Kaaya 2nd Half Question

fivecent

Junior
For the Qb gurus out there, based on the 2nd half, should we be worried about Kaaya's ability to read and perform against zone defense?

Advertisement
He was making good reads, his accuracy was the problem. The guy was missing targets left and right.

And the knocked down passes ... he will figure out --- he will be going through his FIRST spring practice + Bowl practices...... will help him a lot

kaaya cannot throw passes down the sideline with any accuracy at all thats the main thing i noticed last night.

That Beautiful pass down the sidelines to the endzone to Berrios, was a thing of BEAUTY. Kaaya is the only reason we stood a shot in that game.

Advertisement
That Beautiful pass down the sidelines to the endzone to Berrios, was a thing of BEAUTY. Kaaya is the only reason we stood a shot in that game.

Duke Johnson was the only reason Miami stood a shot in that game. Honestly you are giving Kaaya undeserved credit.

Duke Johnson was the only reason Miami stood a shot in that game. Honestly you are giving Kaaya undeserved credit.

The kid threw for 240 and 2 tds in the first half, but yeah duke was the only reason.

For the Qb gurus out there, based on the 2nd half, should we be worried about Kaaya's ability to read and perform against zone defense?

I would be more concerned with our route combinations against zone coverages. Has anyone else taken a long look at what we came up with on 4th and 9 to end the game? That was a head-scratcher, to say the least.

Advertisement

Meanwhile, Duke Johnson just had to come out a play after reading that.

Enough already. Fsu took the middle of the field away in the second half. That was obviously goldens and coleys game plan. And we made no changes after they took it away. He runs the plays doesn't call them

And he can't throw down the sideline? What did you call the 2 guys in his face wheel route to duke?

The kid threw for 240 and 2 tds in the first half, but yeah duke was the only reason.

Kaaya would have been begging to be benched without Duke Johnson on this team

I would be more concerned with our route combinations against zone coverages. Has anyone else taken a long look at what we came up with on 4th and 9 to end the game? That was a head-scratcher, to say the least.

What did the receivers nearest to the sideline run because I couldn't see it.

Being that there were 3 people surrounding Dorsett, I assume they weren't vertical.

Advertisement
kaaya cannot throw passes down the sideline with any accuracy at all thats the main thing i noticed last night.

Word...that ball Jake Heaps threw to Duke on the wheel was a thing of beauty

That was one of the ugliest throws that game but Duke just did a great job of stopping to catch it

Yeah, just dropped it in between two defenders...but keep trolling though

Maybe we are talking about two different plays bc i assure you im not trolling

Advertisement

Being that there were 3 people surrounding Dorsett, I assume they weren't vertical.

It looks like Walford and Dorsett ran a combination (8-10 yard Out from Walford and Post from Dorsett) from inside the 4WR set (3 to the right by 1 to the left; Walford motion'd to the right), while each WR on the outside decided to have a quick discussion with the DB covering them. Herb ran a quick in from the left of the formation (the lone WR) which garnered no attention.

Not even sure why Herb would be on that side alone. Essentially, we called all of the attention on the play to the middle of the field where our two go-to eligible receivers, both seniors, ran their combination. Kaaya didn't have a chance unless he improvised. He didn't have to throw the ball, as Duke was chipping inside and there was time, but he's a rhythm passer.

I'm going from memory, so don't remember what the outside WR (outside of Dorsett) did. I imagine a 9 route, as that would be the only way the field would be cleared for Walford's out.

Last edited:

It looks like Walford and Dorsett ran a combination (8-10 yard Out from Walford and Post from Dorsett) from inside the 4WR set (3 to the right by 1 to the left; Walford motion'd to the right), while each WR on the outside decided to have a quick discussion with the DB covering them. Herb ran a quick in from the left of the formation (the lone WR) which garnered no attention.

Not even sure why Herb would be on that side alone. Essentially, we called all of the attention on the play to the middle of the field where our two go-to eligible receivers, both seniors, ran their combination. Kaaya didn't have a chance unless he improvised. He didn't have to throw the ball, as Duke was chipping inside and there was time, but he's a rhythm passer.

I'm going from memory, so don't remember what the outside WR (outside of Dorsett) did. I imagine a 9 route, as that would be the only way the field would be cleared for Walford's out.

Coley was outside of Dorsett...I want to call it a curl, but in honesty he ran to the first down marker, broke it down, stopped, and turned and looked back towards Kaaya.

It wasn't a route.

I really don't understand what was trying to be accomplished right there.

If the outside receivers run 9's...Dorsett goes wide open down the seam and Kaaya probably lofts it to him for 6

Whatever that nonsense was, is a "fireable" offense.

Last edited:
And the knocked down passes ... he will figure out --- he will be going through his FIRST spring practice + Bowl practices...... will help him a lot

this is what bothered me though ... How many passes were knocked down? 3-5 ... tells me we weren't looking downfield as much. Tells me we backed off and that isn't a Kaaya thing.

The safeties didn't move a ******* INCH off of their mark.

Off of a TO, that's what you got on 4th and 9 Coley/Golden?

That's despicable.

Advertisement
Back