Keir Thomas (USCe) & Calijah Kancey (Pitt)

Advertisement
These are the types of dudes that would fit an attacking hybrid scheme which I’ve been wanting here for years. Imagine a simplistic hybrid defense like what the Pats run here at Miami. We would literally be able to take the best athletes anywhere and just fitting them all over.

Good players..we landed good dts in their classes though.
Both undersized...pop (thomas) and Kalijah have put on the prerequisite weight quicker than I thought. I knew they liked kancey alot..just was a bit small and not sure if he had stopped out

After Daxon decommitted/got dropped, we probably would have gotten Kancey if we offered. But the staff didn't like his size IIRC so we went after Holley instead. I like Holley & think he'll be great, but he's currently behind some great players on the depth chart & probably won't be a regular in the lineup until his RS junior year.

I barely remember Kier Thomas's recruitment lol. I know Owen Carney is his cousin (who hasn't done much at Illinois)

Advertisement
After Daxon decommitted/got dropped, we probably would have gotten Kancey if we offered. But the staff didn't like his size IIRC so we went after Holley instead. I like Holley & think he'll be great, but he's currently behind some great players on the depth chart & probably won't be a regular in the lineup until his RS junior year.

I barely remember Kier Thomas's recruitment lol. I know Owen Carney is his cousin (who hasn't done much at Illinois)
Think the top 4 next year is probably Jade, JHH, Jason, and Jordan so he wouldn’t get a lot of reps.

Holley got some reps today. The young dts need to eat some of the reps from Jon Ford. That has begun. I'm trying to

You think Nesta comes back?
Yea! He’s finally becoming a better pass rusher. Obviously there’s a lot of year left but right now he should be a top 5-6 DT if he goes into next years draft. Right now he’s probably looking at the 4th if he keeps playing well. He’s only 20 bro. He would 21-22 going into next years draft.

Advertisement
Yea, Nesta comes from money.

Holley plays some already. I like the trajectory of the young dts. For example dont know if it's been said but Blissett is real active when he is in as well. He even has more tackles than Jon Ford and him and Hokley are 3rd stringers
Blissett is the most athletic out of all them and it ain’t even close.

Blissett is the most athletic out of all them and it ain’t even close.

He looked really lean though when he played last week, got pushed around a bit. Not sure he's ready to hold up inside for more than a subpackage guy unless he can put some size back on.

Advertisement
He looked really lean though when he played last week, got pushed around a bit. Not sure he's ready to hold up inside for more than a subpackage guy unless he can put some size back on.
Use him the way UF used Jonathan Bullard and we used GR15. Play him inside and out. He’s got the athleticism for it. The blueprint for Jason was already created.

Use him the way UF used Jonathan Bullard and we used GR15. Play him inside and out. He’s got the athleticism for it. The blueprint for Jason was already created.

That i would do - especially early run downs at SDE against run teams.

I dont think it matters you pair him with a big 1 tech and let him move...Jordan Miller, Ford....those guys u pair him with. He is productive.

Advertisement
IIRC they already said Blissett is an end, they just use him inside sometimes

You think Nesta comes back?
He'd be stupid not to. The NFL doesn't like undersized DTs that aren't dominant.

Put another year on tape and then we'll talk. He's improved every year he's been here. Don't make the same mistake McIntosh did.

Advertisement
Back