Kelvin Harris says “a couple” of coaches have turned down OC position

Next OC needs to be HCIW... a new OC is not going to coverup his flaws. Unless he give the OC complete control he will be out by mid season

Advertisement
I would say it's a highly TOXIC football program at the moment. But then again, I could be wrong and what not. And Miami will be very FORTUNATE if Diaz makes the right OC hire, but Miami fan knows how he F'ed up the last OC hire.

The bottom line is Miami has too much going against it and it will take a 21st Century miracle just to be a legitimate Top 20 program now. Let alone a Top 5 program, again. So I suggest Miami fan gets out those prayer beads and all that.

Miami never had a problem getting coaches, cause we got alot of our coaches from in house, and when im saying in house, im talking about the whole of Miami. Rotating in and out were alot of prominent Highschool coaches as well, but they cut off doing that as well and keep giving these out of towners more opportunities than our own homegrown coaches and most of the out of towners have consistently failed. Those use to be the guys that would come in, as well as coaches on the dolphins staff, so the disconnect to the UM program is in full force.

Again, coach diaz has no pull, his only saving grace is going to be to sit down with luke, and help him figure out what he needs to do, otherwise, he's toast. Looking for all these outside coaches to come here with the state this program is in, those coaches dont care enuff and are not passionate about being here, which why i keep saying the main culture that needs to be changed is with the coaching staff, you cant get the UM culture with all these outsiders, might as well close ranks, and start looking around in house. If flake james was smart, he'd contact rob chudzinski, make oc/co-headcoach and than go to coach diaz, offer him the d-co job again, until he gets offered a headcoaching job at a smaller school before coach diaz gets in to deep, than let chudzinski put the offensive staff together. That maybe the only way to stop this leak.

To keep perspective, UT fired their OC several weeks ago and still does not have a new coordinator. This is with a school that has Alabama-level resources and a coach on firmer ground than Manny.
This is something that I was just wondering about. You also have to think that some of these bowls needed to wrap before meaningful conversations can happen.

Advertisement

I think he said a couple, but of course multiple sounds more dramatic and dire. It's still a solid opportunity for a coach that wants to move up in the ranks and make a name. As bad as **** is, it's only gonna take a strong season or two for people to say "uh oh" they back.

Kelvin Harris has also said the following:

-Butch Barry is a “helluva coach”
-Enos was a “home run hire”
-Our OL play was “solid” and the 5 starters are “very, very good”
-Spread is just “being in shotgun”

That guy is absolutely ******* brutal

In some countries this would be enough to have you locked up in a mental asylum.

Advertisement
well, hold on, is there any evidence that ANYBODY has been offered the job?

I mean, I can tweet that Gary Stevens is thinking about coming out of retirement to become Miami's OC again(BTW, I just might endorse this)
He was ahead of his time

There are 2 sides to the coin.

an OC could look at this opportunity to turn around an offense that was abysmal and . he has support of a good defense behind him as well
Or, he could look at this as a train wreck. Why would any good OC wanna come work for a guy who is on suicide watch and fixin to be fired, there's no future here until we hire a legit coach. We turned down BD 3 x that pretty much is a warning sign through cfb coaching circles, they know the admin is not into it at all.

Manny just needs to do a thorough search and find a future super star OC. There are more than a few future super star OCs out there that are currently OCs at smaller schools or playing a smaller role at big schools (the OC at Ok. St) that are talented and hungry. Hi find them.

Advertisement
Miami never had a problem getting coaches, cause we got alot of our coaches from in house, and when im saying in house, im talking about the whole of Miami. Rotating in and out were alot of prominent Highschool coaches as well, but they cut off doing that as well and keep giving these out of towners more opportunities than our own homegrown coaches and most of the out of towners have consistently failed. Those use to be the guys that would come in, as well as coaches on the dolphins staff, so the disconnect to the UM program is in full force.

Again, coach diaz has no pull, his only saving grace is going to be to sit down with luke, and help him figure out what he needs to do, otherwise, he's toast. Looking for all these outside coaches to come here with the state this program is in, those coaches dont care enuff and are not passionate about being here, which why i keep saying the main culture that needs to be changed is with the coaching staff, you cant get the UM culture with all these outsiders, might as well close ranks, and start looking around in house. If flake james was smart, he'd contact rob chudzinski, make oc/co-headcoach and than go to coach diaz, offer him the d-co job again, until he gets offered a headcoaching job at a smaller school before coach diaz gets in to deep, than let chudzinski put the offensive staff together. That maybe the only way to stop this leak.
Sit down with Luke????? Whatcha talkin bout willis?

I also think it hurts the job prestige, where if you don’t perform year 1, you’re out. That instability will turn off coaching prospects.

If you perform like Enos, surely. But he set the bar pretty low.

Advertisement
I’m betting manny is thinking “this is what I get for not hiring one of my boys”. So what loser crap OC from mannys prior gigs are out there for him to bring in?

Advertisement
Back