Kayaa 2 Da Bears

Advertisement
Naw.. cold weather.. tough fanbase.. Nope.. He's better off replacing Rivers in San Diego.

None of the 4 QBs mentioned in that article are day 1 starters - or at least they shouldn't be. Kaaya and Kizer aren't ready. Down year for QBs in the draft if that is the best in the country.

Kaaya will getting destroyed in the NFL. Not mobile at all, can't slide in the pocket, slow release and can't read coverage.

Advertisement
Perfect replacement for Cutler. Fans shouldn't notice any drop off in productivity.

Every game the announcers talk about how Cutler "has all the tools", but the guy never wins the big game and looks scared to get hit.

Kaaya's lack of mobility will kill him. He's less mobile then Tom Brady. Before one of you losers say "Tom Brady says hi"

Advertisement
These guys that say anything about reading coverage or making a read on a progression are absolutely clueless. Please post a video of yourself identifying coverage, identifying the progression, and making the correct decision based on all of that. None of them could do that for 1 play on tape let alone are any of you smart enough to process that in real time or on your television.

Criticism of his mobility, accuracy, arm strength, toughness, winning the big game, etc are fair game. I'm fine with whatever your opinion is there but bringing up reads and progressions is truly ignorant

Advertisement
These guys that say anything about reading coverage or making a read on a progression are absolutely clueless. Please post a video of yourself identifying coverage, identifying the progression, and making the correct decision based on all of that. None of them could do that for 1 play on tape let alone are any of you smart enough to process that in real time or on your television.

Criticism of his mobility, accuracy, arm strength, toughness, winning the big game, etc are fair game. I'm fine with whatever your opinion is there but bringing up reads and progressions is truly ignorant

So you're saying no one can figure out that Kaaya decided to throw to Njoku when they had a single high safety who bracketed him in coverage. Kaaya locked into him right off the bat. If he goes through his progression or understood the coverage, he would have saw Coley with single coverage. Kaaya has missed numerous receivers who had favorable matchups but he decided instead to throw into double coverage.

So you're saying no one can figure out that Kaaya decided to throw to Njoku when they had a single high safety who bracketed him in coverage. Kaaya locked into him right off the bat. If he goes through his progression or understood the coverage, he would have saw Coley with single coverage. Kaaya has missed numerous receivers who had favorable matchups but he decided instead to throw into double coverage.

That's 1 play of 1000. I think he knew where he was going with the ball prior to the snap as part of the play call. All I'm saying is you don't know what his reads are. There are plays designed to go to 1 place regardless of what actually happens post snap. I agree he probably missed that one.

If Kaaya has 1 strength it's quarterback intelligence and making reads and recognizing coverage. All other criticisms are fair imo

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kaaya is NOT leaving. He doesn't have a single signature victory to his record.

He leaves now, he's Don Strock for the rest of his career.

And to be completely honest with you I'd like to hear an explanation of what he saw on that play. Wasn't the only time they did that same coverage but they typically bracketed Coley or Richards with the safety help. He probably guessed there. It also looked like Coley was just supposed to run the stop route but he improvised and went towards the end zone when the corner almost fell down.

I was shocked that Coley didn't have a huge day because they were using the bracket on Richards and Coley was single coverage very often. UVA realized that Richards was a total mismatch for their number 2 corner and he half help all day. Coley got some extra attention but their corner that was on him all day is pretty decent

Advertisement
Back