Kam and JW are apparently leaving

Kam will be a borderline first rounder so he’ll be fine JW might not get drafted till the 4th or 5th round

Advertisement
I can see JW as a Jayron Kearse type. Wherever he goes they need to have a legit plan for him. When Arizona took Simmons they didn’t have a plan for him. JW will need to go to a team that has a role specifically carved out and I believe the JW can thrive in a situation like that. I think Dallas would be a really good fit with Dan Quinn running the D.

JW better be guaranteed to go in the first 2 rounds? JW only hope is to run a 4.6? Some of these porsts are ridiculous. JW and Kam are going in top 3 rounds and will play on the NFL a long time. Nothing left to prove in college.

Last edited:
Advertisement
No Way GIF by GIPHY News
Williams has one of the best coverage grades for a safety in college football. Teams value upside just as much as they do college film. James has the higher NFL ceiling then Kam.

Kam has a late round 2 - early round 3 grade (could go higher and probably will because his interview process should go well)

James Williams- 4th/5th round (all fit related with him)
That’s what I’ve been saying for Kam. Late second was his ceiling. Third more realistic. I’m intrigued to see how GM’s / scouts view KK’s film.

He will get drafted you said drafted high.
I think he'll be drafted high. IE at least third round, he was way more impactful than people gave him credit for. Even simple things like getting his teammates lined up correctly when they were in the wrong spot benefited us this season. I do think he'll have to accept the hybrid S/LB role to fully maximize his potential. Truthfully I think James will rise up draft boards and Kam will drop closer to April. Largely because of Kam's uneven year and lack of measurables but both will play for a long time.

Happy for both guys. It was delusional to think they would stick around after going 7-5 with the hope that we would turn this around next year AND that they stay healthy enough not to hurt their draft stock. If they were given top 90 pick grades, they had no choice. With some good interviews and good combine showings..they might can improve on those grades to sneak into the top 60.

JW looks the part. Some DC will fall in love with him. All it takes is one team.
Kam will be a 2 time AA. What else was there for him to accomplish? Good luck kid!

Advertisement
I think he'll be drafted high. IE at least third round, he was way more impactful than people gave him credit for. Even simple things like getting his teammates lined up correctly when they were in the wrong spot benefited us this season. I do think he'll have to accept the hybrid S/LB role to fully maximize his potential. Truthfully I think James will rise up draft boards and Kam will drop closer to April. Largely because of Kam's uneven year and lack of measurables but both will play for a long time.
If he runs 4.65 as he looks on tape he won't go before day 3. I'd bet any amount on that.

best of luck to both but they should probably come back another year. James is going to turn some scouts off when he says he is only a safety won’t put on the weight to play LB.

Advertisement
JW does not have good film. His only hope to be drafted high is running sub 4.6.
Agreed. His hope is that a DC falls in love with his measurables (assuming that goes well) and believes he would be a great scheme fit.

It would be hard for me to believe he goes higher than the third round.

Advertisement
Kam has a late round 2 - early round 3 grade (could go higher and probably will because his interview process should go well)

James Williams- 4th/5th round (all fit related with him)
If Williams knows that is his grade and still bounces, that is interesting.

Advertisement
Back