Kaaya claimed by Lions

Does the NFL have a retirement system like the MLB?

Service time and getting paid a retirement check for how long you played?

They get $18k put in their 401k every year they've been in the league. If you're in the league for two years, $36k is put into your account (401k).

Advertisement

They get $18k put in their 401k every year they've been in the league. If you're in the league for two years, $36k is put into your account (401k).

If you're in the league for 3 years, how much would you get in your 401k?

Advertisement
Not a bad gig if he can carve out a career backup role making .5-1 million per year. Better than most of our careers will be.

Wonder if the Phins take a flyer on him now. Gase seemed very interested before the draft and Cutler may be out for multiple weeks. Depth if nothing else.

Advertisement
Our QBs post Brock Berlin...Kaaya, Morris, Jacory, the trash transfers we've had (Forcier for an order of coffee he never showed up for...Heaps...Ryan Williams), KW2M, Kirby, Crow, Marve, Whipple, Cannon Smith. Some horrendous players on this list considering who we are and the QBs that have come through here before them.

These are players the NFL completely disregards. They might have a cup of coffee and might bounce around, but these guys are not quality QBs.

In other words, you vest after five years. I don't know if it's 100% vesting after five. You might remember our TE who caught our first TD pass in our first NC game, Glenn Dennison. I remember talking to him when he was living in D.C. I think he was playing for the replacement Redskins during the big NFL strike back in the '80's. I think he said something about being months from vesting.

Slurpers still slurping. lulz

they should be grateful he left early. for all maliks flaws the kid is not a choke artists. kaaya goes 4 and out against fsu and gt. one almost picked pass, a floated pass out of bounds, and two sacks where he falls to the ground and balls up.

Advertisement
Good for the kid. Why anyone hates guys who put on our colors is beyond. Virtually every Cane player I have met in life, during and after football, have been fairly good people. As a group, they are better than any other group I know and better than other athletes as a whole. I am proud of our Cane family and feel sorry for the miserable little turds who do not understand what being part of that family means.

You want to hate former or current coaches and administrators, that is probably okay because they were paid employees. But some, like the ones who played here too or guy like JJ who adopted the family in totality are family regardless and should get privilege. Hating guys like Randy is inexcusable. Hate Golden, that's fine, okay he was always a psu puke. This is THE U and winning is what we always did, but family, the best family, is what we are and that is what is all about.

Advertisement

Not to nitpick, but I thought it was 20k (10k by the team and 10k from the NFL). It's my understanding that when the player puts in 10k, the league and team both match that.

It's amazing that Kaaya can't stick with a team with all the terrible QBs in the NFL. How can he not be a better option than Ryan Mallett, Blaine Gabbert, Scott Tolzien, Geno Smith, Brandon Weeden, or Colt McCoy?

It's amazing that Kaaya can't stick with a team with all the terrible QBs in the NFL. How can he not be a better option than Ryan Mallett, Blaine Gabbert, Scott Tolzien, Geno Smith, Brandon Weeden, or Colt McCoy?

Maybe because he's a soft b*tch that can't play at that level? It's getting embarrassing for Brad Kaaya at this point. Head to Canada, Brad. I still believe that system up there works better for him. He can stay in the shotgun and sling it around the field with limited pass rush. That's Kaaya to a T.

Advertisement
Back