Kendrick Norton and Corn Elder

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
i have to give Golden credit on this. When many of us saw most schools wanted Norton as an OG and Elder as an RB and golden insisted they were better on defense, i figured they wouldnt do much. i guess he was right because elder looks very good and norton seems like a beast in the making.

Advertisement
i have to give Golden credit on this. When many of us saw most schools wanted Norton as an OG and Elder as an RB and golden insisted they were better on defense, i figured they wouldnt do much. i guess he was right because elder looks very good and norton seems like a beast in the making.

Even a broken clock...................

elder's issue wasn't whether he was a rb or db. it was which school was going to allow him to play both basketball and football. we finally wised up and told him we would when we probably never had any intentions to let him play anything other than football.

Elder could've probably stilled play RB at a school like oregon or wvu. But his $$ position is CB and special teams.

Golden and staff are pretty good at everything outside the game. The game is their problem, not recruiting and developing players. Most coaches would have enough self awareness to understand this and would have improved. He doesn't seem to.

Advertisement

elder's issue wasn't whether he was a rb or db. it was which school was going to allow him to play both basketball and football. we finally wised up and told him we would when we probably never had any intentions to let him play anything other than football.
Exactly. If anything, credit Coach L for making the basketball program relevant again. Otherwise he may have never even considered Miami.

Golden and staff are pretty good at everything outside the game. The game is their problem, not recruiting and developing players. Most coaches would have enough self awareness to understand this and would have improved. He doesn't seem to.

Solid point. We can blame the refs, but the fact of the matter is we were outscored in second half again Saturday. If Golden ever figures out how to win after halftime he might amount to something. Unfortunately that has not happened yet.

Elder's issue wasn't whether he was a rb or db. it was which school was going to allow him to play both basketball and football. we finally wised up and told him we would when we probably never had any intentions to let him play anything other than football.

You're lying and making crap up. UM Basketball is relevant where Track used to be in terms of attracting dual sports athletes. Elder was all set and actually playing meaningful time balling with the UM team, and scouting for them what a dynamic super quick guard could do to them. Dude was appreciated by his BB teammates. Coach L who had a festering situation with his players clamoring for every minute of playtime in games, tried to mollify them with his pronouncement that Elder was just a scout out there to help players in practice, and to provide depth....in practice.

Once he reduced Elder meaningful participation to scout status so publicly (it was indeed correct...I mean what else could someone be coming fresh off the streets to join your organization for the 1st time where all others had already put long long time in) and notoriously, the public reduction got to Elder's ego and ballin' sense of competitiveness, so he rolled out to Football only... instead of continuing to grind with the BB team. In hindsight, had he stuck with that BB team, he'd easily be in for non-scouts meaningful mins in real time during ACC games, considering of BB transfer who went elsewhere for the very playing minutes they were clamoring for. That is the truth, not this lie you're imposing upon the original RB coach who recruited Elder.

Advertisement
Elder's issue wasn't whether he was a rb or db. it was which school was going to allow him to play both basketball and football. we finally wised up and told him we would when we probably never had any intentions to let him play anything other than football.

You're lying and making crap up. UM Basketball is relevant where Track used to be in terms of attracting dual sports athletes. Elder was all set and actually playing meaningful time balling with the UM team, and scouting for them what a dynamic super quick guard could do to them. Dude was appreciated by his BB teammates. Coach L who had a festering situation with his players clamoring for every minute of playtime in games, tried to mollify them with his pronouncement that Elder was just a scout out there to help players in practice, and to provide depth....in practice.

Once he reduced Elder meaningful participation to scout status so publicly (it was indeed correct...I mean what else could someone be coming fresh off the streets to join your organization for the 1st time where all others had already put long long time in) and notoriously, the public reduction got to Elder's ego and ballin' sense of competitiveness, so he rolled out to Football only... instead of continuing to grind with the BB team. In hindsight, had he stuck with that BB team, he'd easily be in for non-scouts meaningful mins in real time during ACC games, considering of BB transfer who went elsewhere for the very playing minutes they were clamoring for. That is the truth, not this lie you're imposing upon the original RB coach who recruited Elder.

acting like a little baby with his feelings hurt. I didn't say elder didn't want to play both. i said golden wasn't really down for him playing both. and when did elder find time to play scout for the bball team? must of been sometime in the off season bc as i remember he originally coulnd't participate in bball bc of an injury accrued during his frosh football season.

Elder is the kind of player that will succeed no matter where you put him (within reason). He's just that freaky. Aside from Duke, he's probably the most exciting player I think we've had since Hester.

Elder is the kind of player that will succeed no matter where you put him (within reason). He's just that freaky. Aside from Duke, he's probably the most exciting player I think we've had since Hester.

Walton is showing flashes. His ability to to cut without losing speed is pretty rare. I think he has a chance to be even more exciting than the 2 guys you mentioned.

Hopefully the next coaching staff has a clue of how to use him correctly.

Advertisement

recruiting is a huge problemtf u talkin bout lol as well as gameday

now guys are revising history. everyone thought he was coming to replace the lose of alex collins. i remember when golden talked about him beign a natural CB. his hips, etc. everyone freaked out.

now guys are revising history. everyone thought he was coming to replace the lose of alex collins. i remember when golden talked about him beign a natural CB. his hips, etc. everyone freaked out.

130 lb elder was coming to replace alex collins?

Advertisement

Wait, give him a chance. Corn was hurt and has not had the benefit of have Al and Mark regressing him. All that aggressive defense will lead to freelancing -- Al will crush that. An then Norton has to spend his time on "get fat" program Al is so very very fond of. We have watch Al ruin promising players before. He does not know what to do with talent and he does not value it. Other than that, I agree these two where great gets. Unfortunately, that is Al's Peter principle zenith.

You remember everyone freaking out over Corn being a CB? I don't.

While we're handing out plaudits to Folden for being so smart in recognizing Corn's skill set, why didn't he have him returning kicks and punts last year when it was crystal clear he's head and shoulders better than anyone else we have as a return man?

I don't recall anyone here ever saying those things. Does anything you say have a basis in reality, or are they how you remember them?

Advertisement
Back