kehoe/Stoutland

WAY too many other variables involved in rushing ypg

Accomplishing nothing with this thread.

Agreed. Way too many other things come into play with rushing stats to judge an O-line coach by that. Like everyone else, not disagreeing that Stoutland is better than Kehoe, but your "evidence" should not be based on those stats.

Jacory probably had the biggest increase in QB rating out of anyone in the country since last season (just my guess, too lazy to look it up, but I'm sure it's close). Does that mean Jedd Fisch is the best QB coach in all the land? Hardly.

Not sure if serious.

You are aware that Fisch was actually considered to be far and away one of the best QB coaches in the NFL, right?

Considered by who? I never heard that anywhere. He'd only been a QB coach in the NFL for 1 year (with the Seahawks) prior to joining UM. Before that he was with Minnesota and before that was a WR coach, offensive assistant, etc. So his 1 year with a veteran Matt Hasselbeck allowed him to be "considered far and away one of the best QB coaches in the NFL?" Yeah, I dunno about that. I know some great coaches have praised Fisch, and I think it's been evident after this year he deserved the praise, but not sure where you're getting that from.

He was a good enough NFL QB coach that he was getting interview opportunities for NFL OC positions at his very young age, and Seattle tried to keep him as an OC when we hired him and they then fired Bates. We can argue, spin, debate, etc, but in my mind, that certainly puts you towards the top of NFL QB coaches, especially at his age.

Anyway you slice it up, we have an NFL quality OC and QB coach at the University of Miami. Great hire, IMHO. Hope we can keep him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I remember everyone beating up on Stoutland when he was here.

Yup. WOAT fans by far in the USA.

Advertisement
Back