Kaaya playing subpar this year.....

13-19 241 1 TD, whats the problem? Besides maybe 1 or 2 more passing TD's. He's keeping the ball safe, no?

Only thing about Kaaya is what we already knew, he not a very athletic QB. I thought we saw what he's capable of the few time we went to 3 WR sets and sped things up. I "think" we'll get the full offense next week with more down the field, crossing patterns, TE seam routes and swing patterns to the backs.

Advertisement
I think the reason BK gets shade is expectation vs reality. We keep hearing about his first round talent, but he hasn't necessarily been able to put the team on his back and will a victory.

That's a stupid expectation, because very few, if any quarterbacks can do that. Don't get it twisted, there aren't many Vince Young type athletes out there, and even Vince had help. Remember, guys like John Elway, who were far and away more talented than Kaaya weren't able to lift mediocre teams to great success in college. Kaaya does his job at a high level, and he's done it DESPITE having little to no help from his offensive coordinator the first two years. He's done it DESPITE playing in a program beset by nonsense both within, and outside the facility. People forget, Ken Dorsey was significantly less talented than guys like Scott Covington, but Ken played with superior talent, and was given a better chance to maximize what he did have.

Well said. I am going to enjoy every game we have kaaya.

I think the reason BK gets shade is expectation vs reality. We keep hearing about his first round talent, but he hasn't necessarily been able to put the team on his back and will a victory.

That's a stupid expectation, because very few, if any quarterbacks can do that. Don't get it twisted, there aren't many Vince Young type athletes out there, and even Vince had help. Remember, guys like John Elway, who were far and away more talented than Kaaya weren't able to lift mediocre teams to great success in college. Kaaya does his job at a high level, and he's done it DESPITE having little to no help from his offensive coordinator the first two years. He's done it DESPITE playing in a program beset by nonsense both within, and outside the facility. People forget, Ken Dorsey was significantly less talented than guys like Scott Covington, but Ken played with superior talent, and was given a better chance to maximize what he did have.

If you're going to straight steal Franchise's argument, you should have at least read my response to him. Elway had numerous late comeback drives and willed his 'mediocre' team to victory on several occasions. Kaaya hasn't done it yet, but he still has time before he carries that label with him out the door.

Footwork needs work but he will start on Sunday's for the next 10 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol based on what?

Watching every game he's played in since he got to UM.

I think he should stay another ear, but he has it between the ears and that's what you need to succeed at the next level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no question Brad should stay for his senior year if he wants to truly be a successful NFL QB. He needs to develop his leadership abilities and learn more from Richt because he's had such terrible coaching thus far.

right on time

Advertisement

If you're going to straight steal Franchise's argument, you should have at least read my response to him. Elway had numerous late comeback drives and willed his 'mediocre' team to victory on several occasions. Kaaya hasn't done it yet, but he still has time before he carries that label with him out the door.

STANFORD NEVER PLAYED IN A BOWL GAME WHILE ELWAY WAS THERE. In other words, Elway couldn't lift a college team to 8 freaking wins. Let's be honest, comeback wins are a flawed statistic, because a lot of things have to go right for you to have that chance to begin with. Remember, Eli Manning gets credit for a comeback win in Super Bowls, never mind the fact that it took Asante Samuel dropping a gimmie interception in one, and M. Manningham making a miraculous catch in another one for it to happen. There's two types of football fans: Adults who understand that sports can be random at times, and idiots who believe in stupid crap like "Clutch". Classic example of that would be last night. D. Watson was putting the ball on the ground, he was stinking it up for a good part of the night, and then hit on a couple of big plays late. When did he suddenly become clutch? Or is it more the fact that a guy as good as Watson, if he gets enough shots at something, will eventually figure it out?

STANFORD NEVER PLAYED IN A BOWL GAME WHILE ELWAY WAS THERE. In other words, Elway couldn't lift a college team to 8 freaking wins. Let's be honest, comeback wins are a flawed statistic, because a lot of things have to go right for you to have that chance to begin with. Remember, Eli Manning gets credit for a comeback win in Super Bowls, never mind the fact that it took Asante Samuel dropping a gimmie interception in one, and M. Manningham making a miraculous catch in another one for it to happen. There's two types of football fans: Adults who understand that sports can be random at times, and idiots who believe in stupid crap like "Clutch". Classic example of that would be last night. D. Watson was putting the ball on the ground, he was stinking it up for a good part of the night, and then hit on a couple of big plays late. When did he suddenly become clutch? Or is it more the fact that a guy as good as Watson, if he gets enough shots at something, will eventually figure it out?

And adults who steal arguments, again, should've read the rest of the debate.

Bowl games actually meant something back then. They only played 11 games, and didn't play FCS teams. So saying he didn't play in one of the 15-16 bowl games they actually had back then, is essentially meaningless. And to even compare Kaaya's team to Elway's team is just ridiculous. How many guys went on to play in the NFL on those Stanford teams compared to the 10+ playing the NFL just from Kaaya's first two seasons?

Elway beat top teams and had several game-winning drives. Can we say that about Kaaya?

I like Kaaya and we are very lucky to have him as our QB. He needs a signature win and it's coming in 6 days. H 'I'll be back.

On a side note, Eli threw a perfect pass to Manningham. Over the outside shoulder and in his hands. How anyone could say otherwise is insane. You can say Tyree bailed him out in 2007, but not Manningham.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back