Juwon Young on the scheme

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
Did he say the scheme's are different?

[video=youtube;IW45i5CQQ94]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW45i5CQQ94[/video]

Advertisement
This has become an offseason tradition: people trying to convince themselves that Folden will change his 13-year-old defensive scheme based on a few player's comments.

both him and kamalu have said its easier for them. who knows, i am not excited for this season.

Al Golden is still the coach of the Miami Hurricanes.

This is all that needs to be understood. Rooting for a scheme change while AG is still coach is like requesting a tooth cleaning when you have terminal cancer thinking it might help

The Al & Al (Golden and Groh) school of defense doesn't allow for adaptive artistry, just for paint by numbers predictability and offseason platitudes.

Like other great campaigns promising hope and change, it will simply deliver heartbreak and cliche.

Advertisement
When DE's like AQM aren't 30 yards down field covering wide receivers on a consistent basis I'll start to believe that maybe the scheme has changed

We really need him to step up big time. he looked very lost last year. but he has to grow up fast. we have lil depth and he will get logged for mins

When DE's like AQM aren't 30 yards down field covering wide receivers on a consistent basis I'll start to believe that maybe the scheme has changed

AQM dropped into coverage in today's scrimmage. There you go.

Yeah that's what I was getting at. The camp report video from yesterday or today had it on one of the top plays of the day. Not gonna change any time soon.

Advertisement
This has become an offseason tradition: people trying to convince themselves that Folden will change his 13-year-old defensive scheme based on a few player's comments.

Yep. People on here are quote parsing with desperation to convince themselves that the scheme is changing. I think folks really grabbed on to that random rumor in the offseason that alluded to system changes but the rumor never came from anyone. Typical.

Advertisement
Every year we put too much stock into practice reports. No one knows if any real change in philosophy will be implemented until the real-live action starts and these coaches are put in a situation where they're either aggressive and live with any mistakes that comes with that, or they go back into a shell and play soft coverage to not allow chunk yardage. Here's to hoping the former is true.

Advertisement
They have adopted a flash card system that makes it easier for the players to get play calls from the sidelines.

Here's some examples:

three-pillars-2.png

3-ring%20binder.jpg

30714149-plane-with-the-banner-airplane-with-blank-banner--Stock-Vector.jpg

images

Golden is the most stubborn coach in the history of the NCAA, he aint changing **** because he believes he's the smartest guy in the room regardless of what the results show.

Why should Grolden change a thing? Here's 12 reasons why he's the BESTEST!

1. It'll always be his first year
2. Wins ACC every year
3. Wins all his bowl games
4. Is 3-deep at every position
5. Top 5 classes
6. Top 5 defense
7. Beloved by fans
8. NFL wants him
9. First class coaches
10. Orange tie
11. Just GETS IT
12. GUARANTEED CONTRACT