Kenderick norton update

Norton is an OG...

If he doesn't quite pan out as a DT he can make the switch as far as I'm concerned. At least it's a body to put there until a coach shows up that can pull an few solid DT and an occasional elite guy. He could RS next year too which would help him a ton in development as he wouldn't be forced to play before he adjusts to the college game. Could turn into a great DT down the road

Advertisement
So Norton will be useless then on the DL when the new staff comes in?

Cause I'm pretty sure we will go another 30 years before 3-4 two gapping again after seeing first hand how awful a fit it is for our local players

With the right coaching staff they could take Miami's current roster an run a sick 3-4 scheme that is very aggressive. UM has a nice mix of big body types and speedy types but it is how you use them an also how complicated you make the scheme for them. I have said it a 1000 times look at what Dave Aranda has done with a bunch of farm boys from Wisconsin over the last 2 years, it is frighting how much pressure they bring on every play. I heard some announcer say their during game vs Nebraska that everyone in Wisconsin's front seven had multiple sacks this year by that point in the season.

So it can be done, and on a Miami budget since Aranda only makes $480K which is less than what Donofrio makes based on speculation.

But adding Kendrick Norton will make a significant impact in Miami's dline. He can be Miami's version of Louis Nix 2.0 ( and that kid was a beast at NT)

Go Canes

Last edited:
So Norton will be useless then on the DL when the new staff comes in?

Cause I'm pretty sure we will go another 30 years before 3-4 two gapping again after seeing first hand how awful a fit it is for our local players

With the right coaching staff they could take Miami's current roster an run a sick 3-4 scheme that is very aggressive. UM has a nice mix of big body types and speedy types but it is how you use them an also how complicated you make the scheme for them. I have said it a 1000 times look at what Dave Aranda has done with a bunch of farm boys from Wisconsin over the last 2 years, it is frighting how much pressure they bring on every play. I heard some announcer say their during game vs Nebraska that everyone in Wisconsin's front seven had multiple sacks this year by that point in the season.

So it can be done, and on a Miami budget since Aranda only makes $480K which is less than what Donofrio makes based on speculation.

But adding Kendrick Norton will make a significant impact in Miami's dline. He can be Miami's version of Louis Nix 2.0 ( and that kid was a beast at NT)

Go Canes

Yep Dorito makes 500k so he actually makes a little more than Aranda.....insane.

Advertisement
Back