Juwon Young academic update

Advertisement
He has plenty of time to get his score. He can take it probably 3 or 4 more times (probably more) before he has to have that score.

Advertisement
Love that he's all cane. I love our LB class this cycle.

4 points is a lot on the ACT, but like said above, he should have plenty of opportunities to get it there as long as puts in the work to prep for it

This could be our LB 2 Deep in 3 years if everything works out:

1st Team: Figs Kirby Grace
2nd Team: Smith Young Owens

4 points is work. I believe in the kid. Come on Juwon we all pulling for you

4 points ain't ****, the only thing you worry about a 4 point increase is that the **** Clearinghouse might flag it. 4 points is work when you have a 28 and want to raise it to a 32. Going from a 14 or 15, which I assume is what he has to 18 or 19 is not hard. These kids must take academics more seriously for their own sake, cause even if you make it into the league, unless you score a monster contract or play for 10+ years that money will dry quick, and then what do you have? If this kid takes it seriously there should be no reason for him not to get this done.

Advertisement
Advertisement

I don't see Smith as a LB in a 4-3 at all...

We will see this season. all they asked him to do previously was rush the passer, but apparently that will change this season. Some on here have said he has more than enough athleticism, just needs reps.

I don't see Smith as a LB in a 4-3 at all...

We will see this season. all they asked him to do previously was rush the passer, but apparently that will change this season. Some on here have said he has more than enough athleticism, just needs reps.

Also it will be interesting to see him without Blanchard out there causing havoc

4 points ain't ****, the only thing you worry about a 4 point increase is that the **** Clearinghouse might flag it. 4 points is work when you have a 28 and want to raise it to a 32. Going from a 14 or 15, which I assume is what he has to 18 or 19 is not hard. These kids must take academics more seriously for their own sake, cause even if you make it into the league, unless you score a monster contract or play for 10+ years that money will dry quick, and then what do you have? If this kid takes it seriously there should be no reason for him not to get this done.

These kids are blessed to be academically elite. You can't honestly expect them to be intellectually superior? That would be an embarrassment of riches.
Nowadays it seems like most kids are only good at texting in poor English or playing video games.
Might be too much to expect an elite athlete to be intellectually gifted as well.
I hope all our recruits are just smart enough to score the minimum required score, which, by the way, wouldn't get them into any college if they weren't football players.
Anything above the bare minimum would be icing on the cake.

Advertisement

These kids are blessed to be academically elite. You can't honestly expect them to be intellectually superior? That would be an embarrassment of riches.
Nowadays it seems like most kids are only good at texting in poor English or playing video games.
Might be too much to expect an elite athlete to be intellectually gifted as well.
I hope all our recruits are just smart enough to score the minimum required score, which, by the way, wouldn't get them into any college if they weren't football players.

Academically elite is being intellectually gifted. I think u meant athletically elite

Academically elite is being intellectually gifted. I think u meant athletically elite

True. I'm obviously neither in my ripe old age.

Advertisement
Back