Kendal Briles education

Advertisement
Came in here to touch on that. The fact that his name is getting the most “smoke” now, probably means it won’t be him unfortunately lol. Again, I hope I’m wrong. I think it would be a grade A hire.
I think your logic worked given the timing when applied to Brady, which is a shame. I would have killed someone to see Brady at UM. I mean, I wouldn't have killed just anyone, like not my mom or a friend, but certainly I would kill a Gator fan to get Brady. They still count, right?

Sorry, point is, we could be less than a week away from announcing an OC hire. It's not going to happen before signing day, but could come as soon as this coming weekend. Given that timetable (along with the official visits this past weekend), it seems like the right time for the name of the actual hire to be getting out there. Word is, the recruits on campus were hinted who was in the mix during their visit.

I think it's going to be Briles and I'm not sure there could possibly be a better fit. Don't forget, Briles almost landed Garcia for Arkansas. What better way to keep Jake out of the portal until TVD goes meteoric next fall and announces for the draft a year from now?

I think your logic worked given the timing when applied to Brady, which is a shame. I would have killed someone to see Brady at UM. I mean, I wouldn't have killed just anyone, like not my mom or a friend, but certainly I would kill a Gator fan to get Brady. They still count, right?

Sorry, point is, we could be less than a week away from announcing an OC hire. It's not going to happen before signing day, but could come as soon as this coming weekend. Given that timetable (along with the official visits this past weekend), it seems like the right time for the name of the actual hire to be getting out there. Word is, the recruits on campus were hinted who was in the mix during their visit.

I think it's going to be Briles and I'm not sure there could possibly be a better fit. Don't forget, Briles almost landed Garcia for Arkansas. What better way to keep Jake out of the portal until TVD goes meteoric next fall and announces for the draft a year from now?

Hope you are right.

A decade or more sample size and no national title or CPF appearances from anyone who has ran this offense including his daddy? Can he win the ACC with this offense? Yes. Lashlee **** near won it for Manny if Manny had any defense whatsoever so I wont say Kendal Briles cant. But what happens when we start playing the big dogs? Can this offense win the natty? Which is the table we are sitting at when you are talking about the amount of money being invested into the program right now PLUS a HC making 8M per year.

I said hes the "Mike D'Antoni" of college football. Regular season will be fun. Postseason probably wont be.
If he gets us to the postseason the first two years, he'll be a HC at a mid-major and we'll be hiring again. The HC is a long term commitment and needs to be gotten right. We did that. Not sure why people feel it's critical that coordinators be 5 year hires.

A decade or more sample size and no national title or CPF appearances from anyone who has ran this offense including his daddy? Can he win the ACC with this offense? Yes. Lashlee **** near won it for Manny if Manny had any defense whatsoever so I wont say Kendal Briles cant. But what happens when we start playing the big dogs? Can this offense win the natty? Which is the table we are sitting at when you are talking about the amount of money being invested into the program right now PLUS a HC making 8M per year.

I said hes the "Mike D'Antoni" of college football. Regular season will be fun. Postseason probably wont be.
He did put up 468yds and 35 points against Alabama this year

Advertisement
I work w some Fspoo homers, one friends w boosters etc. TIFWIW but last year we were talking about Briles, and he told me That Briles wasn’t given free rein to do what he wanted. Not sure if true but that’s what he told me.

Common knowledge. Ask Walt Bell about it, who was the OC there in Willie's first year.
I won't hold his FSU tenure against him because God knows what Willie Taggert kept that man from doing. But hes got major holes in his resume that concern me. One of them being why he is not a hot name on the OC market? Why are we the only big name school showing interest here?

BUT, I wont waver from what I said that he can absolutely win us the ACC title with this scheme and our talent on offense.. Esp the ACC Coastal. Anything beyond that and it could get interesting. And you cant put a price on it possibly getting Garcia to end any potential thoughts of transferring as well. Having him follow after TVD in that QB room is priceless seeing that JBrown looks to need at least 2 years of legit development.

Advertisement
I won't hold his FSU tenure against him because God knows what Willie Taggert kept that man from doing. But hes got major holes in his resume that concern me. One of them being why he is not a hot name on the OC market? Why are we the only big name school showing interest here?

BUT, I wont waver from what I said that he can absolutely win us the ACC title with this scheme and our talent on offense.. Esp the ACC Coastal. Anything beyond that and it could get interesting. And you cant put a price on it possibly getting Garcia to end any potential thoughts of transferring as well. Having him follow after TVD in that QB room is priceless seeing that JBrown looks to need at least 2 years of legit development.
I don't even think it's something to hold against him. Relatively speaking for them 2019 was an oasis in a sh*t sandwich. The rest of his body of work is very good. He'd be a very good hire and I don't really care that about 40% of the board would hate it. I'd obviously prefer Brady but he's staying in the NFL.

I think, early on, the Baylor stuff was too fresh. So he had to "pay his dues" for a couple years, hence the FAU, then Houston. But, after basically starting over in 2017, he's steadily risen. G5 at FAU, a better G5 job at Houston, OC at FSU for a year, now he's been an SEC OC for 2 years. Next step is a bigger school in a P5 league....I think Miami qualifies.

I think, early on, the Baylor stuff was too fresh. So he had to "pay his dues" for a couple years, hence the FAU, then Houston. But, after basically starting over in 2017, he's steadily risen. G5 at FAU, a better G5 job at Houston, OC at FSU for a year, now he's been an SEC OC for 2 years. Next step is a bigger school in a P5 league....I think Miami qualifies.

I have no doubt in my mind that if Briles came to UM, he would tailor his offense to #9.

That's what good coaches do.

I want a guy who will be TVD-friendly , bottom line

Advertisement
Advertisement
so you didn't enjoy Lashlee's offense? because they're very similar. power run with a vertical passing game. a different direction would be Brady and his horizontal passing game.
The last thing I'd call Lashlee 's offense is, power run. There was nothing powerful about our running game under Lash. Absolutely nothing.

Advertisement
Back