J'Vonte Herrod 2014 RB North Cobb, GA a name to remember

Paranos

All-ACC
J'Vonte Herrod 2014 RB North Cobb, GA a name to remember, with things not looking murky for UM with Dalvin Cook, this kid could a sleeper to look at along with D'Andre Ferby for UM to offer that last RB scholarship spot to. Herrod is 6'0 220lbs benches 345lb, squats 450lbs, with 37 in vertical and runs a 4.48sec 40yd time. His SR year at North Cobb HS in Georgia he had 124 carries for 1,113 yards (9.1 ypc) & 13 TDs, 15 catches for 214 yards & 2 TDs. These stats are comparable to D'andre Ferby;'s and some would say North Cobb HS plays better competition in Georgia. I think either one would be a good power back late addition for UM to add to the 2014 class. Tennessee and Minnesota seem to be the leading teams for Herrod but they are slow playing him while waiting for higher rated players to pick a school.

Go Canes

Here are J'Vonte Herrod's Complete 2013 Sr Yr Highlights, Ya'll can be the judge.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/419537/highlights/77062387?autoplay=1

Single Run Highlight
[video=youtube;UYA3ujPC6rk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYA3ujPC6rk[/video]
[video=youtube;6xFrEMYW9KM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xFrEMYW9KM[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
And here we go.

Best offer is from Minnesota. Or Marshall. Who the **** knows.

And here we go.

If you have watched Minn this year then you would not be talking crap, Coach Kill has a very very good eye for evaluating under the radar talent. Minn is a heavy running team, that is well coached. AN FYI Minn currently has commitment from Jeff Jones the #9 rated running back in country an they told him he would be the only RB in the class but they are trying to convince him sharing the load would make him better. Herrod enjoyed his OV to Minn so who knows.

Also have you watched his highlights, North Cobb plays some of Georgia's top talent. Now yeas Booker T. Wash went up there an spanked them but that doesn't mean there isn't talent in Georgia don't be naive. But again as I mentioned Ferby and Herrod should be very very late offers if UM strikes out with trying to flip Cook and Sony.

Go Canes!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Seriously we aren't desperate for a third rb in this class smfh! If Cook says no then please lets just stop with this extra rb talk this is annoying now

His highlight film isn't bad Paranos. I don't see us offering him, but I do see on 247 that he has an official set for the Vols. I haven't seen where our coaches have intimated that they're interested in any other backs other than the ones we already know about.

Advertisement
And here we go.

If you have watched Minn this year then you would not be talking crap, Coach Kill has a very very good eye for evaluating under the radar talent. Minn is a heavy running team, that is well coached. AN FYI Minn currently has commitment from Jeff Jones the #9 rated running back in country an they told him he would be the only RB in the class but they are trying to convince him sharing the load would make him better. Herrod enjoyed his OV to Minn so who knows.

Also have you watched his highlights, North Cobb plays some of Georgia's top talent. Now yeas Booker T. Wash went up there an spanked them but that doesn't mean there isn't talent in Georgia don't be naive. But again as I mentioned Ferby and Herrod should be very very late offers if UM strikes out with trying to flip Cook and Sony.

Go Canes!

Booker T crushed Norcross not North Cobb. Also this kid is a back for one of the best runners in the country, Nick Chubb.

Ferby is being evaluated as a LB by other schools... He is not a college back.

DBC, shut the **** up with this nonsensical bull****

Seriously we aren't desperate for a third rb in this class smfh! If Cook says no then please lets just stop with this extra rb talk this is annoying now

+1 you take Cook if he wants in because he's elite talent. The staff isn't taking a 3rd RB just to take one.

And here we go.

Go Canes!

Booker T crushed Norcross not North Cobb. Also this kid is a back for one of the best runners in the country, Nick Chubb.

Ferby is being evaluated as a LB by other schools... He is not a college back.

DBC, shut the **** up with this nonsensical bull****

I meant to BTW went up there an spanked the best team Georgia had to offer (which is why I said Them as in Georgia talent in general). Also I don't know know why you references Nick Chubb?

As for Ferby he is being looked as a Running Back by colleges because that is what he wants to play in College. He played RB 99% of the time this year to focus on showcasing his skill on that side of the ball, which is why earned Mr. Football for Tennessee as a RUNNING BACK.

@AllabouttheU I specifically said Ferby and Herrod should be VERY VERY late offers if UM misses on Cook and Sony! Cook will Early Enroll somewhere so that takes him off the board first week of Jan and as for Sony he is refusing to speak to any coaches other than UGA coaches at this point so I am staff will move on after giving it 1 more try if we don't flip Cook. Unless staff can get Edgar Cerenord to sway Sony to join him at UM then we take them both as a last minute package deal (which I would love)

Go Canes!

Last edited:
Seen the kid play in person simply put... **** no

So "CanesallDay1125" what didn't you like about 2014 RB J'Vonte Herrod's game that makes you definitively say "**** No" from watching him in person and also which game did you watch in person?

Go Canes!

Advertisement
And here we go.

Go Canes!

hahahah you just made my night. Merry Christmas!

If you're a RB from Georgia, and you're only in state offers are from Georgia Southern, Georgia St., and Kennesaw St, you're not Miami caliber.

If you're a RB from Georgia, and you're only in state offers are from Georgia Southern, Georgia St., and Kennesaw St, you're not Miami caliber.
good point but this is why I say he is an under the radar type. Keep in mind UGA locked up Sony and Chubb early. As for GT its tough for them to get players admitted and I don't know about his academics, so I can't comment on that aspect.

But I understand were your coming from Thread Killa, but have seen his Hudl highlights in the link I provided?

Go Canes

Advertisement
good point but this is why I say he is an under the radar type. Keep in mind UGA locked up Sony and Chubb early. As for GT its tough for them to get players admitted and I don't know about his academics, so I can't comment on that aspect.

But I understand were your coming from Thread Killa, but have seen his Hudl highlights in the link I provided?

Go Canes

Seriously? That's the reason he has those offers and none from GT and UGA?

it's not really harder to get an athlete admitted to ga tech than uga. stop that nonsense. if ga tech wants a stud rb who has qualifying grades and scores, they are offering.

If we happen to miss on a guy lets not give away a scholly to someone that may not make a difference on this team haven't we learned by now.?

Lets give it to a position of need for a player high on the board not a space or depth chart filler...

Dang, I actually like how he doesn't go down after the 1st, 2nd, sometimes 3rd tackle. He seems big, fast, and seems to run hard. I like him, there again, I have only seen his "highlights". Looks to me there is potential.

Advertisement
Back