Kamonte Grimes

Advertisement

6'2 185lbs 4-star ATH from out of Naples, goes to 6A Palmetto Ridge.

Dual sport athlete that plays both Football & Basketball.

Had 640 all purpose yards his Junior year (28rec 578yds receiving) & had 223yds receiving, 130yds rushing & 240yds passing his Sophomore season.

Versatile athlete playing QB, RB, WR & S, has a good physical frame & is a long stride runner with good hands. His route running is raw & isn't all that refined but they don't ask him to be a route technician, he's just a pure athlete that they put the ball in his hands in every way possible, has the traits & upside to be coached up into a good WR.

Holds offers from Oh St, Arkansas, Utah, Michigan, Kentucky, Tennessee, UNC, Pitt, UVA, UCF, Nebraska, USF, Temple, Cincinnati & Maryland.

Had 640 all purpose yards his Junior year (28rec 578yds receiving) & had 223yds receiving, 130yds rushing & 240yds passing his Sophomore season.

Versatile athlete playing QB, RB, WR & S, has a good physical frame & is a long stride runner with good hands. His route running is raw & isn't all that refined but they don't ask him to be a route technician, he's just a pure athlete that they put the ball in his hands in every way possible, has the traits & upside to be coached up into a good WR.

Holds offers from Oh St, Arkansas, Utah, Michigan, Kentucky, Tennessee, UNC, Pitt, UVA, UCF, Nebraska, USF, Temple, Cincinnati & Maryland.

Allen Hurns

Advertisement
Naples (Fla.) Palmetto Ridge High School WR Kamonte Grimes picked up a Miami Hurricanes scholarship offer March 28.

He now has 24 offers.

“I’ll be considering Miami,” Grimes said. “My recruitment is 100 percent open, so everybody is in the running.”

He’d planned spring visits to Ohio State, Michigan and Kentucky and is unsure now when those might happen.

“I’ll also probably visit Miami once things with the virus get cleared up,” Grimes said.

Grimes added the offer during an hour-long phone conversation with WR coach Rob Likens last week.

“That was my first time talking to him,” Grimes said. “We were just chopping it up, talking about the coronavirus, he said what he liked about my film. He offered early in the conversation and then we just started talking.”

Grimes’ reaction to the UM offer?

“I really wasn’t expecting it,” Grimes said. “Miami’s been recruiting me for a minute but weren’t really heavily recruiting me before this.”

Just asking, why UM just offering this kid? He's from FL and I know they have seen him and knew about him... Why the offer came his Senior year?

@LibertyCityEl
Why is Miami just offering this kid? How a recruit from FL has that many offers and Miami (like always- late to offer a in-state recruit)!!

Advertisement
Because we recruit from Dade out
Oh yeah.. MIAMI needs to upgrade it's recruiting staff!! Coaches/recruiting analysis and etc., MIAMI is putting out offer late to recruits that are in-state.. I hate to say it, BUT this is why our CANES are always left at the alter.. Our staff needs to put out offers sooner especially for the in-state guys!!

Oh yeah.. MIAMI needs to upgrade it's recruiting staff!! Coaches/recruiting analysis and etc., MIAMI is putting out offer late to recruits that are in-state.. I hate to say it, BUT this is why our CANES are always left at the alter.. Our staff needs to put out offers sooner especially for the in-state guys!!

Recruiting WR in Florida is a double edge sword. Just too much talent. Probably the deepest position in the state year after year.

This WR class, Dade is so deep in the position that it is hard to concentrate on a kid on the other side of the state. He was probably always going to get an offer with an evaluation.

Advertisement
Recruiting WR in Florida is a double edge sword. Just too much talent. Probably the deepest position in the state year after year.

This WR class, Dade is so deep in the position that it is hard to concentrate on a kid on the other side of the state. He was probably always going to get an offer with an evaluation.
I agree, WR is very deep in SoFla.. BUT the problem is UM isn't getting the top guys.. SoFla produce the best WRs, MIAMI is having trouble keeping them home.. And this is the problem, not getting the player's that are game-changer type but settling for above average, But it takes 2 or 3 years before these WR take off, since AR who has been our top WR, please don't say JT!!

@LibertyCityEl
Why is Miami just offering this kid? How a recruit from FL has that many offers and Miami (like always- late to offer a in-state recruit)!!

Because they may have liked a lot of other kids better...He's a nice athlete and I'd prob take him, but the OSU offer almost assuredly isn't committable and it's not like that offer list is heavyweights.

I agree, WR is very deep in SoFla.. BUT the problem is UM isn't getting the top guys.. SoFla produce the best WRs, MIAMI is having trouble keeping them home.. And this is the problem, not getting the player's that are game-changer type but settling for above average, But it takes 2 or 3 years before these WR take off, since AR who has been our top WR, please don't say JT!!

I would probably say Mike Hartley.

But I will always say, Diaz main mistakes was Letting Dugans and Hartley go.

Advertisement

I think Wiggins flashed and would have had a big 2h if had any OL/QB play and 1 game played in a downpour

I think he takes a HUGE step and ends up an NFL player

I think Wiggins flashed and would have had a big 2h if had any OL/QB play and 1 game played in a downpour

I think he takes a HUGE step and ends up an NFL player

It looked like it was beginning to click for Wiggins.

Pope this offense seems like the type he would flourish in..and i like the extra outside work he is currently getting in.

@LibertyCityEl
Well part of it has to do with the fact we had a coaching change at OC & WR coach, so different coaches eval & offer prospects for a multitude of reasons.

Sometimes we offer early because we see a kid up close at a local camp & sometimes (often times too many) we're late to the party.

But in this predicament with on/off campus recruiting being shut down & C-19 essentially bringing everything to a complete halt, it's understandable why some of the offers that we probably should've dished out earlier are coming a lil later.

Overall, it's not really a big deal. Early offers both matter & don't matter at the same time, it really just depends on the kid & how his recruitment is going. Both Christian Williams & Isaiah Dunson were late offers & they both signed with Miami because they simply wanted to.

Kids feel slighted by late offers from Miami because they think due to how bad we've been over the years that we should be offering them from day 1, but the other side to that coin is when we do, they usually just use us as a placeholder until they get the offer from the school they really want & will decommit & flip in the blink of an eye.

Advertisement
Back