Katie Meier contract extension- how much?

atlantadan

5* Recruit
I'm reading she was given a one year extension into 24-25 season. Does anyone know how much this was, guarantees, and what she earns per year?

Advertisement
Miami is a private school doesnt divulge. I would guess 300-400K per season. That is a complete guess though

Advertisement
In fairness, she is consistently getting to the tournament and one day soon, she will get over the hump. I fully support the extension as I have no interest in seeing another coach come in to take a step back for a false hope to go two steps forward.

Most fans don't even know a good women's head coach available right now.

In fairness, she is consistently getting to the tournament and one day soon, she will get over the hump. I fully support the extension as I have no interest in seeing another coach come in to take a step back for a false hope to go two steps forward.

Most fans don't even know a good women's head coach available right now.

You're right and I don't oppose paying her but I think she's kinda regarded (at least around our athletic program/fanbase as a whole) as some accomplished coach when she's actually still on the path to becoming that.

You're right and I don't oppose paying her but I think she's kinda regarded (at least around our athletic program/fanbase as a whole) as some accomplished coach when she's actually still on the path to becoming that.
[/QUOT

As far as basketball is concerned at Miami, expectations are so low that it looks like Coach L and Coach Meier have overachieved. Until we raise the expectations of both programs, we will not know for sure if they are worth the money they are being paid.

I fully support both but making it to the NCAA tournament is no longer an achievement, it is a requirement for every season going forward.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back