Juwon Young says......

Advertisement
Dont want to sound like the donald but that is what is wrong in america - everyone thinks the rules apply to everyone else - next man up

Wtf does Trump know about rules, other than taking advantage of bankruptcy rules.

Therein lies the problem...."It was just cars"

Also -- no real need for a 5th thread on the issue.

exactly this. we also "just happen to be on probation." zero ncaa leeway right now.

"It was just rental cars

/ and I agree.... fck that lame *** we are on NCAA probation excuse its irrelevant.

they broke an ncaa benefits rule, and we're on ncaa probation. there's a whole lot of relevance there. whether or not you, or juwon, or aqm, or grace, or richt agree with the rule is irrelevant. the guys know the rules, they broke the rules, and they ****ed themselves and the team as a result.

Like I said UM is the NCAAs bxtch / fck this program they didn't deserve to be kicked off the team not even Young

How the **** do you know what they deserved? This potentially puts the program in hot water with the NCAA. Again. What kind of retarded logic leads you to think UM could have slapped them on the wrist and that would be the end of it?

Advertisement
Like I said UM is the NCAAs bxtch / fck this program they didn't deserve to be kicked off the team not even Young

How the **** do you know what they deserved? This potentially puts the program in hot water with the NCAA. Again. What kind of retarded logic leads you to think UM could have slapped them on the wrist and that would be the end of it?

It's like arguing with the corner ****** that tries to tell you the end is coming.

No amount of logic or good sense can penetrate those diseased minds.

Its called Precedent smh lol

exactly this. we also "just happen to be on probation." zero ncaa leeway right now.

"It was just rental cars

/ and I agree.... fck that lame *** we are on NCAA probation excuse its irrelevant.

they broke an ncaa benefits rule, and we're on ncaa probation. there's a whole lot of relevance there. whether or not you, or juwon, or aqm, or grace, or richt agree with the rule is irrelevant. the guys know the rules, they broke the rules, and they ****ed themselves and the team as a result.

Irrelvant bc the NCAA would've accepted game suspensions as punishment and never would've looked into it.

Do you all really think the NCAA was going to think about pulling another big time investigation into this bs issue after all they went thru during the Shapiro investigation??

"It was just rental cars

Irrelvant bc the NCAA would've accepted game suspensions as punishment and never would've looked into it.

Do you all really think the NCAA was going to think about pulling another big time investigation into this bs issue after all they went thru during the Shapiro investigation??

none of us know what the ncaa would've accepted. and i think the ncaa is looking at us through the best microscope they can get their grubby hands on because the shapiro case embarrassed them. if you think for a second that there's no desire for vindication on their end, you're a ******* idiot. this would have been a walk in the park for them had our compliance department not taken action.

Last edited:
Advertisement
DUH....."IT was just cars".......you can't fix stupid... Therein lies the problem. Recruit SMART players who get it.

"It was just rental cars

none of us know what the ncaa would've accepted. and i think the ncaa is looking at us through the best microscope they can get their grubby hands on because the shapiro case embarrassed them. if you think for a second that there's no desire for vindication on their end, you're a ****ing idiot. this would have been a walk in the park for them had our compliance department not taken action.

Compliance could've taken action with a 2 game suspension and the issue would've been dead.

"It was just rental cars

none of us know what the ncaa would've accepted. and i think the ncaa is looking at us through the best microscope they can get their grubby hands on because the shapiro case embarrassed them. if you think for a second that there's no desire for vindication on their end, you're a ****ing idiot. this would have been a walk in the park for them had our compliance department not taken action.

Compliance could've taken action with a 2 game suspension and the issue would've been dead.

how far up your *** did you have to reach to pull that assumption out?

Advertisement
I'm not really mad at the players but if you're a senior now then you were here when Shapiro carp happened. You gotta know better too.

Y'all are making just as many assumptions as Dirty Sprite is.

No assumptions.

Intelligent and informed options on this site are based on actual facts. Like, for example, UM's statement in which they state the decision and who was involved, as well as the actual NCAA rules that apply in this particular case.

Advertisement
Juwon Young, who was also involved in the rental cars but was dismissed earlier this summer and is now enrolled at Marshall, toldSaturday afternoon that "it's crazy" Grace and Muhammad were dismissed.

"It was just legitimate cars - nobody did anything bad, nobody took money, shot anybody, nothing outrageous," Young said. "It was just cars."

Young says he was dismissed earlier than the other two because "I wasn't forthcoming - that's why I was suspended, but they didn't get suspended at the time."

He adds "At the time it was a lot of confusion. I was thinking we could pay it back, pay whatever."

He said media reports about the incident paint an accurate portrayal in terms of the student-athletes not paying for the rentals.

Young sums up his final thoughts on today's dismissals: "That's crazy how they got what they got."

He has a very valid point with how stupid and controlling the NCAA as an organization is. These players where good students but where kicked out of school because they legally drove a car.

Think about that for a second

You are ignoring the point. Why don't you go to the company who offered these guys cars for free and ask for the "aqm special" and see if you get a high end luxury car rental for free. We both know that you won't get any deal. Because you aren't going to NFL.

Yes they legally drove the cars they were provided. Yes they violated NCAA rules because they accepted benefits without paying for them.

So, is Richt going to show up in a Maserati, Escalade, BMW, or Mercedes tomorrow to tell guys not take drive nice cars? (Not hating on Richt, moreso the NCAA's rules)

Advertisement
Back