Kansas Jayhawks suspend workouts . . .

Advertisement
Who cares about cases? They're spiking as deaths continue to drop. We now know its not dangerous to most. We did a **** poor job of protecting those most vulnerable, but it looks like even the worst is behind them. If we cancel or push football to the spring we're going to look back on how stupid a decision that was.

I doubt ADs and school presidents are all that concerned with sabotaging Trump to the point of destroying the financial viability of their own institutions. Certainly, the leaders of the red states, where football is a religion, aren't concerned with that either.

Not at all. That is why I am hopeful we get football this year. It will cripple so many other sports programs across the board if they dont

Who cares about cases? They're spiking as deaths continue to drop. We now know its not dangerous to most. We did a **** poor job of protecting those most vulnerable, but it looks like even the worst is behind them. If we cancel or push football to the spring we're going to look back on how stupid a decision that was.

The media cares and that's what is driving the narrative. The bar has shifted from deaths to "cases." We will not have college sports so long as "cases" are "spiking." Of course what is not mentioned is we need the "cases" for Covid to eventually go away. And if you could pick one group of people to get Covid it would probably be 18-22yo elite athletes.

Advertisement
Coronavirus is never going to magically disappear...we either have to learn to live with it or we will be playing the “now open” and “now closed” game forever. Very few businesses can function in this way.

I was about to post Kansas has suspended football workouts since Mangino was fired.

Talk about somebody that needs to be in an underground vault with this Covid. What was that guy pushing? I’m gonna guess around 500 large, easily.

Advertisement
He was a good coach though. Got chased out over some PC BS if I remember.

Actually, he’s the best coach Kansas has ever had. Unless there’s some guy from the 1920s that I’ve never heard of. But Kansas was pretty much irrelevant before him, and after him. They’re basically not even a good G5 program. It remains to be seen with that grass eating doofus that is currently their coach does with them

So sad this virus wasn’t controlled here when it first appeared. We shouldn’t be out of control like this now. We’re basically the worst country for it at this point.

CF will go one because it not going on will destroy lots of small towns. Heard the stat on Mad Dog's show that if Bama doesn't play, Tuscaloosa loses $2 billion in revenue this year. Think about what that does to a town like that. And Auburn, and Starkville, and Clemson, and Lincoln, and Stillwater . .

Advertisement
Most of the spiking cases are for a younger demographic. To put the deaths into perspective, half were in nursing homes. Definitely something troublesome for the elderly and people with health issues. This fear mongering by the media is pathetic. Over 1 million people have recovered with 1.5 million still having an active case. The recovery rate is at 44% but will continue to rise due to the younger demographic being able to fight it off.

Coronavirus is never going to magically disappear...we either have to learn to live with it or we will be playing the “now open” and “now closed” game forever. Very few businesses can function in this way.

Yes, it will disappear. But it won't be because of magic, it will be because of science.

Advertisement
I don't know that we can be optimistic about a Spring football season. Given where we are now, a 2nd wave in late Fall could put us in an even worse situation by the end of the year.

There's nothing we can point to that indicates Spring 2021 will be better than it is right now. There's just too many unknowns. So, this Fall may be our best chance to have a season.

Advertisement
Back