Kayaa 2 Da Bears

Perfect replacement for Cutler. Fans shouldn't notice any drop off in productivity.

Every game the announcers talk about how Cutler "has all the tools", but the guy never wins the big game and looks scared to get hit.

[video=youtube;-DPBgqKwvDs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DPBgqKwvDs[/video]

Advertisement
As a Bears fan, keep Kaaya away from Chicago. The OL sucks in Chicago too. Plus I don't need another QB who stares down WRs just to throw ints. I don't want a Black Jay Cutler replacing White Jay Cutler.

As a Bears fan, keep Kaaya away from Chicago. The OL sucks in Chicago too. Plus I don't need another QB who stares down WRs just to throw ints. I don't want a Black Jay Cutler replacing White Jay Cutler.

You must not understand football to compare Kaaya and Cutler. Two totally different t QB's. You may not like Cutler but he is superior with athletic ability and arm strength compared to Kaaya.

These guys that say anything about reading coverage or making a read on a progression are absolutely clueless. Please post a video of yourself identifying coverage, identifying the progression, and making the correct decision based on all of that. None of them could do that for 1 play on tape let alone are any of you smart enough to process that in real time or on your television.

Criticism of his mobility, accuracy, arm strength, toughness, winning the big game, etc are fair game. I'm fine with whatever your opinion is there but bringing up reads and progressions is truly ignorant

So you're saying no one can figure out that Kaaya decided to throw to Njoku when they had a single high safety who bracketed him in coverage. Kaaya locked into him right off the bat. If he goes through his progression or understood the coverage, he would have saw Coley with single coverage. Kaaya has missed numerous receivers who had favorable matchups but he decided instead to throw into double coverage.

Doesnt mean he cant read coverages. That means he just has a tendency to predetermin where is going with the ball. A lot of qbs do that. I have seen trubisky and watson do it on multiple occassions.

Advertisement
These guys that say anything about reading coverage or making a read on a progression are absolutely clueless. Please post a video of yourself identifying coverage, identifying the progression, and making the correct decision based on all of that. None of them could do that for 1 play on tape let alone are any of you smart enough to process that in real time or on your television.

Criticism of his mobility, accuracy, arm strength, toughness, winning the big game, etc are fair game. I'm fine with whatever your opinion is there but bringing up reads and progressions is truly ignorant

So you're saying no one can figure out that Kaaya decided to throw to Njoku when they had a single high safety who bracketed him in coverage. Kaaya locked into him right off the bat. If he goes through his progression or understood the coverage, he would have saw Coley with single coverage. Kaaya has missed numerous receivers who had favorable matchups but he decided instead to throw into double coverage.

Doesnt mean he cant read coverages. That means he just has a tendency to predetermin where is going with the ball. A lot of qbs do that. I have seen trubisky and watson do it on multiple occassions.

Its ok to lock on a WR pre snap if you understand the coverage. Brady, Manning and Rivers are the best in the world at this since non of them are mobile. They know the coverage pre-snap and are able to get rid of the ball within 2 seconds. Kaaya has shown zero ability to do this. Now this could be because Richt isn't calling routes favorable for this, WR not running the right routes etc.... As of right now Kaaya wouldn't sniff the field in the NFL.

Advertisement
Kaaya's lack of mobility will kill him. He's less mobile then Tom Brady. Before one of you losers say "Tom Brady says hi"

Peyton Manning post neck injury could out run Brad... but I was proud of his effort the last few games especially the Pitt game. He needs to improve his reads, another year would help. The check with me Coley used set him back IMO.

With the way the Bears are playing and the potential top 3 draft pick they will most likely get, they will have much better options that Kaaya.

In all fairness you're failing to mention that njoku had the safety beat. Now the throw itself should of been more inside. Not sure it would've mattered bc the safety grabbed and held njokus arm on that play.

Advertisement

Its ok to lock on a WR pre snap if you understand the coverage. Brady, Manning and Rivers are the best in the world at this since non of them are mobile. They know the coverage pre-snap and are able to get rid of the ball within 2 seconds. Kaaya has shown zero ability to do this. Now this could be because Richt isn't calling routes favorable for this, WR not running the right routes etc.... As of right now Kaaya wouldn't sniff the field in the NFL.

This pointless argument of comparing NFL hall of fame qbs with a college kid who among the rest of college qbs lack those skills. Mostly bc they don't have the time to work on everything while going to classes and whatever other responsibilities they may have. Do you even know what kind of prospect Brady was going into the draft? Looked far worse than kaaya

This pointless argument of comparing NFL hall of fame qbs with a college kid who among the rest of college qbs lack those skills. Mostly bc they don't have the time to work on everything while going to classes and whatever other responsibilities they may have. Do you even know what kind of prospect Brady was going into the draft? Looked far worse than kaaya

Ty law just said yesterday that brady early in his career was nothing special. He said he looked just like another guy on the field. But said brady worked hard to become basically what he is now.

Advertisement
Nobody gives a crap about how slow Kaaya is in the NFL. I guarantee if you line him up in a footrace against Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, he beats them both. His problem is pocket awareness. I don't know if it's shell shock or the fact that he just doesn't trust his line but he does get flustered when rushed and loses his rhythm and footwork. He has to improve on that if he's going to play in the NFL. All the other "negatives" mentioned here are fairly meaningless. If your pre-snap read tells you the defense is going to be in a certain type of coverage and you know receiver "X" is running a certain pattern that will beat that coverage, you will lock on to him. Every professional quarterback does it. Every quarterback occasionally makes the wrong read and/or throws to the wrong receiver. You obviously want to limit those mistakes but to point to individual scenarios and say "Kaaya can't play because he did this" is ridiculous. Even top level NFL QBs with years of experience occasionally miss an open receiver and attempt throws to the wrong receiver. If he was doing it all the time, there'd be tons of interceptions. What Kaaya does well and NFL scouts actually care about this, is he can complete passes to receivers who aren't wide open. In the pros, the coverage is vastly superior to to what QBs see in college. There isn't always going to be a receiver who's uncovered. This is why most "system" QBs struggle when they reach the NFL. You have to place the ball where your guy has the best chance of coming down with it. Whether it's high and away to bigger receivers (that's why he often floats passes to covered guys) or low and to the sideline on short yardage throws against man coverage (he isn't as good here). When he's not flustered, Kaaya is deadly accurate. Now, he's going to have to get a better understanding of how to move within the pocket or he'll never get the chance to make good throws but that's why he should return for his senior season.

Last edited:
Naw.. cold weather.. tough fanbase.. Nope.. He's better off replacing Rivers in San Diego.
This. I think SD is the ideal situation for him. Rivers has 1-2 seasons left in him. The style of play and being back in Cali would seem like a match made in heaven. But it is not up to BK.

Advertisement
Back