Kayode Oladele

Two totally different circumstances. Bethel for 1 has played DB plenty, people on this board are just really stupid & repeat things that other stupid people say enough til it becomes CIS fact.

We could afford to take Bethel because he's a really good kid with tons of upside playing for a local school that has always sent us great players. Bethel has no grades or character issues to worry about, he comes from a great family & is a hard working young man who deserved his opportunity to come play for The U.

Kayo isn't the same situation at all, he was offered by Kool not Simpson & even then the staff cooled on him. People are acting like this kid is the 2nd coming of Clowney or something, he's an average player & not that impressive. We can fill any depth issues with better higher quality talent from the 2019 class DE's. People keep saying "stack chips" that refers to getting great players & pairing them with more great players, that doesn't apply to him.

I gotta disagree here. Bethel was a great athlete that we took a flyer on because he was 6'1 180 and ran a 4.4..I didn't see any good DB highlights from the kid only WR highlights and his stats were okay at that... BUT because of his skill set we took a chance.

You keep saying Bethel is a good kid, with good character and comes from a good family..what does that have to do with anything?..thats great but are we saying that Oladele is an ******* and a locker room cancer because he didn't make the grades? I am asking because I never heard that Oladele had an off the field issues.

That said Oladele had an off the charts SPARQ rating at the Miami regional last year. So hes a great athlete too. And hes local and he is at a position of need. If we went after Chatfield at the 25th hour with the thought we could develop him into a player..not sure why Diaz/Richt think they cant turn Oladele into one. JMO.

Advertisement
I gotta disagree here. Bethel was a great athlete that we took a flyer on because he was 6'1 180 and ran a 4.4..I didn't see any good DB highlights from the kid only WR highlights and his stats were okay at that... BUT because of his skill set we took a chance.

You keep saying Bethel is a good kid, with good character and comes from a good family..what does that have to do with anything?..thats great but are we saying that Oladele is an ******* and a locker room cancer because he didn't make the grades? I am asking because I never heard that Oladele had an off the field issues.

That said Oladele had an off the charts SPARQ rating at the Miami regional last year. So hes a great athlete too. And hes local and he is at a position of need. If we went after Chatfield at the 25th hour with the thought we could develop him into a player..not sure why Diaz/Richt think they cant turn Oladele into one. JMO.
You didn't see any good DB highlights because you didn't see them not because he never played DB. Go watch his Hudl he has DB highlights, but even aside from that people that have seen him play live knew he's played DB since his Sophomore year.

You didn't see any good DB highlights because you didn't see them not because he never played DB. Go watch his Hudl he has DB highlights, but even aside from that people that have seen him play live knew he's played DB since his Sophomore year.

Fair enough. But this isn't about Bethel..this is about Oladele. I just mentioned Bethel because he constitutes as a "project" and the only reason we took him was because of his athletic build.

I just don't understand why Oladele doesn't fit into that category seeing that he is a super athlete for his size and is a local kid and is at position of need. We cant develop kids anymore? They have to be Day 1 contributors or else we don't need them? If its grades then fine, but that can be worked on. But if its because they think they cant develop him..I have to scratch my head at that.

Fck that guy, and fck UM fans who are always combing dumpsters looking for scraps. He's a big dude who runs fast in a straight line but is ****** at football. Let him and GenitalRon commiserate over a 6 piece of McNuggets.

Advertisement

I got friends on the MNW staff that said "I don't how in the **** UM wants him at DB"

Interesting. Are they saying he sucks as an athlete? As a DB? The reason I ask because I feel a fast athlete can be coached to play DB.

They told me he's never played DB....they do think he's a helluva athlete though.

I trust Rumph in this regard honestly....

Advertisement
Fck that guy, and fck UM fans who are always combing dumpsters looking for scraps. He's a big dude who runs fast in a straight line but is ****** at football. Let him and GenitalRon commiserate over a 6 piece of McNuggets.

