Kaaya vs Notre Dame Sherman Oaks

cowboycane

All-ACC
CaneClassic (he'll probably post something ****** in here to follow up) and I attended tonight. HBK looked good.

They didn't ask him to throw downfield much, but the one that was 30+ yards that I saw was dead eye ****y. He is inconsistent at times with accuracy but made a few throws that our receivers would make plays on (he doesn't have a stellar receiver group).

I was most impressed with his accuracy on out routes to the far hash...very impressive.

Should also be pointed out that he was gimpy and wearing a brace on one knee which could have been a factor on some of the bad throws.

Other observations:

-The DB committed to UCLA didn't do anything and wasn't impressive outside of his size
-Donovan Lee will be a solid player somewhere...he is listed on Rivals as a DB but I liked him on offense. Similar to Dallas Crawford.
-#6 for Notre Dame is a baller and made a SICK play in which he hurdled two defenders, causing them to collide, and then ran 50 yards for the score
-Chaminade won on a missed field goal. I think that FSU is recruiting the kicker.

Advertisement
^This mouth breather pretty much nailed it.

The young man throws a beautiful ball. Real nice velocity on most passes, especially those out to the far hash. Was most impressed with his arm on those out routes.

Donovan Lee's legs kept the game from being on Kaaya's arm, which was unfortunate. Chaminade didn't ask too much of the kid, but he managed the game well.

Really dug his sideline, no-nonsense demeanor, too. A little bit of that fiery eyed focus that Morris gets. Good to see.

On a completely unrelated note, that game nearly short circuited my football brain. The opposing team was called Notre Dame. And Chaminade was playing on smurf turf a la Boise, with the Chicago Bears' "C" as their helmet logo, and the Philadelphia Eagles' eagle as their midfield and scoreboard logo.

Man, football is the ****.

Last edited:
Thank you fellas. These kind of reports are what make this board go.

Advertisement
Back