Juwan Dowels 2014 CB

U

User-4525

Juwan Dowels 5'10 160-165 CB from Western High school (Davie/Fort Lauderdale)

40: 4.5
Offers: Cincinnati, W. Michigan, Ball State, South Alabama, Appalachian State, LA Lafayette
Interest: UCLA, USF, Wisconsin

Kid is about to blow up. He is a hard worker and looking to get bigger and gain strength to continue to become a better corner. Coaches in Broward know about his talent and the ball rarely gets thrown his way. When it does he usually intercepts or deflects the ball. He is a playmaker has a punt returner and a corner. Great cover corner. Has started CB since his freshman year at Archbishop McCarthy (when they were good and almost upset Norland and lost by 4 points). Grew up a Miami fan and would be ours with offer

Write ups on him: Blustin - With all the talent to choose from in this region of the state, is little wonder why a superior football talent like this is overlooked. One of the interception leaders a year ago continues to make major strides.

This pesky corner was a pest for receivers all weekend. He has tremendous quickness and breaks on the ball very well. While he is a little undersized, he makes up for it with good natural strength and a warrior's mentality. He has offers from Ball State, Cincinnati, Louisiana-Lafayette, South Alabama and Western Michigan. That list should grow as Dowels makes his presence felt on the camp circuit.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1603624/highlights/15525380

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZNCYC0nNB8

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Looks like a good player.

Western, isn't that the school Feliciano went to? I also think there's a poster on Grassy that coaches there. CityBoyCane I believe.

Looks like a good player.

Western, isn't that the school Feliciano went to? I also think there's a poster on Grassy that coaches there. CityBoyCane I believe.

Yeah that's his name, we both know Juwan. Feliciano did go to Western also

Juwan would literally give his left arm for a Miami offer. (D'Onofrio would just have to keep him on the left side of the field)

I think he's one of the top CB's in all of Broward County but then again I'm biased. I'll give you my unbiased reasons why though.

Most important reason why IMO...he knows how to play every technique, not just man-press. He can play cover-3 like a champ, cover-2, and in man-press he's a straight pesk. Pesky is a perfect word to describe his coverage skill. He's like a fly you can't get rid of. He also understands all the zone concepts. He understands how to squeeze his 3rd in Cover-3. He understands how to play Cover-2-Sink, which is a coverage absolutely zero high school Corners play down here. Most high school teams with top CB's only play primarily man-press and when they get to college they have a hard time picking up the intricacies of zone. (we've seen it happen at Miami with our young CB's) We throw alot at our defensive player and he picks it up with ease and he's an extremely coachable kid.

He does need to get bigger. He's a hair under 5'10" 160lbs. However, I've seen Miami offer (or pursue) Corners who were in the same size range as Dowels but with half the production. This is a kid that locked down Malcolm Lewis and Justin Furgeson (Notre Dame) when he was in 10th grade.

I wouldn't unnecessary say he's "under the radar" but I do believe he deserves as much attention as the other top CB's in South Florida. His tape is more impressive IMO.

Advertisement
Juwan would literally give his left arm for a Miami offer. (D'Onofrio would just have to keep him on the left side of the field)

I think he's one of the top CB's in all of Broward County but then again I'm biased. I'll give you my unbiased reasons why though.

Most important reason why IMO...he knows how to play every technique, not just man-press. He can play cover-3 like a champ, cover-2, and in man-press he's a straight pesk. Pesky is a perfect word to describe his coverage skill. He's like a fly you can't get rid of. He also understands all the zone concepts. He understands how to squeeze his 3rd in Cover-3. He understands how to play Cover-2-Sink, which is a coverage absolutely zero high school Corners play down here. Most high school teams with top CB's only play primarily man-press and when they get to college they have a hard time picking up the intricacies of zone. (we've seen it happen at Miami with our young CB's) We throw alot at our defensive player and he picks it up with ease and he's an extremely coachable kid.

He does need to get bigger. He's a hair under 5'10" 160lbs. However, I've seen Miami offer (or pursue) Corners who were in the same size range as Dowels but with half the production. This is a kid that locked down Malcolm Lewis and Justin Furgeson (Notre Dame) when he was in 10th grade.

I wouldn't unnecessary say he's "under the radar" but I do believe he deserves as much attention as the other top CB's in South Florida. His tape is more impressive IMO.

very good player but i cant rank him above lammons, patten, or randolf. its not about showing love to good players its ranking them and try and land your top ones

Advertisement

very good player but i cant rank him above lammons, patten, or randolf. its not about showing love to good players its ranking them and try and land your top ones

True.

I don't really know much about Lammons. The only tape I've seen on him he's playing QB and I seen a couple clips from combines.

The thing I like about Juwan Dowel's game is that he plays in a district with Miramar, Everglades, Flanagan and Cypress Bay so he's been covering Division-1 receivers (in games) since he was a Sophomore.

Wherever he ends up, I think he contributes from day one, as long as his size is adequate when he arrives on campus. His understanding of coverage schemes and his level of competition will allow him to contribute right away in my opinion. If he doesn't get much bigger then I think the Big East is a good fit for him.

lammons is just a ball player can do basically what you need on the feild the one thing your going to see is the same thing happened to brandon mcgee (same high school & coach ) is he wont play qb anymore and only focus o cb 4.3 speed doesnt hurt but he has one thing mcgee didnt and thats a mean streak after his senior year i dont think there will be any more doubts and fyi he plays in the same district as STA so him and corey holmes is going toe to toe

lammons is just a ball player can do basically what you need on the feild the one thing your going to see is the same thing happened to brandon mcgee (same high school & coach ) is he wont play qb anymore and only focus o cb 4.3 speed doesnt hurt but he has one thing mcgee didnt and thats a mean streak after his senior year i dont think there will be any more doubts and fyi he plays in the same district as STA so him and corey holmes is going toe to toe

Well Dowels could play QB too if we needed him to but we had a 6'4" QB with a UF offer. LOL. Dowel's situation is a little different than Lammon's.

Comparing Lammons to McGee isn't a good thing in my opinion. McGee was all athlete, no ball skills.

Advertisement
Texas A&M offered, Juwan is gonna camp on the 23rd

Last edited by a moderator:
He is perfect for what Miami loves which is short corners. I don't understand but thats what they love.

Film looks very good but what gets me about kids like this is why hasnt he hit the camp circuit with avengeance? A guy like this could get hella offers if he hit camps and proved he can lock down the Ermon Lanes or Johnnie Dixons of the world consistantly..Thats what scares me about Nigel Patton. Buddy has gon completely MIA. Why is he not hitting the circuit? Lammons has been around. And **** even QW and MJ have. The last guy that did this that was a Dade County legend? Aldarius Johnson. (Patrick Peterson called him out many times that summer) Now we know why he didnt becuz of that 4.7 speed of his.

Anyone who knows Juwan can shed some light?

Advertisement
Back