Keepin 'em close (FSU)

Advertisement
SIAP. Was looking at ESPN and happened across this and thought it might fit here. FSU's class seems to be unraveling a little bit - Austin Golson (T) and Davin Bellamy (DE) have decommitted.

Corey Dowlar

Quick note on Myles Jack
Kipp Adams is checking into a new UGA offer for Myles Jack. If it is legit, there is a pretty good chance Jack will visit UGA and not FSU this weekend. Jack would be the only OV in Tallahassee this weekend since Tunsil is no longer visiting.

FederalSnowman
Thanks Corey. Any insight as to why recruits keep dropping FSU like a bad habit?

FSWho going to lose another one?

Matthew Thomas article from Amy Campbell.....not sure what to make of it. She asked more about FSU, so theres that. Hard to get a read on this kid.

Matthew Thomas is having quite the eventful month as he’s fitting five official visits into four weeks. The 2013 linebacker took a mid-week official to Miami last week and then took in Florida State over the weekend. This weekend, he’ll take his last visit and it’s to UGA.

Matthew Thomas took an official visit to Miami last Wednesday and Thursday before heading up to Tallahassee Friday. The Booker T. Washington (Miami, FL) standout said he enjoyed his time at UM and it was great to see so many familiar faces. “It was fun hanging with the players and the coaches and all the Miami guys,” Thomas said.
“I’ve been here all my life and it’s just right there so I think it’s a plus.”

Thomas said he had some good conversations with the coaching staff and it wasn’t all about strictly football.

“They talked about after football the kind of weight that a UM degree holds, that kind of thing,” he said.

“I think it’s a good school and I’m going to keep them in mind.”

Thomas’ mom has been involved in his recruitment and he said she likes Miami but isn’t putting any pressure on him.

“She really hasn’t said much, she said it’d be nice if I went there but she said it’s on me,” he said.

After visiting the Hurricanes, Thomas took a visit to one Miami’s biggest rivals in Florida State.

“It was fun, I really got to know the coaches better and hang with them and their families, get away from football for a minute, then we got to talking about football and talking about how I can effect their defense,” he said.

“They’re bringing in a new defensive coordinator and linebacker coach. They have a good defense and I’d be a good plus to their defense.”

Many have wondered how the many coaching changes at Florida State this year will affect the Seminoles’ recruiting class. Thomas said he isn’t concerned that he may not already have a relationship with his position coach at FSU should he choose to go there.

“Jimbo knows what he’s doing, I trust him,” he said.

The 6-foot-4, 210-pound athlete visited the ‘Noles with his mother and brother and they all came away impressed.

“They thought it was a good place for me, they like the town and the school and how it runs and what FSU has going on with the program,” he said.

Like his family, Thomas said there are plenty things he likes about the Florida State program.

“(I could be) playing early, playing in a scheme that would allow me to showcase my abilities, and getting to know the new defensive coordinator, he could be the next big one you never know,” he said.

This weekend, Thomas will take his final visit to Georgia.

“(I’m looking forward to) learning more about the program and meeting all the coaches,” he said.

Thomas visited Alabama and USC earlier this month. He maintains he still has no leaders and he’ll announce his final decision on Signing Day. Stay tuned to FOX Sports NEXT for all the latest.

Thomas’ mom has been involved in his recruitment and he said she likes Miami but isn’t putting any pressure on him.

“She really hasn’t said much, she said it’d be nice if I went there but she said it’s on me,” he said"

lol but I thought she favored FSU?

Advertisement

“She really hasn’t said much, she said it’d be nice if I went there but she said it’s on me,” he said"

lol but I thought she favored FSU?

AMY ADDED THAT TIDBIT... MY SOURCES TELL ME MOMMA THOMAS IS ALL IN ON TALLAHASSEE

- Langston

Advertisement
Back