Kendall Jackson 2024 3* DL Came To His Senses and Commits to the Canes

Advertisement
They're good but I wasn't super impressed with them watching them struggle with UVA at home last week. They got blown out by Pitt and sounding beat a Duke squad without their QB. Notre Dame is their best win by far.

UL isn't as good as their record and ranking suggests. But they are better than Ga Tech and NC State. We beat them if we score 35+, 50/50 if the score is 25-34, lose if we score less than 25. This is entirely on our offense. Get ready for that nightmare than keeps repeating itself called Bro Ball.
Chalk it up to a loss then. We have struggled to score more than 20 points in regulation outside of the UNC game.

Check the combined record of teams they have beat and compare that to others in the top 10.
I admittedly haven't watched them play this year. It just feels like this place constantly says "so and so isn't really that good" or "we should beat them" then we proceed to lose to that exact same team. So you're saying that haven't played anyone in comparison to the Top 10 but my question was not that. They have beaten everyone they've faced minus Pitt.

Chalk it up to a loss then. We have struggled to score more than 20 points in regulation outside of the UNC game.

I'm both optimistic and realistic. The optimist in me says that by now Dawson will have designed more spread / open field concepts and reduced TVD's decision authority to reduce the chances of interceptions. I also am still dreaming of the day when Harrell and Ray Ray finally are on the field at the same time to stretch the field vertically. Less Restrepo please. ... The realist in me says that Mario will run (1st down), run (2nd down), pass (3rd down) our way into impossible situations for TVD given how limited he is.

Back to the point of the thread, I do feel that Guidry will show a good product. I know they're only 18 year olds (give or take). But I would hope any DL can see themselves in his defense and the W/L this Saturday doesn't affect their ultimate decision.

Advertisement
I admittedly haven't watched them play this year. It just feels like this place constantly says "so and so isn't really that good" or "we should beat them" then we proceed to lose to that exact same team. So you're saying that haven't played anyone in comparison to the Top 10 but my question was not that. They have beaten everyone they've faced minus Pitt.

I concede it's subjective. I've seen them play and don't believe they're as good as their record suggests. I think they're slightly better than NC State, can make more chunk plays on offense.

The kicker is Miami isn't good. You don't have to be a good team. I dont even know why it's mentioned as if we aren't in dogfights every week with bottom feeders. If UL was 1-9 what would it matter?

I think you have to take everything into account. UL isn't great as far as the good to great teams go. They have had the benefit of some bad teams and lucky breaks. They get another one on Saturday in us. Yes, you have to win your games, but when you tune in to watch them you're like "How is this team 8-1?" then you pull up the schedule and go Oh Ok. Ultimately why Vegas has this as a 1 point spread or pick em depending on what book you look at.

I'm both optimistic and realistic. The optimist in me says that by now Dawson will have designed more spread / open field concepts and reduced TVD's decision authority to reduce the chances of interceptions. I also am still dreaming of the day when Harrell and Ray Ray finally are on the field at the same time to stretch the field vertically. Less Restrepo please. ... The realist in me says that Mario will run (1st down), run (2nd down), pass (3rd down) our way into impossible situations for TVD given how limited he is.

Back to the point of the thread, I do feel that Guidry will show a good product. I know they're only 18 year olds (give or take). But I would hope any DL can see themselves in his defense and the W/L this Saturday doesn't affect their ultimate decision.
I also am a realist and I try to be optimistic as well. I agree we will see the exact same putrid offense.

Regarding the bolded, I can almost guarantee there will be no difference in play-calling to make the game easier for TVD or the offense in general. You're hoping Dawson will finally design something different in the 11th game of the season? I doubt it. If he does something different it will be maybe 1-3 plays that he does not go back to or they don't work in the first place.

I think our only hope for this game is Van Interception does not live up to his namesake but... well... we'll see.

Advertisement
Their record suggest a team that could potentially be a playoff team and they just arent that. We can beat them, but it wont be easy. As opposed to we would lose 9/10 to some of the other 1 loss teams.

The kicker is Miami isn't good. You don't have to be a good team. I dont even know why it's mentioned as if we aren't in dogfights every week with bottom feeders. If UL was 1-9 what would it matter?
So what does that say about FSU who needed the refs plus our QB breaking his arm to squeak out a win at home?

Advertisement
Would love to steal this kid and LJ from the gates

TVD please just lock yourself in a room with film and take turns looking at that and watching your performance against TAMU

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back