Kelly Bryant Passing Breakdown By Distance

Yes more often that not mobile QBs have hurt us when we blitz, it always seems our spy is a step too slow

C'mon man, take that racist crap elsewhere

[MENTION=277]Duval904[/MENTION], look at this dude....smh

Advertisement
Probably 90% of their routes and throws are right at the sticks. Usually curls with the odd slant route and on 3rd down Renfrow runs the slot option or pivot/whip route.

Bryant is deadly accurate within 10 yards but throws an awful deep ball.

I wish Rosier was that accurate on passes under 10 yards.

For the doom and gloomers out there. Throw out Pitt and UVA. If you didn't notice the other games, we have done a helluva job making QBs look silly. We have played to our competition all year basically. I would think that will happen Saturday. Will is result in a W? We will see.

Advertisement
The similarities between Rosier and Bryant are unmistakable, with the lone exception being the last game they each played. Prior to that Malik had the better year, save for maybe comp percentage.

This is great and all, but we just finished games where we made UVA’s QB and Pitt’s Freshman QB look like Rodgers and Auburn Cam Newton

exactly. these dudes don't learn. they love their advanced metrics. they should know all that goes out the window when your QB faces us

smh

Logan Whiteside had his 2nd worst game of the year against us
Daniel Jones had his 3rd worst game of the year against us
TaQuon Marshall had his worst game of the year against us
Eric Dungey had his worst game of the year against us
Nathan Elliott had his worst game of the year against us
Josh Jackson had his worst game of the year against us
Brandon Wimbush had his worst game of the year against us

Easy to cherry pick against metrics when you disregard the entire rest of the season.

cant seem to find the UVA and freshman Pitt QB

"rest of the season" would seem to indicate I was talking about the games other than those originally cited.

Taking two games out of 11 to try and make a point would be cherry picking, which was the point I was making.

Especially when Pickett was only in his second game.

He also was better against VT than he was against Miami.

Pointing out the 2 most recent times our Defense has taken the field isn’t exactly cherry picking.

exactly. these dudes don't learn. they love their advanced metrics. they should know all that goes out the window when your QB faces us

smh

Logan Whiteside had his 2nd worst game of the year against us
Daniel Jones had his 3rd worst game of the year against us
TaQuon Marshall had his worst game of the year against us
Eric Dungey had his worst game of the year against us
Nathan Elliott had his worst game of the year against us
Josh Jackson had his worst game of the year against us
Brandon Wimbush had his worst game of the year against us

Easy to cherry pick against metrics when you disregard the entire rest of the season.

cant seem to find the UVA and freshman Pitt QB

"rest of the season" would seem to indicate I was talking about the games other than those originally cited.

Taking two games out of 11 to try and make a point would be cherry picking, which was the point I was making.

Especially when Pickett was only in his second game.

He also was better against VT than he was against Miami.

Pointing out the 2 most recent times our Defense has taken the field isn’t exactly cherry picking.

Picking 18% of the season to say that metrics go out the window when QBs face my Miami is cherry picking, especially when you leave out that 9 other QBs got their asses handed to them by our defense.

Probably 90% of their routes and throws are right at the sticks. Usually curls with the odd slant route and on 3rd down Renfrow runs the slot option or pivot/whip route.

Something we've run far less than I hoped we would with Berrios. The key instance in the FSU last drive comes to mind. Otherwise, wish it'd be more often.

Advertisement

Something we've run far less than I hoped we would with Berrios. The key instance in the FSU last drive comes to mind. Otherwise, wish it'd be more often.

Lou, when are you posting your X's and O's write up? I am dying to read real analysis.

I think this game will come down to what QB plays the best (or whose team's DBs plays the worst). I believe both teams will stop the run.

Lou, when are you posting your X's and O's write up? I am dying to read real analysis.

I think this game will come down to what QB plays the best (or whose team's DBs plays the worst). I believe both teams will stop the run.
Don't think I'll do one. I'll watch another 2 games and then hopefully we'll have some good discussions in [MENTION=7100]HighSeas[/MENTION]' thread. He was supposed to post a day or so ago, but something happened to his browser. I've mostly watched Clemson's D, FWIW. What I'm interested in seeing is how we respond to Clemson's zones/blitzes.

Don't think I'll do one. I'll watch another 2 games and then hopefully we'll have some good discussions in [MENTION=7100]HighSeas[/MENTION]' thread. He was supposed to post a day or so ago, but something happened to his browser. I've mostly watched Clemson's D, FWIW. What I'm interested in seeing is how we respond to Clemson's zones/blitzes.

How do you think they should respond?

Advertisement

Don't think I'll do one. I'll watch another 2 games and then hopefully we'll have some good discussions in @HighSeas' thread. He was supposed to post a day or so ago, but something happened to his browser. I've mostly watched Clemson's D, FWIW. What I'm interested in seeing is how we respond to Clemson's zones/blitzes.

I think we'll throw everything we've flashed so far: counters (even without Herndon leading), end arounds, 5WR, wildcat, RB angle routes. We'll see how Richt gets it to fit together. We have to find a way to get up early. 10-0 or something. Lucky bounce. Whatever it takes.

Clemson relies on beating people with a 4 man rush. I would imagine us not having to go 5 wide so much as they don't hide their blitzes as much as Duke and VT did

We need push up front or we'll lose, they had 11 sacks against Auburn (who's offensive line is up for awards I believe)

Same with our defensive line and their OL. Whoever's OL holds up best I think wins the game

Statically they average the same amount of allowed sacks per game that we do. And we force as many sacks and TFL as they do. Remarkably similar. Going to be interesting to watch

Last edited:

I was just talking to my dad about this. They really confused South Car QB with their blitz packages. I don’t think Rosier can process quick enough to beat their defense. Will Richt got Max protect and hope we find holes, or go 4/5 wide right and hope Rosier finds the mismatch?

Advertisement

Don't think I'll do one. I'll watch another 2 games and then hopefully we'll have some good discussions in @HighSeas' thread. He was supposed to post a day or so ago, but something happened to his browser. I've mostly watched Clemson's D, FWIW. What I'm interested in seeing is how we respond to Clemson's zones/blitzes.

I think we'll throw everything we've flashed so far: counters (even without Herndon leading), end arounds, 5WR, wildcat, RB angle routes. We'll see how Richt gets it to fit together. We have to find a way to get up early. 10-0 or something. Lucky bounce. Whatever it takes.

Halfback pass by DJ is coming for sure. A throwback across the field also.

Clemson relies on beating people with a 4 man rush. I would imagine us not having to go 5 wide so much as they don't hide their blitzes as much as Duke and VT did
I saw them stand guys up (3 at a time). Zone blitz. Drop random DL. Saw them actually behave totally different than what I had expected. They may revert to something simpler against us, but they've flashed some stuff people say makes Coach Diaz "gimmicky."

Defense can’t fall for all the extra bs they run. They run a lot of pre-snap motion, misdirections, etc. A lot of window dressing you can say. Defense has to be smart.

Advertisement
Back