Kayode Oladele

I would take him...I'm fine with grade/class issues...it's the character issues that we can't tolerate.

Didn't Miami admissions get Frank Gore in? Was that a special case?

Tee, a couple of things.

We've all got to stop using the Frank Gore example. That was 20 years ago, and he had a documented learning disability.

Many MANY of the NCAA rules have changed since then, including rules on core HS curriculum, college academic progress rates (APRs), and even this new rule on an acadmically ineligible kid still being counted as an Initial Counter.

Also, just generally, there may be multiple schools "expressing interest" right now with the complete expectation of stashing this kid at a JuCo or prep school for a year or two.

Doesn't hurt to "make nice" with the kid in the hopes that he improves his academics as well as on-field performance in JuCo/prep.

Advertisement
I would take him...I'm fine with grade/class issues...it's the character issues that we can't tolerate.

Didn't Miami admissions get Frank Gore in? Was that a special case?

Every time something like this happens people want to bring up Gore. Until someone puts up a 400 yard burger by the 3rd quarter can we pleas stop comparing kids with questionable talent to Frank Gore just because of grades or learning issues. Jeez.
I know not everyone can have high school stats like Gore . But **** mane! KO’s tape isn’t even close and he’s dumb enough to have some shady dude representing him.

Every time something like this happens people want to bring up Gore. Until someone puts up a 400 yard burger by the 3rd quarter can we pleas stop comparing kids with questionable talent to Frank Gore just because of grades or learning issues. Jeez.
I know not everyone can have high school stats like Gore . But **** mane! KO’s tape isn’t even close and he’s dumb enough to have some shady dude representing him.

I'm asking a legit question you whiny *** bytch bc I didn't know.

I cannot stand some of your mouth breathers

Tee, a couple of things.

We've all got to stop using the Frank Gore example. That was 20 years ago, and he had a documented learning disability.

Why can't people just answer the question? everyone gets so offensive and disrespectful about this..

Why can't people just answer the question? everyone gets so offensive and disrespectful about this..

I didn’t disrespect you. Calling me a whiny as beeaatch while your over here but hurt in the fetal position however is pretty disrespectful.
Yes a special circumstance was accepted by the school and the coaching staff did it for a very special player who wanted to be a cane when we could have gotten anyone in the country.
kO is on social media so everyone can see his body is a prime example of a faquit who should be posting videos of him working on his craft instead of trying to be Mr. Olympia.
Here is a link for you: $1 Offer | PREPARATION H®

Advertisement

I agree with you, and you know I have great respect for you. I'm just pointing out that Frank Gore's situation was different, he had a documented learning disability (dyslexia) in high school that was able to be taken into account by both UM and the NCAA. And, on the SAT score, for instance, if you give ETS (who administers the SAT) the evidence of your Learning Disability, you can get various accommodations, such as extra time and/or a person to record your answers (which can be very helpful to people with dyslexia).

With Frank Gore's situation, he struggled with his HS GPA, but this was before all of the NCAA's "core class" requirements, etc. He was able to get a decent SAT score eventually. However, I do not believe that Frank went through what some of the kids today go through, that is, retaking a bunch of HS classes online and substituting those grades for prior failing grades. It was my understanding that Frank raised his grades gradually, through working harder, not through retaking classes.

Ultimately, my point was that (a) Gore's situation and a lot of these other kids' situations are different, and (b) many of the NCAA rules have changed. That's all. I thought I did answer the question originally, but hopefully I did a better job the second time around.

I didn’t disrespect you. Calling me a whiny as beeaatch while your over here but hurt in the fetal position however is pretty disrespectful.
Yes a special circumstance was accepted by the school and the coaching staff did it for a very special player who wanted to be a cane when we could have gotten anyone in the country.
kO is on social media so everyone can see his body is a prime example of a faquit who should be posting videos of him working on his craft instead of trying to be Mr. Olympia.

SAND

Question. Did this kid even play high school football his senior year? Someone on the Auburn Board said that he wasn't even eligible this past season due to an issue with his visa.

Advertisement

Prep H? Just get the house brand at Walgreen's or Walmart. Still cheaper.

I would have taken this kid as one of the bottom of the class type lotto tickets.

However, he was never getting in here with those grades clearly. He was flirting with Auburn, Ole Miss, and FSU throughout the process. When that is the case, you know whats up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back