Kai-Leon Herbert de-commits from Michigan

I'm not too sure how much meaning the timing of his decommitment has, but I would love for you guys to be right. We definitely still need help on the O-line

Advertisement
Rivals saying its UF lol

Did UF already hire an OL coach?

No but it'll either be Memphis' coach or Jeff Stoutland per insiders. Who knows though hiring staff has been a disaster so far, Locksley and Mario were supposed to be coming too.

Just FYI in December when you need an interim coach Stoutland sucks.

Why in the holy **** would Stoutland leave the NFL and the Eagles for the Gators?

JC

I would take him but not a big fan of his game. He's probably a guard and if he does play tackle its definitely RT. He lacks a punch, has slow feet and more of a finesse blocker. Not a big loss if he chooses UFag.

I would take him but not a big fan of his game. He's probably a guard and if he does play tackle its definitely RT. He lacks a punch, has slow feet and more of a finesse blocker. Not a big loss if he chooses UFag.

I've only seen his jr year tape and some camp reps but I agree. I have concerns over his ability to pass protect. But OL is tough to evaluate and he has size and some talent so he can prob help.

Just checked out Hillerys senior tape and I'm thinking he's an underrated pickup. Great frame and feet for a guy his size. He's a real tackle prospect. A little raw and lunges too much but I think he has the tools to e coached up into a good one. between Donaldson, gaynor and hillery I actually feel pretty good about this OL class

Advertisement
This what Luke stampini says...

Miami continues battle for Herbert

Florida was considered the school to beat for offensive tackle Kai-Leon Herbert even while he was committed to Michigan. However, a strong visit by the Hurricanes this weekend has made this battle a bit more interesting. Florida still has the final visit, but the fact the Gators do not have an offensive line coach is certainly something the Hurricanes preached.

Offensive line coach Stacy Searels has done a good job getting Miami into the position they currently sit. It will now be the job of Florida area recruiter Randy Shannon, offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier and head coach Jim McElwain to slow any momentum Miami picked up over the weekend, and reassure Herbert they offensive line hire will be a good one in Gainesville.

While Auburn feels they are in the picture for Herbert, the majority of the buzz continues to be about the two in-state programs.

He's a gator. Spent the entire weekend liking all the Florida OV tweets that their commits were putting out. Chad Thomas did the same thing when he was liking all of miami's OV tweets during his visit to Alabama.

Let's move on.

Fake news. Just saw his twitter handle and only thing last couple of days were UM stuff

Advertisement
Dude was faving gator **** during his visit here.

That should tell u everything

This what Luke stampini says...

Miami continues battle for Herbert

Florida was considered the school to beat for offensive tackle Kai-Leon Herbert even while he was committed to Michigan. However, a strong visit by the Hurricanes this weekend has made this battle a bit more interesting. Florida still has the final visit, but the fact the Gators do not have an offensive line coach is certainly something the Hurricanes preached.

Offensive line coach Stacy Searels has done a good job getting Miami into the position they currently sit. It will now be the job of Florida area recruiter Randy Shannon, offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier and head coach Jim McElwain to slow any momentum Miami picked up over the weekend, and reassure Herbert they offensive line hire will be a good one in Gainesville.

While Auburn feels they are in the picture for Herbert, the majority of the buzz continues to be about the two in-state programs.

If the tweets are true that's more telling than the article. We'll see.

He's a gator. Spent the entire weekend liking all the Florida OV tweets that their commits were putting out. Chad Thomas did the same thing when he was liking all of miami's OV tweets during his visit to Alabama.

Let's move on.

Fake news. Just saw his twitter handle and only thing last couple of days were UM stuff

Are we talking Donald Trump "fake news" or actual fake news?

Advertisement

Let's move on.

The Trump one. If you click on the "Likes" section of his twitter profile there are plenty of Florida tweets from players who were in Gainesville this weekend.

Let's move on.

The Trump one. If you click on the "Likes" section of his twitter profile there are plenty of Florida tweets from players who were in Gainesville this weekend.

Oh I didn't see the likes but saw four or five pro miami retweets

Advertisement
Seriously. UF fans have been talking so much crap about how they're rolling on Miami in crooting. If Miami somehow were to land Herbert, Edwards, and CJ. That'd be a massive flip of the script.

It certainly does help though that UF still doesn't have an o-line coach. And if they're relying on Randy of all people to pull this kind in, then I feel good about our chances.

Rivals saying its UF lol

Did UF already hire an OL coach?

No but it'll either be Memphis' coach or Jeff Stoutland per insiders. Who knows though hiring staff has been a disaster so far, Locksley and Mario were supposed to be coming too.

Just FYI in December when you need an interim coach Stoutland sucks.

Why in the holy **** would Stoutland leave the NFL and the Eagles for the Gators?

JC

His contract is up supposedly and he prefers college and has worked with McElwain at two different schools. But I dunno probably more BS.

Advertisement
Back