Kai-Leon Herbert

doctaj11

Freshman
What is the word on him. I know he was a consensus 4*. I have not heard much about him, does anyone know if he is developing or what his story is?

Advertisement
What is the word on him. I know he was a consensus 4*. I have not heard much about him, does anyone know if he is developing or what his story is?

Only thing I remember about this guy's HS tape was how unimpressed I was with his get-off/tenacity. Big, but ehh.

Maybe Searles is showing him something.

Advertisement
Sometimes these kids are crowned to fast, based on circumstance.... Here's the reality, he garnered alot of attention because of the HS he played for, they were successful, he had good size, so naturally the offers were going to come, and this all equates to - bingo 4 Stars!

I think the kid can make something of himself... He just has to put it together.

Like most o-lineman, might take him to his JR or SR year before he contributes. Navaughn was a grown man at birth.

Yeah, came into Miami with that shoulder injury. Still recovering which is why he isn’t standing out imo. In addition to that he needs to get stronger
Difficult to really work upper body hard with a lingering shoulder injury like that.

Advertisement
Like most o-lineman, might take him to his JR or SR year before he contributes. Navaughn was a grown man at birth.

And that’s how it should be... take a shirt getvin the weight room/eat good and take meaningful snaps as a 20/21 year old man

These type of thread titles are the absolute worst during fall camp, you open them expecting the first line to be about some season ending injury, arrest or suspension

Lingering issues usually never get fully healed. Hope he can regain strength and have an impact during his career. Kid is athletic and talented but shoulders for oline can be tough to overcome.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Herbert has plenty of time to develop still. But this is where the OL recruiting not being where it needs to be shows up.

We have 4 Star guys that may not be ready until they're upperclassmen, or get hurt, or just don't work out for whatever reason.

Getting 4 4 Star OL over a 3 year period just isn't enough.

A pull for all these kids but his performance has nothing to do with his shoulder. At this point it’s his abilities or lack there of

I was never that high on him but he came needing to put on weight and get a lot stronger....so a shoulder injury can certainly hamper his development.

A pull for all these kids but his performance has nothing to do with his shoulder. At this point it’s his abilities or lack there of

Have you ever injured your shoulder? It sucks, and if its bad you can't do any lifting. Seems like Herbert has a recurring issue, which is bad news because even if he can practice, his strength won't be there.

This kid missed all of last year with a shoulder that required surgery, and you say it has nothing to do with his performance?

That's just dumb, no other way to put it

Advertisement
Back