Kellen Winslow II arrested on burglary charges

And Humpty Hump once got busy in a Burger King bathroom.

dude seems to have issues. he may have CTE, but that isn't why he's a disgusting human being. also, unless you have a personal relationship w him or his family, you don't know what hes like in his personal life. he belongs behind bars

Advertisement
Even the Marine Corps has stripped the title from guys like Lee Harvey Oswald. We're probably very close to having to consider stripping the Canedom from this maniac.

CTE is a very convenient rationale here (and it possibly could be a factor) but this guy seemingly wasn't all there at a much younger age and it just has progressed to bad places.

It's not a "convenient rationale" or an "excuse". I'm willing to bet big money, though, on what will be discovered once his brain is studied post-mortem.

I love football, but we have to be honest on what is doing to the bodies of the guys who play football for that many years.

Worth millions and millions of dollars along with NFL pension , very sad to say but my guess drug related.

Yes he was a WARRIOR hope for the best for him for sure.

GOCANES
I have personally seen and went through this. Remember, innocent until proven guilty. I wil get back to you on that.

It's not a "convenient rationale" or an "excuse". I'm willing to bet big money, though, on what will be discovered once his brain is studied post-mortem.

I love football, but we have to be honest on what is doing to the bodies of the guys who play football for that many years.

The science simply isn't there (yet) for you to jump to this conclusion- especially to assign causation to extreme sexual deviancy.

This also opens up the door to looking for mental illness defenses for ALL heinous crimes. I mean one would HAVE to be suffering some mental ailment to be a rapist or a pedophile or animal abuser or premeditated murderer......right?

dude seems to have issues. he may have CTE, but that isn't why he's a disgusting human being. also, unless you have a personal relationship w him or his family, you don't know what hes like in his personal life. he belongs behind bars

There's a difference between being a "disgusting human being" and the fact that he seems to be unable to control himself at this point, not even when he has pending charges and has to do everything he can to avoid repetition of the accused crimes.

THAT is the part that is likely impacted by CTE. No ability to control or restrain one's self. No logic or rational thought that would lead an otherwise normal person to not repeat a behavior until after the trial.

I don't care if he likes older women. It is the repetitive behavior and lack of self-control that is very troubling.

Advertisement
There's a difference between being a "disgusting human being" and the fact that he seems to be unable to control himself at this point, not even when he has pending charges and has to do everything he can to avoid repetition of the accused crimes.

THAT is the part that is likely impacted by CTE. No ability to control or restrain one's self. No logic or rational thought that would lead an otherwise normal person to not repeat a behavior until after the trial.

I don't care if he likes older women. It is the repetitive behavior and lack of self-control that is very troubling.

hes accused of raping several women including drugging one of them. hes a disgusting human, CTE or not.

The science simply isn't there (yet) for you to jump to this conclusion- especially to assign causation to extreme sexual deviancy.

This also opens up the door to looking for mental illness defenses for ALL heinous crimes. I mean one would HAVE to be suffering some mental ailment to be a rapist or a pedophile or animal abuser or premeditated murderer......right?

First, I addressed the issue of the contrast between his sexual preferences and his general lack of self-control in my prior post.

Second, yes, there is a ton of research that has shown that certain types of crime (pedophilia, rape, animal abuse) are heavily and statistically impacted by physical or psychological trauma. Again, there is not an EXCUSE there, but an attempt to understand what causes the aberrant behavior.

In addition, it would help to factor in whether "punishment" (i.e., jail time) would have any impact on changing the behavior in such an individual. Sure, it is possible for one who commits theft to be "rehabilitated" from incarceration, but we have to honestly consider whether jail time will ever change a pedophile, a rapist, or an animal abuser.

Again, please differentiate between the concept of "excusing" a person from a crime and an honest discussion of what influences someone to commit a particular type of crime, and whether they will ever be rehabilitated from committing that type of crime again.

If Kellen is convicted of the crimes of which he is accused, he probably needs to be locked up just to protect other people, but being in jail will probably never address what is wrong with him in a way that rehabilitates him.

Kellen likes the older women. I get it. I went out with some 53 year old from Bumble last year. She was a real, MAGA *** dumpster. Bless her heart.

