2023 Kamran James DL- Orlando

I think 10 is the right number personally, 2-3 redshirting at any one time leaves 7-8 guys to play, be a backup, be hurt, or eventually transfer out in a given season. at least one of those recruits from each cycle won't make it 4 years here so I think it sorts itself out. I'd like to see 18-20 DT+DE on the rooster every year.
I can't recall the last time we had anywhere close to 10 DTs on our roster.We seem to always be around 6-8 at most.Same for DE.

Advertisement
I can't recall the last time we had anywhere close to 10 DTs on our roster.We seem to always be around 6-8 at most.Same for DE.
which is problematic. according to 247 the two teams that played for the title have 19 and 23 DT+DE currently, and we have 13. You need enough bodies to make sure you get enough hits on your evals and have depth.

if you read Ivins article on him, the kid's coach admits that he's been saying publicly for 8 years that his school doesn't ever have major school talent lol. so it's pretty easy to understand why he would fly under the radar. but honestly, if this kid was getting scouted by Bama last month and then showed up to an Under Armour camp and lit it on fire and is now being evaluated by every major program in the Southeast, I don't think you can really say he's under the radar anymore.

Alabama has also expressed interest.

"They came to the school [in January], which shocked me because usually we don't have anybody for them. And I have been saying that for the past eight years. We don't have Alabama kids," Gabriel said. "But when [the coach] came in, he wanted to know about this James kid and if he was really 6-6. So, when he saw him, he was like, 'Wow.' And then he was then like, 'Coach, that kid fits what we look for at Alabama. Big and long.'"

The coach had a kid like that and had to be talked into showing him off to Bama? His size and his ability to move should have been enough for his coach to try.

The coach had a kid like that and had to be talked into showing him off to Bama? His size and his ability to move should have been enough for his coach to try.

My thoughts also considering Coach Hayes used to be the head coach at Olympia HS a few years back and still has ties in the area. But whatever the case maybe up to this point in kamran James haphazard recruitment, things have now taken a 180 degree turn especially with him getting a Miami offer.

It seems someone is pushing him hard to UF , Kamran has been to Gainesville 4 or 5 times over the last few months. He managed an unofficial upto univ of Cincinnati for their junior day. He is also recieved a few $EC offers ( Bama, UT, UF, UGA, Ark, ole miss) and is now a 4* .

Go Canes

Last edited:
My thoughts also considering Coach Hayes used to be the head coach at Olympia HS a few years back and still has ties in the area. But whatever the case maybe up to this point in kamran James haphazard recruitment, things have now taken a 180 degree turn especially with him getting a Miami offer.

It seems someone is pushing him hard to UF , Kamran has been to Gainesville 4 or 5 times over the last few months. He managed an unofficial upto univ of Cincinnati for their junior day. He is also recieved a few $EC offers ( Bama, UT, UF, UGA, Ark, ole miss) and is now a 4* .

Go Canes

Yeah, Gaytors definitely think he is theirs for the taking. Especially "if they push".

Advertisement
This young man went from no stars to 4 * hmmm.

Go Canes

Big mobile DTs with a motor is hard to find. You don't know who is just bigger than the competition and who has room to grow. Basketball players are usually good projections though. If we break Lizard hearts am all for it.

This young man went from no stars to 4 * hmmm.

Go Canes
Didn’t geta post his profile in Feb and he was a 4 star composite?

Didn’t geta post his profile in Feb and he was a 4 star composite?

Yeah @gogeta4 started the thread, I am more pointing at the young men went from unranked to a 4* based on his size and UF recruiting buzz.. Would I like Miami to evaluate Kamran and possibly offer him as a developmental project,, yes!!

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
His DAD told me they are gonna visit us- so I'm sure there is communication with staff.

QUOTE="Paranos, post: 5931727, member: 4597"]
Yeah @gogeta4 started the thread, I am more pointing at the young men went from unranked to a 4* based on his size and UF recruiting buzz.. Would I like Miami to evaluate Kamran and possibly offer him as a developmental project,, yes!!

