Kamren Kinchens Talks Being State Champ, Updates Recruitment

ON UPCOMING VISITS

“I’m supposed to be going to Florida on March 7. I’m supposed to have Nebraska coming up, too. Texas A&M and Auburn after that. I’m supposed to visit those.”

ON FLORIDA

“Florida is a DBU school, and I like that. That place is pumping out DBs, so how could that not interest me? I’m looking forward to getting up there next month.”

ON NEBRASKA

“It’s just the way they show love. You can tell how interested they are. Three or four different coaches text me and they really want to talk to me. They want me to call them. They want to see how my day is going. I like the way they treat me.”

ON LSU

“I’m still really high on them. They are still talking to me a lot, but they aren't as far out in front as they used to be. They didn’t fall down or anything like that. I just have so many other options now than I did, so other schools came up. You know?”

ON THE SCHOOLS THAT STAND OUT

“Miami, Florida, Nebraska, Auburn, LSU.”

ON AUBURN

“It’s not to the point of Nebraska, where it’s five coaches texting, but they show a lot of love. They have that one coach that texts you every day -- Coach [Wesley] McGriff. I like him a lot.”

ON WESLEY McGRIFF

“His message is that he wants to show me what he can do. He’d rather show me than tell me. He wants to show me how he can get me to the next level. He’s on the phone helping me break down film and stuff. It’s little things like that and it’s really cool.”

ON MIAMI

“As far as they go, they use their location. I mean, it only takes them, like, 15 minutes to get to where I am so they use that. That opens things up for them and it allows me to get to know them.”

Advertisement
Do we have a big junior day event planned for March? All I've been hearing about is UF's junior day and FSU's in march...

One of the most annoying things about our approach to recruiting is we don't go all out the way we should considering our circumstances.

We should have every Defensive coach, Coach Field, Hickson & Diaz himself texting & contacting a talent like Kinchens every single **** day. There shouldn't be a 24 hour time period that passes by without him getting a text or a phone call from somebody on our staff, even in the Dead period.

It's like Nebraska shouldn't be out hustling us for a kid at a school that tries their hardest to send us their best players every year.

Right. Random texts, robo calls or somethin. Smh

ON FLORIDA

“Florida is a DBU school, and I like that. That place is pumping out DBs, so how could that not interest me? I’m looking forward to getting up there next month.”

Got a question since I guess my knowledge of NFL has gone down since the Marino days.

When did UF supposedly start pumping out DB's like Kitchens says in his interview.[/QUOTE]

ON FLORIDA

Got a question since I guess my knowledge of NFL has gone down since the Marino days.

When did UF supposedly start pumping out DB's like Kitchens says in his interview.
[/QUOTE]

Janoris Jenkins, Vernon Hargreaves, Matt Elam, Jalen Tabor, Choad Wilsons kid, Henderson, Haden etc...mostly bust but they got paid.

Advertisement

Janoris Jenkins, Vernon Hargreaves, Matt Elam, Jalen Tabor, Choad Wilsons kid, Henderson, Haden etc...mostly bust but they got paid.
[/QUOTE]

Mostly busts is exactly what I was thinking. I also think Henderson is going to get eaten up in the NFL due to the fact he doesn't like contact.

Just shows how much better UF coaches sell their program. Just think about it, they have a whole 3 more DBs drafted than us since 2010, but they are DBU? We have 5 championships, they have 3 (I think), yet that's where players want to go if they want to win? (I know, SEC). The point is they are selling magic beans to players and we can't sell a fat girl to paranos (no offense to all the big girls out there, you need love too).

Advertisement
There is a gap between the top 4 DB schools and the rest. Miami is in the next group.

The gap between No. 1 and half of those top 4 schools is equal to the gap between Nos. 3 and 4 and UM. On this metric, grouping UiF and o$u with Baga is like grouping UM with o$u and UiF.

The gap between No. 1 and half of those top 4 schools is equal to the gap between Nos. 3 and 4 and UM. On this metric, grouping UiF and o$u with Baga is like grouping UM with o$u and UiF.

