs would be covered is quite another. He lost an arm, and it’s terrible, but that won’t keep him from being gainfully employee in the future. And I grew up my entire childhood and most of my adult life with a disabled parent, so I have a soft spot for anyone disabled, and I have some perspective on this.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Since Norton is a member of a union, I'm not sure he had a say in the insurance coverage provided by the NFL and I wouldn't fault any player for failing to consider a catastrophic accident such as this and purchasing some supplemental policy on the side.

@Tad Footeball the NFL has done a partial step up here. Yes, they've stated they'd cover his medical bills, but there has been no mention of the NFL granting Norton "Total & Permanent" disability status. The former is a drop in the bucket compared to the $165k per year (apparently for life) that the NFL would otherwise pay him. Why not just state he's covered?

To be brutally honest and without knowing the specifics of NFL contracts or financial policies, I'd be willing to bet they aren't going full-on with the financial support until they know the specifics of the cause of the accident. It's a win-win p-r move to cover the medical costs right now but I'm not sure how they proceed if any inebriation is involved. High speed or reckless driving alone and then I think they absolutely step up financially. Anything else is a wild card since Kendrick is the only victim in the situation.

This is all just speculation though as to how a very p-r conscious (and often cheap when they can get away with it) entity in the NFL might proceed. I'm just pulling for the kid to have all the medical success in the world right now with the future surgeries and prosthetic fitting.

Here is what’s making my spidey sense tingle. The gofundme page was initially set up by FRM to specifically cover all surgeries, rehab, the prosthetic, etc and the ask was $395,000.

The NFL stepped up to cover all medical costs /rehab /prosthetic, etc for nearly $400,000, which mitigated the initial “ask”. After confirming the NFL would cover all costs, FRM reversed course updated the gofundme page in an effort to give $150,000 cash to Norton, because his football career is over??

I know I might seem like an @ss for saying this, but something just don’t feel right about this. I’m not trying to being callous, I’m just looking at this in a level - headed way.

Assisting with medical bills assuming he were uninsured and had no way to pay for those bills ate one thing, but moving the goal posts and asking everyone to give him straight cash after we’ve confirmed all medical costs would be covered is quite another. He lost an arm, and it’s terrible, but that won’t keep him from being gainfully employee in the future. And I grew up my entire childhood and most of my adult life with a disabled parent, so I have a soft spot for anyone disabled, and I have some perspective on this.
I understand your concern the bottom line is any money raised is gonna help Kendrick out. I doubt the NFL is gonna support him for life and it’s gonna be a tough transition for him. Either donate or don’t just don’t turn this into a debate about the merits of FRM trying to set up a fund to assist Kendrick because it’s beside the point

Feel terribly for Kendrick, but if the NFL and Dolphins don’t take care of him for life, then they need to exposed for the total human garbage they are. It’s a zillion dollar entity that still treats the players like trash and still doesn’t even guarantee contracts. What a scummy operation that is.

Advertisement
Back