Keith Brown Decommits from IL

Hurrikane

Band
Banned
Rivals.com Football Recruiting - Keith Brown decommits from Illinois shar.es/WhLmH

SAN ANTONIO - Miami Norland linebacker Keith Brown came into the U.S. Army All-American Bowl week with a plan to announce his commitment to a national audience during Saturday's telecast, but the four-star prospect first had to rescind a previous commitment he made.

Keith Brown will announce his college choice during the U.S. Army All-American Bowl on Saturday.
The 6-foot-1, 225-pound Brown flipped his commitment from Miami to Illinois in November, 10 days before the Illini fired head coach Ron Zook. Brown did not immediately decommit from the Illini upon learning of Zook's demise, but did make it official this week with a call to Illinois coaches.

"I talked to the coaching staff and let them know that they are in the top three, but I just want to make my [decommitment] public and do my announcement on TV," Brown said.

"I talked with Coach [Keith] Gilmore because I couldn't get in touch with Coach [Tim] Beckman. He said it was cool and he understands the situation knowing that the coach was just fired. He asked me if they still have a chance."

Brown is now expected to announce his selection on Saturday between Illinois, Louisville and Miami. He took an official visit to Louisville the weekend of Dec. 9 and has had continuing communication with the Cardinals and Hurricanes coaching staffs over the last several weeks.

"I just got off the phone with Louisville actually, and I talked to Miami earlier this morning," Brown reported. "Both of them are speaking very well."

During Army Bowl check-ins on Sunday, Brown said he already had his college selection in mind, and that continues to be the case as his decision date draws near.

"It's more clear [today]," he said. "Illinois is still in the running, but they are basically No. 3."

Advertisement
Kid just wants his moment. Let him have it. They also have to sign some sort of contract in order to be able to announce at the AA game.

Im guesssing UL as no way does Miami take his brother.

And no we have not dropped him. We are recruiting him heavily and 2 of his teammates are commite to us, Duke and Flowers

Dont care. I said he would end up a Cane but I could care more.

You're kidding right? Kid is good. Yeah he isnt a WOW playmaker but kid doesnt miss his assigments and blows up plays at the point if he cant get to the ball carrier.

Kid is solid. Is around 220 pounds already and is a home grown kid that plays on the best defense is south FLA

I say UL and I hate to say it

Last edited:
Advertisement
Could care less whether he comes here or not. Don't be surprised if Burgess ends up at UL too.

Did Louisville offer his brother or did his brother get an offer from another school?

I remember an article a little back where Brown basically said he's looking out for his brother and that if his brother got an offer from another school they didn't need to go tot he same school.

Could care less whether he comes here or not. Don't be surprised if Burgess ends up at UL too.

Man **** we need big body home grown ni66as like this.

Plus he a early enrollee? **** man yall trippin. Watch dude pick us then he's goat all of a suddenly.

Burgess can kick rocks then trip and fall. Dude is too little

I agree with Ringz on this one. The kid seems like a player. I would take him in a heartbeat even though he decommitted before. Hope he chooses us over Louisville

Advertisement
Someboy, maybe Larry, made a good Keith Brown comparison to Arthur Brown in that he has the physical tools to be a real good he just needs to be properly coached up. I'd take Brown here in a second.

So Waters already said he aint going nowhere. Says he dont give a fack what Burgess do.

And Brown seems to be coming back to the U

So we trade Brown for Burgess and keep Waters? All the while Loserville swears they get all 3? LULZ ROFL!!!

I'd trade Burgess boney *** for Brown all day.

would love to keep all 3 and LULZ and fart while I lulz

Someboy, maybe Larry, made a good Keith Brown comparison to Arthur Brown in that he has the physical tools to be a real good he just needs to be properly coached up. I'd take Brown here in a second.

Difference is, Arthur dominated liitle white boys from Kansas and never made the playoffs while Keith was bone crushing Miami Dade ni66as then raped FLA football stars in the playoffs all the way to state title game.

No comparison IMO. Arthur Brown was 210 pounds when he got here. Keith Brown would take his lunch

I'd take this kid in a minute.

You can't let local high end recruits leave. If you do, the damage must be kept to a minimum.

In a year where you aren't getting Tracy Howard, Amari Cooper, or Ricardo Louis...you gotta keep kids like Keith Brown home.

Advertisement
I'm hoping the kid picks UM. He signs that LOI with UM and those games he played mean nothing.

Advertisement

Difference is, Arthur dominated liitle white boys from Kansas and never made the playoffs while Keith was bone crushing Miami Dade ni66as then raped FLA football stars in the playoffs all the way to state title game.

No comparison IMO. Arthur Brown was 210 pounds when he got here. Keith Brown would take his lunch

Dude, have you ever seen him play? He's a measureables and potential kid, not a production and quality kid. In HS, Spence was producing. Brown disappears in games and mysteriously ends up with 10 tackles, even though everyone in the stadium only saw him make three. Don't get me wrong, he's a kid I hope ends up in Miami with the hopes the light comes on, but let's not make it sound like Brown is destroying everyone he sees.

Advertisement
Back