Kalem Reddix

Advertisement
Idk if you guys care about stats, but Reddix is 4th in the nation in receiving yards.

He has 76rec 1,535yds & 19TD's this season.

Advertisement
[TWEET]884086669716189185[/TWEET]
Remember this kid? Well, he decided to forgo his College Football career to join the Army.

He wasn't recruited by Army to play Football, he just wanted to serve his Country.

Has nothing to do with anything, I just thought it was a pretty dope story.

Man, great story, thx for posting. Aside from doing amazing stuff for our country, great flag football leagues in the military. I had a former college QB throwing to me and a WR opposite me who had played at U.K.

Don't want to hate on the kid, but you can always go the army.

sounds like he's thinking about a career in the military, and if that's the case then it's a good choice. he'll be able to retire with a pension at 38 years old and still be young enough to apply his skills on the civilian side while drawing that pension. The military can be a very good career option for many, especially when you decide to make it a career early on.

Advertisement
We need more young men like dis man. Country has lots of enemys that need killin.

Remember this kid? Well, he decided to forgo his College Football career to join the Army.

He wasn't recruited by Army to play Football, he just wanted to serve his Country.

LCE I have a whole different take on the military than you do. Similar to what crimson said. If you get killed or come back with PTSD that's a life changer. I have two uncles and a cousin.. I'll take a free education any day of the week. He go at 22 with his degree and accomplish the same thing. I'm not even talking about football. I know so many young men without his God given talent.

Best of luck to him. That's amazing.

LCE I have a whole different take on the military than you do. Similar to what crimson said. If you get killed or come back with PTSD that's a life changer. I have two uncles and a cousin.. I'll take a free education any day of the week. He go at 22 with his degree and accomplish the same thing. I'm not even talking about football. I know so many young men without his God given talent.

I think it's admirable what he's doing. And that's with my experience being in the military while going to Iraq. It's a roll of the dice on how you come out of the military.

The kid could also lose his scholarship if the team he went to decides to cut him from the team (look at players that transfer out annually). Also, going into the military allows you to use the GI BIll (or whatever they call it now) and get an education as well. I'm currently using it and more than halfway through grad school.

Advertisement
While I agree that the army isn't the best choice (from my perspective), I think you guys are missing the point about respecting his decision. Regardless of what we think, this is what he want's to do and I wish him the best.

Definitely respect his motive. Just wish he had chosen the Air Force. We could use upstanding young men like him.

I don't actually have a take, I just thought it was an interesting story considering how it started out.

Would I have done the same thing, nope... But I respect him for doing it.

I have multiple family members in 3 branches of the Military & each of them have completely different views on their time in the service.

Advertisement
I loved the Air Force...Did 19 years overseas...worked w amazing talents, met great people...and it was a team with as much equal opportunity as I have seen. Light years ahead of the civilian world in terms of promoting diversity, integrity, fair play...oh and the long forgotten thing called leadership...not saying it was perfect, but My experience was great, and I'd do it all over again if I could. Im blessed and know not everyone had my experience, and I pray for my brothers and sisters that didn't come home or that have issues...they gave the ultimate sacrifices that my family and I do not forget or take for granted.

Well if we cant have him, rather him be in the service than putting on somewhere else.

Advertisement
Back