Kaaya: First Game Results

U Know

Junior
Won 57 - 33

269 yds; 1 td, 2 ints, 1 lost fumble

*Kaaya running back (Cory Watkins) had 4 touchdowns

Advertisement
Advertisement
So stoked for him to be wear the orange and green. Not a great game but he will be fine. Kinda glad he didn't throw for like 400 and 5tds because then everyone would panic thinking he was heading to ucla

couple mental errors, i would want to see the ints because at times its not all the qbs fault

theres a video on rivals. on the first one he led his receiver way too far on a slant and the line backer picked it off and the on the second one the DB just shed his block and jumped a wheel route to the runningback and took it to the house.

Advertisement
Here is every pass. Very shaky early, calmed down somewhat, talent is obvious:

http://vimeo.com/73528428

If you didn't tell me who I was watching, this is what I would have objectively said:

Nice arm. Smooth release. Good to see a HS kid taking some snaps from under center. Tends to chuck a little, needs help on his short and medium accuracy. Looks very inexperienced as he doesn't seem to get past his first progression or read the defense very well. A couple of brutal 100% QB's fault pick-6's. Looked tough to find a rhythm as his center was pretty erratic on shot gun snaps. Raw, but some nice upside. I look forward to his Junior and Senior seasons.

Since I know its Kaaya, I'll take the company line and just go with BLACK JESBUS!!!!

His lower body does need some work like that scout from the elite 11 said. Some beautiful throws, then some irratic throws mixed with rash decisions. His accuracy and touch were off and on. For the first 4 minutes I felt as if almost every pass was a screen or deep ball. Reminds me of Morris at times last year. His arm talent is apparent. If Coley can coach this kid up we got something special. Still a lot of growth that must occur.

Last edited by a moderator:
If that's the only data you had on him, then it'd be pretty clear why he doesn't have any quality offers aside from UM. Looking for a big bounce back. Somewhere, Rudy Carpenter was cringing. I doubt he'll use that tape to pitch new students.

Advertisement
Not much to add that wasn't already said about his play in that game, but it is a good show of why a QB is needed in recruiting every year. There were people putting him in the conversation for the big job next year without even putting on orange and green once, but it's nice to know that there are three names ahead of his at least.

* Just to add in, not bashing him for having one bad HS game, it's more so that I care more about the player he is three years from now than I do one year from now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The play calling was so bad. He looked good on the deep throws. Decent on medium and the dumps where putting me to sleep.

Advertisement
Back