Kamalu finally bought in...

Advertisement
wow deez dudes r bumbs

even the players dont want to gain weight lol thats all u need to know

Lol at he bought in. It was probably more of a "gain weight or you're not playing" type of buy in.

the idea that the team is closer and have a strong bond is such a farce. Subtle tidbits like Kamalu having to gain weight tell a different story

Since it is obvious now (well really, it's been obvious but after another off-season and the pictures nobody should have a doubt) that the entire program is trolling us, this just doesn't register a blip on my radar. Nothing to get shocked or upset about. They need some new material.

Obvious trolls are obvious.

Advertisement
one more seaso of this ****. I will contribute for fuggin parade after Golden is fired. I will buy a case of eggs to throw at that SOB as he moves out of SFla

Im torn on this...on one hand I agree with you guys when you say that Golden is putting unnecessary weight on these kids. He singlehandedly destroyed Chicks college career. BUT...the one player that reminds me of Kamalu a little is a player that also refused to gain weight and play his natural position at UM and didn't finally "see the light" until he got to the NFL...that player is...Allen Bailey...and $25M later he is happy as a pig in slop weighing 295-300lbs and playing SDE and DT in some instances.

Could that be Kamalu? He doesn't strike me as a fast twitch athlete like AQM or CThomas. He seems more in the mold of ABailey to me. And if he wants to have a career in the NFL...then he might need to bulk up a little.

Kamalu is a freak physical wise. He prob doesn't even look 295. He will probably carry that weight well. Chick didn't carry it well at all.

Last edited:
In the defense we should be playing, he could have been effective as a 280-285 lb disruptive 4-3 DT. Instead, we'll have him play as a 295 lb 3-4 DE/DT who is asked to just hold his ground. As usual, another example of fitting our players into our ineffective scheme, instead of doing what Golden said he was going to do when he got here, which was to fit our scheme around our players.

Im torn on this...on one hand I agree with you guys when you say that Golden is putting unnecessary weight on these kids. He singlehandedly destroyed Chicks college career. BUT...the one player that reminds me of Kamalu a little is a player that also refused to gain weight and play his natural position at UM and didn't finally "see the light" until he got to the NFL...that player is...Allen Bailey...and $40M later he is happy as a pig in slop weighing 295-300lbs and playing SDE and DT in some instances.

Could that be Kamalu? He doesn't strike me as a fast twitch athlete like AQM or CThomas. He seems more in the mold of ABailey to me. And if he wants to have a career in the NFL...then he might need to bulk up a little.

Kamalu is a freak physical wise. He prob doesn't even look 295. He will probably carry that weight well. Chick didn't carry it well at all.

Where are you getting that he's a physical freak? What's that based on because he is slow as molasses.

Advertisement
D'onofrio said starting defensive end Ufomba Kamalu agreed to gain weight after fighting it in past years and is now 295, up from 270. "He bought in on that; he can play end, tackle, nose on third down."

They say consistency is a good thing, but I'm not so sure that consistently choosing to make your team less athletic is....

Except there are a number of players who lost weight as directed by the coaches, depending on their position. Kamalu will never be a fast DE, he is built for being a player that is moved along the line to play inside and out.

I'm a little unsure as to why they put so much emphasis on weight. A great example is when Shanahan was running that offense in Denver there wasn't an Olinemen over 310, they were just athletic and strong.
It seems that these coaches equate strength with weight, which is ridiculous. If the guy can play 0, 1, 3, or 5 tech at 275 and is better then the rest then let him. Now that I see that D'Onofrio actually puts tonnes of stock in weight, he truly is a terrible coach.
I saw a head coach i once worked with use the book "Coaching for Dummies" (for football) and he dog eared the page where you looked at body types, i.e. weight and height and that's how you put them in certain positions. While hat works to some extent, it certainly be used as a direction not a rule. Seems like that's the only page they seem to care about.
Just get a bunch of good sized, aggressive to the bone, fast freaks with tonnes of dog in 'em and I'll guarantee you'll have a winning team.

Dam these coaches are Pop Warner.

Im torn on this...on one hand I agree with you guys when you say that Golden is putting unnecessary weight on these kids. He singlehandedly destroyed Chicks college career. BUT...the one player that reminds me of Kamalu a little is a player that also refused to gain weight and play his natural position at UM and didn't finally "see the light" until he got to the NFL...that player is...Allen Bailey...and $40M later he is happy as a pig in slop weighing 295-300lbs and playing SDE and DT in some instances.

Where are you getting that he's a physical freak? What's that based on because he is slow as molasses.

When I said physical wise I meant that buddy is built like a tank. I bet we wont even notice that he is 295. He had very little body fat at 270.... I didn't necessarily mean speed and quickness.

Advertisement
Im torn on this...on one hand I agree with you guys when you say that Golden is putting unnecessary weight on these kids. He singlehandedly destroyed Chicks college career. BUT...the one player that reminds me of Kamalu a little is a player that also refused to gain weight and play his natural position at UM and didn't finally "see the light" until he got to the NFL...that player is...Allen Bailey...and $25M later he is happy as a pig in slop weighing 295-300lbs and playing SDE and DT in some instances.

Kamalu isnt half the athlete bailey was and is. Bailey is a freak of nature. And bailey did play defensive tackle his whole last season here, go watch the last time we beat fsu, he was a force from dt that whole game.

D'onofrio said starting defensive end Ufomba Kamalu agreed to gain weight after fighting it in past years and is now 295, up from 270. "He bought in on that; he can play end, tackle, nose on third down."

They say consistency is a good thing, but I'm not so sure that consistently choosing to make your team less athletic is....

Maybe I can get a scholarship from Al and Mark. ****, I go 300 easy and am willing to add 15lbs a year on free food no problem. I'm 63 and can't move much but that only means I don't have any bad habits to unlearn. Grabbing on the Olineman and holding on for dear life would fit perfectly in my wheelhouse.

Arehel;2269065[B said:
]I'm a little unsure as to why they put so much emphasis on weight.[/B] A great example is when Shanahan was running that offense in Denver there wasn't an Olinemen over 310, they were just athletic and strong.
It seems that these coaches equate strength with weight, which is ridiculous. If the guy can play 0, 1, 3, or 5 tech at 275 and is better then the rest then let him. Now that I see that D'Onofrio actually puts tonnes of stock in weight, he truly is a terrible coach.
I saw a head coach i once worked with use the book "Coaching for Dummies" (for football) and he dog eared the page where you looked at body types, i.e. weight and height and that's how you put them in certain positions. While hat works to some extent, it certainly be used as a direction not a rule. Seems like that's the only page they seem to care about.
Just get a bunch of good sized, aggressive to the bone, fast freaks with tonnes of dog in 'em and I'll guarantee you'll have a winning team.

Dam these coaches are Pop Warner.

Have you seen any pictures of Al and Mark?

Advertisement
And bailey did play defensive tackle his whole last season here, go watch the last time we beat fsu, he was a force from dt that whole game.

Correct. I don't remember AB being asked to gain weight...IIRC, I think it was Randy Shannon that said He outgrew the DE position, just like He outgrew the MLB position He fantasized playing LOL. But in any event, yeah, AB was a freak, that kid's physique was unreal even in pads.

Bull! I hate the staff more than anyone! But no way that's real.

Advertisement
Back