Juwon Young academic update

According to concordance tables between ACT and SAT scores, raising your ACT score by 4 points from 14 t0 18 is equivalent to raising your SAT score (critical reading plus math) by 200 points - not exactly a piece of cake.

Advertisement
According to concordance tables between ACT and SAT scores, raising your ACT score by 4 points from 14 t0 18 is equivalent to raising your SAT score (critical reading plus math) by 200 points - not exactly a piece of cake.

How old are you? You do know that the SAT has changed from the 1600 format of my day to what I believe is a 2400 point format, right? Also an 18 or 20 is something like the 50th percentile. Basically if the kid stays focused there should be no reason for him not to get that score. Unless he has a learning disability, well there routes for that anyways, Frank Gore being our biggest example.

How old are you? You do know that the SAT has changed from the 1600 format of my day to what I believe is a 2400 point format, right? Also an 18 or 20 is something like the 50th percentile. Basically if the kid stays focused there should be no reason for him not to get that score. Unless he has a learning disability, well there routes for that anyways, Frank Gore being our biggest example.

A little off topic here but this post reminded me. Did anybody catch Lamar miller and Frank gore on nfl live about a month ago? I'm not sure if they were on something but they both had trouble even forming sentences correctly and the host was struggling to continue the interview it was getting embarrassingly bad. If we can have those two and Devin hester (who spelled Miami wrong signing my friends football)get in then i can't imagine what these kids that are going prep now a days are doing in high school. Although I know times have changed..

That is why I was specific that the concordance I gave was for the sum of CR and Math only. I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that the NCAA only considered cr and math in determining eligibility. If you add all three scores, then the four point increase in ACT scores corresponds to about a 250 point increase in SAT scores. Here is a link to the concordance table for 2013:

http://www.studypoint.com/ed/sat-to-act-conversion/

An ACT score of 14 converts two a sum of cr and math of 670 - 710 and a score of 18 converts to 860 - 890. The difference is about 200 points.

If we add the scores from all three areas of the SAT, a 14 converts to 1080 - 1130 and an 18 converts to 1320 - 1370, a difference of about 250.

Last edited:
If I'm correct they kep your highest score from each subtest each time you take the test, so if he did better on the Math, he can keep that score and focus on the other section the next time. At least that's the way it was when I took the ACT 19 years ago.

Advertisement
If I'm correct they kep your highest score from each subtest each time you take the test, so if he did better on the Math, he can keep that score and focus on the other section the next time. At least that's the way it was when I took the ACT 19 years ago.

I don't think that's how it works.

I think they keep your higher cumulative of your tests. But I could be wrong.

Smh if you can actually do that.

Thats with the SAT, not the ACT. For Example, I can submit the 540 I got in the Math instead of the 520 I got the first time.

Advertisement
Back