Justin Flowe

Advertisement
I've never understood why ppl can't just not click into threads they want deleted.

@maudes

Great suggestion here. Gives users the ability to make threads "invisible" to them. That way they can pretend its deleted and live happily without the stress of knowing a thread exists on a topic on a message board. And posters who wants to keep checking and discussing it, can do so.

We are actually Beta testing a new feature where the Maudes/Mods/Admins can make a porster invisible to everyone but ourselves. We're calling it "Yelling into Space" Mode.

How it works is once a porster is sufficiently annoying that we would usually band them (e.g., they reach Jagr levels), we'd place the porster on Yelling into Space Mode. That porster can see the board and everyone's posts. And that porster can even respond with their nonsensical garbage. But no other poster can see those worthless, insufferable porsts. Only the Mods, Maudes, and Admins may see their porsts, and the system automatically and periodically generates a stock response from a list of random CIS accounts to fool the porster into believing they are still porsting visibly on the board.

I probably shouldn't have shared this...

Advertisement
Advertisement
We are actually Beta testing a new feature where the Maudes/Mods/Admins can make a porster invisible to everyone but ourselves. We're calling it "Yelling into Space" Mode.

How it works is once a porster is sufficiently annoying that we would usually band them (e.g., they reach Jagr levels), we'd place the porster on Yelling into Space Mode. That porster can see the board and everyone's posts. And that porster can even respond with their nonsensical garbage. But no other poster can see those worthless, insufferable porsts. Only the Mods, Maudes, and Admins may see their porsts, and the system automatically and periodically generates a stock response from a list of random CIS accounts to fool the porster into believing they are still porsting visibly on the board.

Forwarding this to Elon Musk to propose at Twitter's next board meeting. The world thanks you

I’m truly amazed by the fact that a thread about a kid who committed to Oregon almost two years ago, enrolled, and currently in an Oregon uniform going through spring came could have this much traction on CIS. Wow! Just wow!
Way tooooooo much
23A02EBE-8A64-42A4-91CB-6E9B201B29DC.jpeg

I’m truly amazed by the fact that a thread about a kid who committed to Oregon almost two years ago, enrolled, and currently in an Oregon uniform going through spring came could have this much traction on CIS. Wow! Just wow!
Not a surprise given the LB experience from last year. The kids are doing the best based upon what we have, but the days of Armstead, Lewis, DJ, etc. sure have sailed.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Careful, you might get disinvited from the Jamaican Maude retreat that management is hosting.

Advertisement
Back