Agree hes not a great football player now. (hes only played it 2 years from what the reports say) but hes a helluva athlete and his SPARQ rating proved that. He had a 120+ rating I believe. That's how his name got on the radar.

But I digress. Hes not coming here so its a moot point.

They told me he's never played DB....they do think he's a helluva athlete though.

I trust Rumph in this regard honestly....
Direct quote from Rumph in Barry Jackson's article on the CB's from last Friday:

"What I like about Nigel is he played offense last year [at Miami Northwestern] but if the other team had a great receiver, he shadowed that guy at corner. He can play man to man. In seven on sevens, he covered some of the best receivers we saw and it shocked us"

Direct quote from Rumph in Barry Jackson's article on the CB's from last Friday:

"What I like about Nigel is he played offense last year [at Miami Northwestern] but if the other team had a great receiver, he shadowed that guy at corner. He can play man to man. In seven on sevens, he covered some of the best receivers we saw and it shocked us"

I think Rumph is lying and I like to see that film....real talk...can't find that anywhere.

For example: In the state champ game..Armwood had 4 star WR Warren Thompson and Bethel didn't line up on him once and didn't play db.......there 4 star cb whose going to UGA lined up on Warren Thompson.

I think Rumph is lying and I like to see that film....real talk...can't find that anywhere.

For example: In the state champ game..Armwood had 4 star WR Warren Thompson and Bethel didn't line up on him once and didn't play db.......there 4 star cb whose going to UGA lined up on Warren Thompson.

Here's just a few of them.

He didn't play much in the State title game because he had a pulled hamstring, that's why he didn't play against Chandler AZ either.

He primailry played WR his Senior year because of Divaad & Wildgoose were ahead of him, but he did play DB situationally & played it more his Junior year.

Advertisement
Why not? We could use all the DE talent we can get. I’ll say this..if the staff don’t go after him there is something going on behind the scenes we don’t know about. (I.e. nadab Joseph and his grade issues)
or he's not that good......since i'm sure you haven't seen him play much actually.

He didn't play much in the State title game because he had a pulled hamstring, that's why he didn't play against Chandler AZ either.

He primailry played WR his Senior year because of Divaad & Wildgoose were ahead of him, but he did play DB situationally & played it more his Junior year.

Thanks bruh for that info...I am about to watch his film now..

or he's not that good......since i'm sure you haven't seen him play much actually.

Not many people have. Hes only played football for 2 years from what reports are saying. Hes raw.

Yall mofos think Auburn took him because he had big muscles all you want but yall act like this kid got dropped by FAU or something. And that he got dropped because Auburn all of a sudden found out he sucked. Buddies grades were probably **** like his teammate NJoseph. But whatever.

I would be interested to see how he looks after 2 years at a JUCO. Might do him some good.

Advertisement

Your caping for NBethel like I am dissing the kid. All I said was that the staff saw he was a good/great athlete and that he had the makeup of a CB they could develop. I actually liked the take. Just like my thoughts about Oladele, you don't turn down a local kid who is 6'1 180 and runs a legit 4.3-4.4 and has the attributes to play CB. I just had the same sentiment about Oladele. Local kid. Big time athlete. Had the makeup of a DE.

(okay now I am really done. lol. we talking about a kid whos not on our radar. I trust the staff so I am cool with it if that's what the decide)

Not many people have. Hes only played football for 2 years from what reports are saying. Hes raw.

Yall mofos think Auburn took him because he had big muscles all you want but yall act like this kid got dropped by FAU or something. And that he got dropped because Auburn all of a sudden found out he sucked. Buddies grades were probably **** like his teammate NJoseph. But whatever.

I would be interested to see how he looks after 2 years at a JUCO. Might do him some good.

Once again it's the number of core classes not grades

****, I had no idea he had signed with Auburn - I thought he was FSU's to lose. Is this another Genron special?

Let him go JUCO. if he can get his act together in the classroom and can prove to be an actual football players (not just a big dude) maybe we can kick the tires.

Advertisement
Back