Juwon Young says......

blackvern

All-ACC
Banned
Juwon Young, who was also involved in the rental cars but was dismissed earlier this summer and is now enrolled at Marshall, toldSaturday afternoon that "it's crazy" Grace and Muhammad were dismissed.

"It was just legitimate cars - nobody did anything bad, nobody took money, shot anybody, nothing outrageous," Young said. "It was just cars."

Young says he was dismissed earlier than the other two because "I wasn't forthcoming - that's why I was suspended, but they didn't get suspended at the time."

He adds "At the time it was a lot of confusion. I was thinking we could pay it back, pay whatever."

He said media reports about the incident paint an accurate portrayal in terms of the student-athletes not paying for the rentals.

Young sums up his final thoughts on today's dismissals: "That's crazy how they got what they got."

Advertisement
Therein lies the problem...."It was just cars"

Also -- no real need for a 5th thread on the issue.

Advertisement
I disagree with kicking them off the team, I would've just suspended them for 4 games & left it at that.

Advertisement
Like I said UM is the NCAAs bxtch / fck this program they didn't deserve to be kicked off the team not even Young

I disagree with kicking them off the team, I would've just suspended them for 4 games & left it at that.

I think if this happened next year, that's probably what would have happened....although, we don't know how forthcoming the kids were with the coaches and administrators.

But being that we are still on probation with a new staff and moving in the right direction, i doubt they wanted to do anything questionable to risk it all.

It's the hypocrisy of the situation. NCAA hypocrites. Other schools hypocrites. If this was the punishment all schools dished out it wouldn't suck so bad.

This. I love how everyone is on their high horse ****ting on the players. Sure they messed up but permanent suspension? GTFO. What they did deserved no more than a few games. It's SOP for every team in college athletics and should be for us.

Advertisement
This. I love how everyone is on their high horse ****ting on the players. Sure they messed up but permanent suspension? GTFO. What they did deserved no more than a few games. It's SOP for every team in college athletics and should be for us.
But, if the NCAA says they received impermissable benefits, they may be ineligible. If so, you run the very high risk of additional sanctions and forfeit of games.

Too many of our players are dumbasses.

Dont want to sound like the donald but that is what is wrong in america - everyone thinks the rules apply to everyone else - next man up

But, if the NCAA says they received impermissable benefits, they may be ineligible. If so, you run the very high risk of additional sanctions and forfeit of games.

I don't know all the intricacies of how things work, but couldn't Miami have self reported like Alabama and a few others do every year. Couldn't we have told the NCAA, we found this, we dealt with it by handing out a 4 game suspension. Isn't that how it generally works?

Advertisement
So dude says we didnt take any benefits then turns around and says i thought we could pay it back. Still lying smh. If you didnt take anything what you paying back

I don't know all the intricacies of how things work, but couldn't Miami have self reported like Alabama and a few others do every year. Couldn't we have told the NCAA, we found this, we dealt with it by handing out a 4 game suspension. Isn't that how it generally works?
Self-reporting doesn't get you off the hook with the NCAA. And, the elephant in the room is that we are still on probation. Those aren't just words.

i don't think it works that way when you are currently on probation for similar things.

Advertisement
Back