Kendrick Bingley

Advertisement
What's the feeling, would he be committing to compete or he using us, because that's what's it come to

Can help but get that feeling every time I ear that phrase from a recruiter. If you didn't commit on the spot then we're not your dream school.

What's the feeling, would he be committing to compete or he using us, because that's what's it come to

He already has supposed offers from everyone, so how would he be using us?

Serious question though for anyone. What makes any current day recruit label us their dream school? Besides our nice run a couple of years ago culminating in our destruction of those Leprechaun's, we haven't been all that relevant in any of their cognizant lifetimes. Perhaps a family member showing them what we used to be about is all I can think of. Serious question, what say you all?

Advertisement

Serious question though for anyone. What makes any current day recruit label us their dream school? Besides our nice run a couple of years ago culminating in our destruction of those Leprechaun's, we haven't been all that relevant in any of their cognizant lifetimes. Perhaps a family member showing them what we used to be about is all I can think of. Serious question, what say you all?
Why are lesser schools dream schools for players, you can't help what you like

So in this theory are only Clemson and Bama schools that could be dream schools? Maybe OSU too?

You do realize kids have dream schools like Michigan, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, PSU, Georgia, Tenn etc. that have all won a combined 0 national championships since we won one, right?

The real “Dream School” scenario usually comes from how you were raised, where you were raised, and who you like when you’re a child. Not every child is a front running ****** that automatically likes Bama or Clemson. Family member affiliation, location, style of play, in Miami’s case the flashiness (ie. Turnover chain), history, NFL players success etc. would be a few reasons off the top of my head.

So in this theory are only Clemson and Bama schools that could be dream schools? Maybe OSU too?

You do realize kids have dream schools like Michigan, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, PSU, Georgia, Tenn etc. that have all won a combined 0 national championships since we won one, right?

The real “Dream School” scenario usually comes from how you were raised, where you were raised, and who you like when you’re a child. Not every child is a front running ****** that automatically likes Bama or Clemson. Family member affiliation, location, style of play, in Miami’s case the flashiness (ie. Turnover chain), history, NFL players success etc. would be a few reasons off the top of my head.
Can I get an Upvote here?

Well you don't say.

When was the last time we were good though? Every school you listed has done better than us during his lifetime minus Tennessee.

I just find it extremely odd that some out of state recruit says we're his dream school when he's likely never been here or attended a game.

Yes, there are plenty of plausible reasons I suppose. I just wouldn't mind knowing how we became his stated dream school versus others who can match us in all you listed, but have been better on the field.

Advertisement
Well you don't say.

When was the last time we were good though? Every school you listed has done better than us during his lifetime minus Tennessee.

I just find it extremely odd that some out of state recruit says we're his dream school when he's likely never been here or attended a game.

Yes, there are plenty of plausible reasons I suppose. I just wouldn't mind knowing how we became his stated dream school versus others who can match us in all you listed, but have been better on the field.

Not every kid grows up with a dream school based on just W/L record. Do you think anyone grows up dreaming of living in Norman, Ok or Happy Valley, PA? People 100% grow up dreaming of living in Miami because of weather, lifestyle, opportunity, culture, etc.

For example outside of recent success what can UGA, Oklahoma, and PSU match Miami in? Pretty sure Miami has better academics. Clearly have better weather and a better city/lifestyle. More to do in Miami than any of those places.

These schools all have more recent success and have packed stadiums every week. If that’s all you care about then yes Miami is not the place for you and certainly wouldn’t be your dream school. But if you care about academics, life after football, tradition/history, style of play (specifically defense), weather, smaller classes, smoking hot spanish chicks, and having fun then yeah Miami could be a good time.

Not every kid grows up with a dream school based on just W/L record. Do you think anyone grows up dreaming of living in Norman, Ok or Happy Valley, PA? People 100% grow up dreaming of living in Miami because of weather, lifestyle, opportunity, culture, etc.

For example outside of recent success what can UGA, Oklahoma, and PSU match Miami in? Pretty sure Miami has better academics. Clearly have better weather and a better city/lifestyle. More to do in Miami than any of those places.

These schools all have more recent success and have packed stadiums every week. If that’s all you care about then yes Miami is not the place for you and certainly wouldn’t be your dream school. But if you care about academics, life after football, tradition/history, style of play (specifically defense), weather, smaller classes, smoking hot spanish chicks, and having fun then yeah Miami could be a good time.

You're being very one sided with all of that.

Yes, I do believe people grow up wanting to go to those big schools. Even ones in Norman, Happy Valley, etc. Say what you want about most college towns that are centered around the schools, but they're a paradise for most college aged students. There's hot chicks at all those schools and they're on campus as students rather than just part of the city life.

As for history, many of those schools you've mentioned have a looooong and rich history that predates ours as well as recently. Same for NFL, style of play, etc. Life after football, those big schools have better connections and alumni networks as well.

Better academics, yes, better than most of those schools. Academic rankings are silly though since very few major prospects have that at the top of their list. We would be in the top tier though of those you listed, but a couple trump us there. He's got plenty of better academic prospects in state if that's a big factor.

City lifestyle, yes, bigger for sure. Affordable, not really. You also are a small fish in a big pond no matter how good you are. If you want a city, it favors us over most.

Weather, those others have change of seasons. So if you want warm year round, then come here. Floridians tend to make a bigger deal of this than anyone who has a change of seasons. You just get used to the winter.

Ultimately there is a lot of factors for one to decide. It's far from normal for someone out of state saying we're their dream school, so I would like to know why anyone says that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back