Advertisement
First, I addressed the issue of the contrast between his sexual preferences and his general lack of self-control in my prior post.

Second, yes, there is a ton of research that has shown that certain types of crime (pedophilia, rape, animal abuse) are heavily and statistically impacted by physical or psychological trauma. Again, there is not an EXCUSE there, but an attempt to understand what causes the aberrant behavior.

In addition, it would help to factor in whether "punishment" (i.e., jail time) would have any impact on changing the behavior in such an individual. Sure, it is possible for one who commits theft to be "rehabilitated" from incarceration, but we have to honestly consider whether jail time will ever change a pedophile, a rapist, or an animal abuser.

Again, please differentiate between the concept of "excusing" a person from a crime and an honest discussion of what influences someone to commit a particular type of crime, and whether they will ever be rehabilitated from committing that type of crime again.

If Kellen is convicted of the crimes of which he is accused, he probably needs to be locked up just to protect other people, but being in jail will probably never address what is wrong with him in a way that rehabilitates him.
Completely agree, prison is not rehabilitation, it's a deterrent. Most and normal people would not do anything to go back but people with a disease or injury of the brain, may not have a choice. If he is found guilty and it's discovered he is suffering from mental damage, it may do him better to be in a hospital under medication and a psychiatrist. This is important going forward to study behavior and damage in the brain, along with the medication and treatment. With enough patients and time, Drs may be able to limit or stop these acts before they happen.

Advertisement
If he is truly mentally ill, then he needs to be hospitalized, medicated and evaluated. Jail isn't going to to do anything for him, society or future people with similar injuries or illness.
Uugghh he is on trial for rape
And now they are saying he raped an underage girl back in 03
Not sure what world you are in but he needs to be in jail
They provide the meds in there
Take the orange and green glasses off
He is unstable and accused of serious crimes

Uugghh he is on trial for rape
And now they are saying he raped an underage girl back in 03
Not sure what world you are in but he needs to be in jail
They provide the meds in there
Take the orange and green glasses off
He is unstable and accused of serious crimes
Lulz at jail Drs and meds. They are the ones that couldn't make it in the real world or even have issues in their past. Also, they do NOT care about the health of inmates. If this man is truly mentally ill, jail is the last place he needs to be. However, if he is found guilty and sane, lock him up.

Lulz at jail Drs and meds. They are the ones that couldn't make it in the real world or even have issues in their past. Also, they do NOT care about the health of inmates. If this man is truly mentally ill, jail is the last place he needs to be. However, if he is found guilty and sane, lock him up.
Problem is, most inmates have mental issues of some kind. Should they ALL be released to hospitals?

Advertisement
Listen
This is my profession (I work for company that produces meds that treat mentally ill). I’m not here to defend psychiatrists....believe me they are mostly apathetic to patient care especially in a county, parole outpatient setting or jail...I get it..you make a fair point!

However, because the left closed down insane asylums (locked mental health institutions)....the choice is leaving this dude roaming the street and HOPING he stays compliant on meds or jail.
It’s that simple.

The likelihood is that he is GUILTY and needs
To be incarcerated. To your point, jail is not ideal for mentally ill but until we revisit the idea of locked facilities to house these people, jail is better than dude roaming the streets searching for next victim imho

Listen
This is my profession (I work for company that produces meds that treat mentally ill). I’m not here to defend psychiatrists....believe me they are mostly apathetic to patient care especially in a county, parole outpatient setting or jail...I get it..you make a fair point!

However, because the left closed down insane asylums (locked mental health institutions)....the choice is leaving this dude roaming the street and HOPING he stays compliant on meds or jail.
It’s that simple.

The likelihood is that he is GUILTY and needs
To be incarcerated. To your point, jail is not ideal for mentally ill but until we revisit the idea of locked facilities to house these people, jail is better than dude roaming the streets searching for next victim imho
Wait, there is no more psychiatric hospitals? This is new to me, I've never heard that. That's hard to believe but if true, then obviously he can't be on the street. I find it hard to believe that there are no more hospitals or homes (especially private) for mental patients

Advertisement
Back