Kansas Jayhawks suspend workouts . . .

Advertisement
If college football is cancelled this year then you’re looking at an absolutely brutal future for college sports. There will be so many cuts to non-revenue sports and some smaller athletic programs May straight up fold.

For that reason, I think they will literally do whatever it takes to get a football season in.

If college football is cancelled this year then you’re looking at an absolutely brutal future for college sports. There will be so many cuts to non-revenue sports and some smaller athletic programs May straight up fold.

For that reason, I think they will literally do whatever it takes to get a football season in.
Wait until the tv networks tell them there not getting their money. Programs will crumble right in front of our eyes. Miami could be one of them

Advertisement

Football will be played this year, albeit maybe in the spring worst case.

I’m not ready to concede that just yet. Just because cases are spiking doesn’t mean we go back into lockdown. We need to keep an eye on hospitals and deaths over the next few weeks. Those continue to stay flat in the majority of the country, We will have football this fall
That's what it should all come down to--hospitals and deaths. If that line stays relatively flat we should be good.

Advertisement
That's a smart, albeit meaningless, move because workouts at this point are fairly meaningless. Isolate the guys with the bug. Try to contain the spread. And then resume later.

I thought u we’re going to say: “That’s a smart, albeit meaningless, move b/c they suck at football anyway so there’s nothing to see here.”

lol

Advertisement
It absolutely should. Unfortunately a presidential election falls in the middle of this season though, and people are going to exploit this all the way until then
I doubt ADs and school presidents are all that concerned with sabotaging Trump to the point of destroying the financial viability of their own institutions. Certainly, the leaders of the red states, where football is a religion, aren't concerned with that either.

THIS . There will be college sports this season as there has to be basically but it will be a **** show of missing players and no one in the stands.

Advertisement
That's what it should all come down to--hospitals and deaths. If that line stays relatively flat we should be good.

The problem is that it seems most people are making decisions these days off media pushing the cases spiking. I live in Nashville and we went back a phase because of cases spiking in young adults out at bars. The hospitals are flat, deaths extremely low for a city of 680K people and no one ever talks about that side of it. The media has been terrible throughout. Hopefully those higher up rely on science and true data.

Advertisement
Back