Kehoe Staying?

Kehoe is UM football. Fire him, and you're firing UM football. The man is a living legend who developed and coached the greatest OL in the history of this program.

Advertisement
Great news, if true. Coach Kehoe coached the greatest lines in UM history and understands the program better than anyone. In addition to that, Coach Kehoe is highly respected in the community.

With all due respect to Art, all of that will be true when he is 88 as well.

What he did years ago and how much he is liked in the community should be extreme distant second and third priorities to his current ability to get the job done at the highest level.

Maybe Rucht thinks he can help him along.

UM

Art hasn't jumped the shark just yet. Several members of his OL recently entered the NFL and the line was more than serviceable this year despite the paucity of experience on it.

There is no doubt that Coach Art can be an asset at UM for a few more seasons.

Where we watching the same OL? The one that sucked beyond belief and got our QB injured? It's his fourth year here and all he could trot out at OL is a disaster.

The only time the fans haven't liked Kehoe is when Al Golden was the head coach. He's gone and the man knows how to coach. Take the Golden handcuffs off and see how it goes with him.

Great news, if true. Coach Kehoe coached the greatest lines in UM history and understands the program better than anyone. In addition to that, Coach Kehoe is highly respected in the community.

What he did years ago and how much he is liked in the community should be extreme distant second and third priorities to his current ability to get the job done at the highest level.

UM

Art hasn't jumped the shark just yet. Several members of his OL recently entered the NFL and the line was more than serviceable this year despite the paucity of experience on it.

I'm ok with Richt giving him a year or two to see how they gel together.

What I am not ok with, is coaching buddies keeping staff jobs available...and I just hope that ain't the case like last regime.

Sure, Kehoe is a UM legend...so the question is...regardless of how bad a job he does...is there ever a good time to replace him? **** no, and that's what bothers me. I want Richt starting out piecing together his staff based on who he thinks will dominate.

Hope u guys are right.

UM

Advertisement
Meh, we'll see. Could just be coach speak or Kehoe making an assumption. It wouldn't surprise me too much if he was initially retained since he played on the same team as Richt, but once Richt sees Kehoe's OL in action I have confidence that he'll do the right thing and make Art available to the job market.

UM

I'm ok with Richt giving him a year or two to see how they gel together.

What I am not ok with, is coaching buddies keeping staff jobs available...and I just hope that ain't the case like last regime.

Sure, Kehoe is a UM legend...so the question is...regardless of how bad a job he does...is there ever a good time to replace him? **** no, and that's what bothers me. I want Richt starting out piecing together his staff based on who he thinks will dominate.

Hope u guys are right.

UM

Sensible approach.

From Barry Jackson's column:

### Daytona Beach offensive lineman Marcus Tatum told Canesport.com that offensive line coach Art Kehoe assured him that he will be a member of Mark Richt’s staff.
If this is true, this is definitely a move in the wrong direction.
Great our ol cant win a pillow fight

Advertisement
Didn't his lines nearly get Berlin and Wright killed 10-12 years ago?
When can you say Miami had good OLs since 2001-2002?
Just asking. I don't recall any. And it's not just about the individual guys who went to the league. It's about how the lines worked over all.

Al was a total control freak. Art was good soldier from the get go. Al brought him back from the swamp and Art was not about to go against him. Mark does not sound as controlling so IF he keeps Art, we will see if the old guy has another ring in him. There are a lot of great RBs and QBs who ran and played and won rings behind Art's offensive lines even when they weren't NFL quality guys.

Mark could not be criticized for a clean sweep. After all, these staff's HC just got canned at mid-season. It would be easy to just say, bye guys. I think he will keep who he thinks can help and get rid of anyone he thinks he can upgrade. The one thing I do not want to hear from him is "when we were at Georgia ......" or see too much of the staff that got him fired either.

Advertisement
I don't think Art's put together a solid OL since 2003. His best days are behind him.

Do I really blame Kehoe? Nope....

I truly feel that Golden was the biggest cancer this program has ever inherited. The only coaches that had free reign were Paul Williams, and D'Onofrio...every other coach were hemlocked. You saw how Kareem cursed out D'Onofrio. Golden had these coaches here to help his recruiting, but at the end of the day, they all were hemlocked by him.

I think Kehoe under Richt would be totally different. Assistant coaches follow the marches of the head coach.

These are the only guys I need to get the F out of my face in priority.

1) D'Onfrio
2) D'Onfrio (so bad he had to be listed twice)
3) Williams
4) Coley (man has turned back the clock on innovative offenses)
5) Swasey (no way that all of our players should be getting out muscled on the L.O.S and open field)
6) Coach Melvin.....(FIU coach should never be on a Miami staff...including Cristobal)
7) Ice (have not brought dividends from the recruiting standpoint and the RBs were avg this year)

Everyone else, I'm fine with.

Where we watching the same OL? The one that sucked beyond belief and got our QB injured? It's his fourth year here and all he could trot out at OL is a disaster.

The OL definitely was horrid this year, but it's way past his fourth year lol

Advertisement
Maybe I missed it, but I remember Art used to always have fire and arrogance which I personally loved. Under Golden he didn't seem the same as his first stint. Maybe that was the Golden affect or maybe he lost it. We will find out now I guess.

To his credit, it sounds like the Kehoe shuffle was actually the Golden Shuffle. However even after Golden was canned and the shuffle subsided, the line still struggled.

I almost wish Art would just retire and make everyone's life easier.

Advertisement
Back