Kam is NOT an All-American

Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

Confused...

What did I miss?

Advertisement
Apparently, a lot. Go back to sleep

A lot of what? *****ing and moaning throughout the season?

Season is over. Kam is a Cane, and is headed to the league. Same posters that have **** on him will give him props if/when he balls out.

Seems disingenuous to me. But I'll go take a nap.

Advertisement
What exactly do you expect from a DB? What are you bases this on other than a few times he got beat deep. Even Reed got beat a few times in college.

He is not perfect but he is still one of the best in college ball.

Go take a look at the other safeties in the draft or prior drafts and see if they ever got beat deep or made mistakes. I think maybe you are overlooking everything he brings to the D and focusing on a few mistakes. I think maybe you need to adjust what it is you expect from from him.

He didn't say anything that isn't 100% accurate and he didn't say he was the biggest problem sp lets bot make stuff up.
I don’t understand why people get so bent out of shape when you point out honest criticism of a player.

I literally typed “he’s a good player and sometimes great” but that gets ignored and then I get asked “why do you think he’s our biggest problem?” Nowhere did I type that or even suggest it.

A lot of what? *****ing and moaning throughout the season?

Season is over. Kam is a Cane, and is headed to the league. Same posters that have **** on him will give him props if/when he balls out.

Seems disingenuous to me. But I'll go take a nap.
You realize this post was started on Oct 14, 2023, right?

Advertisement
Kids good… he gambles a bit but tries to trust his eyes and film study.

Depends on what coordinator he has in the league.. if it’s a Dan Quinn type who values instincts and aggressiveness he will have a great career… if he’s in a more passive defense they will criticize his play style till they run him out of town

Last edited:
Advertisement
Agreed. He's vastly overrated cause some nice (and some easy) INT's and cuz hes a locker room leader. As a player, he's very average. Your safety cant be a boom or bust guy who gives up big TDs all the time. I would take Jaquan Johnson or Sheldrick Redwine over Kam every day.
I was 100% in agreement until you put sheldrick redwine into that conversation. As much as cam gives up its not even in comparison to what redwine did his entire time here minus half of one season.Cams biggest issue is he's a ballpark and he plays outside of the system often(aka he takes on too much from play to play. As a teammate you love to have someone who's got your back. As a coach it's here we go again. Problem majority of the time is fans don't understand the numerous breakdowns that got you to that point. For instance the play on gt winning td. End result obviously cam bit and allowed wr to break contain. To get to that point middle backer was lost shallow, corner released into dump off because situational awareness was minimum considering the time and the down. Chantz i believe it was kept containment opposed to attacking regardless of line of scrimmage quickly approaching to pressure a very innacurate qb. Cam seeing reciever wide open at a spot where easy completion gives up easy field goal attempt to win the game bit on that route opposed to keeping his assignment being over top and trusting your help. So while cam definitely ****ed up it took 3 to 4 issues to get to that point.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This won't be popular, but Kam is absolutely not an All-American. He got burnt for the TD against GT last week and gave up big plays (and at least 1 TD) this week. JW is a 15-yard penalty waiting to happen. Everyone wants to bask TVD and he deserves some blame, but Kam and JW can't stop anything
100 percent true, missed to many big time plays to be an all american, he single highhandedly cost us a few touchdowns by himself on defense

Advertisement
Back