Go Canes
[/QUOTE]

First time poster… but lonnng time lurker. I have some intel on this kid so I figured I’d share. My first post so don’t ream me too bad, lol.

Like another poster I’ve spoken to his dad too and his exact words to me were “If it were up to me he’d go to Florida… but I’m letting him make his own decision. He really likes Cincinnati. We went up there and he really loved it.”

Kam is a good kid and I think he ultimately moves inside as others have stated but I’m not sure that’s the plan he envisions for himself so that may play a part in his decision/recruitment.

FWIW…The Olympia vs Dr. Phillips game last year he was handled by Payton Kirkland fairly easily. PK kept Kam’s impact on the game to very minimal. I think Kam’s potential is high but PK is a much more polished OT than Kam is as a DE.

Also, in speaking to a local trainer /coach he brought up Kam’s name and said he doesn’t like his pass rush (skills) at all…called it “basic”. This coach is also PK’s, Malik Bryant and Derrick LeBlanc’s trainer and he was Tyler Davis’ (Clemson) trainer when he was in HS so I guess he has a little cred. But that’s just one man’s opinion.

And to clarify Coach Gabriel’s statement regarding Olympia’s talent level… when he said they “don’t have Alabama kids” he talking about measurables. Bama usually won’t recruit a 6’4 200 DE regardless of production. They like their kids to look a certain way. But Olympia has had BCS level talent before.

SN: Olympia’s HC is Travis Gabriel (former Raider WR Doug Gabriel’s older brother). Doug was their OC last year

First time poster… but lonnng time lurker. I have some intel on this kid so I figured I’d share. My first post so don’t ream me too bad, lol.

Like another poster I’ve spoken to his dad too and his exact words to me were “If it were up to me he’d go to Florida… but I’m letting him make his own decision. He really likes Cincinnati. We went up there and he really loved it.”

Kam is a good kid and I think he ultimately moves inside as others have stated but I’m not sure that’s the plan he envisions for himself so that may play a part in his decision/recruitment.

FWIW…The Olympia vs Dr. Phillips game last year he was handled by Payton Kirkland fairly easily. PK kept Kam’s impact on the game to very minimal. I think Kam’s potential is high but PK is a much more polished OT than Kam is as a DE.

Also, in speaking to a local trainer /coach he brought up Kam’s name and said he doesn’t like his pass rush (skills) at all…called it “basic”. This coach is also PK’s, Malik Bryant and Derrick LeBlanc’s trainer and he was Tyler Davis’ (Clemson) trainer when he was in HS so I guess he has a little cred. But that’s just one man’s opinion.

And to clarify Coach Gabriel’s statement regarding Olympia’s talent level… when he said they “don’t have Alabama kids” he talking about measurables. Bama usually won’t recruit a 6’4 200 DE regardless of production. They like their kids to look a certain way. But Olympia has had BCS level talent before.

SN: Olympia’s HC is Travis Gabriel (former Raider WR Doug Gabriel’s older brother). Doug was their OC last year
Good intel

That’s about as good a first post you could have. Thanks for sharing brother

Advertisement

I see u furious coming to CIS dropping knowledge just like you did on "Boyz in the Hood"

boyz_n_the_hood.png
12boyz-notebook4-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

Welcome aboard......post more often..

Advertisement

"Lonnng time lurker", you say? Please answer these five questions:

1. Spell the last name of the former UM WR nicknamed "The Playmaker".
2. Practice or Practise? Choose one.
3. Name the greatest troll in the history of CIS.
4. Fill in the blank: "Guys, I'm starting to feel a little nervous about tomorrow's game, tell me we ________."
5. What is the first name of NYSOM's BFF?

4. Fill in the blank: "Guys, I'm starting to feel a little nervous about tomorrow's game, tell me we ________."
Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Need to know his opinions on Dan Sileo and if he knows the identity of Deejay's Ace

Advertisement
Back