KEEPING HEARING ,BIG NAME JOINING THIS COACHING STAFF

Advertisement
Pete mentioned adding a new guy to the support staff for recruitment purposes. Like Baez. Rumor has it, it's a coach from Southridge.

If that's who he's talking about, it's not a rumor. It's Cooney.

Love Gerry Cooney. Was the great white hope...
View attachment 40926

Man, just catching this thread and seeing Gerry Cooney...Guy was our hometown hero in South Huntington, NY (the working class side of town). His Dad built a ring for him in the back yard and we followed all his Golden Gloves matches...Somewhere I have my "The Contender" SI magazine with him on the cover.

As an aside, my sister was good friends with his sister, Eileen, at Walt Whitman High School (which was featured in Gerry's SI write-up). I was 13 at the time and Eileen was a gorgeous, red-headed 17 year old who would come by our house..Ahh memories...

Advertisement
Let's hope it's better than the last time we tried a similar "power move" in hiring bell and lice.

Advertisement
Pat Nix is the new OC. Since everybody wanted Richt to hire a real OC this is who we got. Cannot confirm that Rich Olson might be hired to be co-OC.

Donofrio is the new DC in waiting for in case Manny Diaz leaves for a HC job.

Last edited:
Pat Nix is the new OC. Since everybody wanted Richt to hire a real OC this is who we got. Cannot confirm that Rich Olson might be hired to be co-OC.

Donofrio is the new DC in waiting for in case Manny Diaz leaves for a HC job.

I thought Nix was calling plays the entire month of October. No?

Advertisement
Connect the dots

usatsi_9745136_168380490_lowres.jpg

sfl-lane-kiffin-kendal-briles-fau-baylor-offensive-coordinator-20161223

1395924180521951402.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
LOL @ this "big name" nonsense.

I don't care WHO is hired.

Until they bring in studs it's more of the same old same old.

LOL @ this "big name" nonsense.

I don't care WHO is hired.

Until they bring in studs it's more of the same old same old.

I always said the same thing....god could coach with excellent x and is....if he ain't bringing in studs he won't win either

Advertisement
Back