There are a bunch of first rounders in the OSU and UF group, though, with two more coming this year. I believe the drop-off is behind them.

There are a bunch of first rounders in the OSU and UF group, though, with two more coming this year. I believe the drop-off is behind them.

That's a fair point. Where these guys are being drafted has to be part of the equation, and we haven't been keeping up on that aspect. Best thing I can say is our guys tend to be good value picks relative to where they get drafted.

BargainDBU doesn't sound as good, though.

Advertisement
One of the most annoying things about our approach to recruiting is we don't go all out the way we should considering our circumstances.

We should have every Defensive coach, Coach Field, Hickson & Diaz himself texting & contacting a talent like Kinchens every single **** day. There shouldn't be a 24 hour time period that passes by without him getting a text or a phone call from somebody on our staff, even in the Dead period.

It's like Nebraska shouldn't be out hustling us for a kid at a school that tries their hardest to send us their best players every year.
Bruh this Nebraska thing literally came up the past year. I don't understand how Miami is being out recruited by teams out of state

Starting to feel like the staff may have a real battle on their hands for Kinchens. You can never count Auburn out of any recruitment if they want a guy. Just saw an update today on Auburn 247 board.

We wouldn’t count out Auburn just yet with 4-star safety Kamren Kinchens of Miami (Fla.) Northwestern. Yes, one of his teammates, receiver Romello Brinson, recently committed to the ‘Canes. Yes, Miami leads in the 247Sports Crystal Ball. Yes, a former Northwestern assistant now coaches at Miami. And … yes, the staff in Coral Gables is said to be fairly confident.

But Auburn continues to believe it is very much in it to land Kinchens, who visited the Tigers earlier this year. In fact, 247Sports Director of Recruiting Steve Wiltfong talked to one source who thinks Kinchens will pick Auburn.

Additionally, one source close to this recruitment told me this: “Auburn has a very realistic chance.”

Now, obviously, neither of us has put in a Crystal Ball pick for Auburn and we continue to dig for intel. But from what we’re hearing, it’s too early to sleep on the SEC school here.

Kinchens plans to announce his decision July 11. He said he will reveal the choice at noon ET on Twitter.

Advertisement
Starting to feel like the staff may have a real battle on their hands for Kinchens. You can never count Auburn out of any recruitment if they want a guy. Just saw an update today on Auburn 247 board.

We wouldn’t count out Auburn just yet with 4-star safety Kamren Kinchens of Miami (Fla.) Northwestern. Yes, one of his teammates, receiver Romello Brinson, recently committed to the ‘Canes. Yes, Miami leads in the 247Sports Crystal Ball. Yes, a former Northwestern assistant now coaches at Miami. And … yes, the staff in Coral Gables is said to be fairly confident.

But Auburn continues to believe it is very much in it to land Kinchens, who visited the Tigers earlier this year. In fact, 247Sports Director of Recruiting Steve Wiltfong talked to one source who thinks Kinchens will pick Auburn.

Additionally, one source close to this recruitment told me this: “Auburn has a very realistic chance.”

Now, obviously, neither of us has put in a Crystal Ball pick for Auburn and we continue to dig for intel. But from what we’re hearing, it’s too early to sleep on the SEC school here.

Kinchens plans to announce his decision July 11. He said he will reveal the choice at noon ET on Twitter.
This is a very concerning post if you’re paying for it.

We need to cut out the James Williams hype train (I’m talking fans) and direct this man some attention. Saw his profile pic is him in an Auburn jersey, too.

This is a very concerning post if you’re paying for it.

His commitment is getting close.....this is the 247 way of saying “ to be continued , oh and purchase itu for all the latest”. I almost forgot hedging , if he happens to pick Auburn they can say “ we told you they were a threat”. If he picks Miami you say “ we said it would be um, luckily we held off auburn” . Lmao.

That sounds like he doesn’t have the nut sack to tell them they already lost lol.

Advertisement
Back