Kamonte Grimes

After AR82 we had Berrios the next big producer. After that it hasn't been much, we might have one WR every other game show potential..

Advertisement
Well part of it has to do with the fact we had a coaching change at OC & WR coach, so different coaches eval & offer prospects for a multitude of reasons.

Sometimes we offer early because we see a kid up close at a local camp & sometimes (often times too many) we're late to the party.

But in this predicament with on/off campus recruiting being shut down & C-19 essentially bringing everything to a complete halt, it's understandable why some of the offers that we probably should've dished out earlier are coming a lil later.

Overall, it's not really a big deal. Early offers both matter & don't matter at the same time, it really just depends on the kid & how his recruitment is going. Both Christian Williams & Isaiah Dunson were late offers & they both signed with Miami because they simply wanted to.

Kids feel slighted by late offers from Miami because they think due to how bad we've been over the years that we should be offering them from day 1, but the other side to that coin is when we do, they usually just use us as a placeholder until they get the offer from the school they really want & will decommit & flip in the blink of an eye.
Thanks El.. I agree and disagree!!

20200626_195211.jpg

Advertisement
He's a smooth runner with the ball in his hands. I wouldn't mind having him but there are definitely other WRs ahead of him on the board. I wish he could play CB.

Advertisement
How good is he as a DB?

I think he played primarily safety at his size, and once again we have a couple of dudes higher on our board than him, namely Williams, Kinchens, and Smith. Just not a take for us either side I think.

If we had more space in this class I'd definitely think he was a take.

Problem is we have very limited room & unless it's clear what we're recruiting him as I don't see how we take him unless we miss on others kids.

At WR, Brashard Smith is the clear #3, if he stiffs us & commits to Tenn or AU then I'd be good with Grimes in this class. But even then he'd probably still be behind Yulkeith.

At DB, he's a Safety, could potentially play CB too but he'd be another project that takes a few years before he'd be ready to go & given we already have 2 development kids committed at Corner wouldn't make sense to add another.

He's good multipurpose ATH that in any other year I would love if we signed him, but this year Idk if we'll be able to make room for him or if we're even all that interested.

Advertisement
I'm guessing Neb or KY, Maryland is actually putting together a **** good recruiting class & locking down the DMV
No they aren't! Lol look Caleb left, dude at WIse HS not going there.. all those St. Frances kids leaving. The OL going to clemson .. Leigh ignored him. T. Henderson did the same thing.

Lol he getting some but he will be out of a job if he doesn't start winning soon enough

Committed to Nebraska.

Nebraska and UCF were the only schools that sent official offers.

EDIT: Michigan sent an official offer too but they took the commitment of 3* in-state WR Andrel Anthony right after & got commitments from 4* California WRs Cristian Dixon & Xavier Worthy (speed demon I made a thread about)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back