Justin Medlock to visit. (COMMITS!!!)

Advertisement
Well jokes on you. I’m a competitor so what are you good at?? I’ll kick your *** in it
Bet. 3-point shootout from the right corner and left wing.
1627065752239.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I watched his sophomore highlights . #1 takeaway is that HUDL is loooonnnnngggg. Which means he's a playmaker.

Medlock is a true LB, so we won't have any issue with him taking 2-3 years to convert from rush end, and we've seen how hard that is to do. He's built really well, has enough speed to close the gap on RBs in the second level and scrambling QBs, so he's not slow. He's faster than Flagg when comparing HUDLs. I especially like his ability to diagnose the play quickly and always get to the ball.

His negatives still show up. He doesn't have a good first step, and it's not just due to reading the play. Even on clear blitz situations, he is no faster than anyone on the defense off the ball, including the nose tackle. He seems to be fine after that first step, but he's not bursty either. We saw Keontra close that gap in a finger snap during the Spring Game. Or Phillips get-off from the edge. Medlock doesn't have that.

All in all, I think he'll make a great add to the class. He'll cover his zone well, give us what Shaq brought us. Super solid. High floor but ceiling's not Day 1 / Day 2.

after what we witnessed at linebacker last season, I'll take guys who are sound, reliable and solid. We need an infusion of football IQ in that room. Bottom line, certain guys looked like they had never played the position at certain points. Teams can win without a Dan Morgan or Ray Lewis

Advertisement
Back