Kansas State post game Interviews

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Dude looks beaten down today. His physical 'tells' are so obvious, you can see this one hurt him deeply.

It would hurt me, too, if I came out and openly said there weren't any issues with my best friend's defensive scheme, and then anyone's grandmother can see the flaws in that comment. One of the worse things to happen to Al Golden today was the performance of the University of Maine. We allowed BC to rack up 40% more yards, 25% more first downs, and nearly 100% more passing yards last week than Maine allowed BC to rack up this week. Too small a sample size, obviously. Can't really transfer one game to another.

But, it raises an eyebrow. Something is wrong there.

Advertisement
AG stated several times that we were out coached. Someone needs to ask him for specifics on that.

Dude looks beaten down today. His physical 'tells' are so obvious, you can see this one hurt him deeply.

It would hurt me, too, if I came out and openly said there weren't any issues with my best friend's defensive scheme, and then anyone's grandmother can see the flaws in that comment. One of the worse things to happen to Al Golden today was the performance of the University of Maine. We allowed BC to rack up 40% more yards, 25% more first downs, and nearly 100% more passing yards last week than Maine allowed BC to rack up this week. Too small a sample size, obviously. Can't really transfer one game to another.

Lu, translate for me...wtf does he mean "we never got the ball kicked to the perimeter...our Sam never got the ball to the perimeter"

So it's on Perryman? Not following how that is Golden's summary of the defensive issues.

Last edited:

Lu, translate for me...wtf does he mean "we never got the ball kicked to the perimeter...our Sam never got the ball to the perimeter"

So it's on Perryman? Not following how that is Golden's summary of the defensive issues.

It means they played in the middle of the field, downhill, the entire game. What I noted from that quote was the blatant contradiction in vision. He's trying to get other teams to kick the flow to the perimeter, but he allows his offense to set its foundation on the perimeter? Sounds odd.

Surely, we're gonna look too much into his words. He was noticeably ****ed and down. He probably would have said anything. Frankly, when he was pressed as to what adjustments, I don't think he wanted to answer. He hesitated and then said that ****. My interpretation without being in on any of the calls is that KState ran downhill the entire day. If I were a reporter (a very annoying one, at that), I'd ask if he thinks "kicking the ball to the perimeter" is something that can be effectively and consistently accomplished when you're playing with even numbers in the box or, sometimes, even outmanned in the box (!).

Like I said last week in the "Nix Zone" thread, logic dictates that, between the two options of going in a straight line toward the endzone or going horizontally before you get vertical, a player/team is going to choose the more efficient path. He wants his defense to make other offenses inefficient by taking the longest route to go forward (I realize I'm being obvious) and thereby increasing the risk that THEY will **** something up. I think that's why we see our DL consistently engage and play gap control. What I fail to understand is why we're doing this #1 without truly powerful 2-gap players and #2 without LBs quickly filling or attacking behind that scheme.

I just wrote all of that and realized how ****ed we really are. Awesome.

Advertisement

It means they played in the middle of the field, downhill, the entire game. What I noted from that quote was the blatant contradiction in vision. He's trying to get other teams to kick the flow to the perimeter, but he allows his offense to set its foundation on the perimeter? Sounds odd.

Surely, we're gonna look too much into his words. He was noticeably ****ed and down. He probably would have said anything. Frankly, when he was pressed as to what adjustments, I don't think he wanted to answer. He hesitated and then said that ****. My interpretation without being in on any of the calls is that KState ran downhill the entire day. If I were a reporter (a very annoying one, at that), I'd ask if he thinks "kicking the ball to the perimeter" is something that can be effectively and consistently accomplished when you're playing with even numbers in the box or, sometimes, even outmanned in the box (!).

Like I said last week in the "Nix Zone" thread, logic dictates that, between the two options of going in a straight line toward the endzone or going horizontally before you get vertical, a player/team is going to choose the more efficient path. He wants his defense to make other offenses inefficient by taking the longest route to go forward (I realize I'm being obvious) and thereby increasing the risk that THEY will **** something up. I think that's why we see our DL consistently engage and play gap control. What I fail to understand is why we're doing this #1 without truly powerful 2-gap players and #2 without LBs quickly filling or attacking behind that scheme.

I just wrote all of that and realized how ****ed we really are. Awesome.

It's so foreign to me...it's like picking a slow death rather an going out swinging. Can you imagine Sapp playing gap control? That **** isn't canes football. Is it me or does that gap control philosophy make it more difficult to rush the QB?

Advertisement
Back